CNG Hike :: Have your say!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ew-gas-price-formula/articleshow/21666219.cms

Being in Ahmedabad, I shell out Rs.66.80 as Adani CNG has the monopoly in CNG in Gujarat. Users of CNG in Mumbai and Delhi are much luckier and shell out Rs.36 and Rs.42 respectively. With the hike in effect, CNG rates would cross petrol rates atleast in Ahmedabad.(Petrol being Rs.74.10).
This defeats the purpose of having CNG. Although I may gain an extra 5-7 kmpl in mileage from my car, I loose power from the engine, acceleration and overall life of the car's vitals not to mention the boot which vanishes thanks to the installation of the cng kit..
With this impending hike in place people would begin throwing out their CNG kits and switching to petrol/diesel.
Owning and running an automobile has become a pain in the rear now. The government is doing everything it can to rape the general public before 2014. When will this torture end?

No it won't end. It will become even worse in future. Rupee falling everyday against dollar, will increase prices further. Plus our finance ministers only know how to increase taxes and burden the common people even more. I don't have any hope for India now.

The government is doing everything it can to rape the general public before 2014. When will this torture end?
Its called addressing budget deficits in time before the rating agencies downgrade us to junk status. That means we borrow money at still higher rates of interest along with further currency depreciation. Which will make things still more expensive for everybody.

Govt has to generate more revenues from any source possible. Hopefully they will do it and things will calm down after a bit.

An early election will make things better for us as presumably it will end the legislative deadlock, end uncertainty and make it easier for FDI to enter the country but no political party is ready for it. So at least one more year of this left.

Being in Ahmedabad, I shell out Rs.66.80 as Adani CNG has the monopoly in CNG in Gujarat. Users of CNG in Mumbai and Delhi are much luckier and shell out Rs.36 and Rs.42 respectively. With the hike in effect, CNG rates would cross petrol rates atleast in Ahmedabad.(Petrol being Rs.74.10).

Don't worry, the petrol prices too will get hiked again :p

Where does this money go ?
I pay my fair share of taxes but is it really going to the poor . I would like to know what the general category gets out of the taxes paid ?

I bicycle to short distances. Have saved thousands of rupees since I started. If the place is around 10km, I usually take just 10-15 minutes more to reach than if I were to go on a motorbike.

I've actually stopped motorcycling now. Haven't used it at all for the past few months, and I was a hardcore motorist until a year ago (my engine's mileage is ~27kmpl).

No it won't end. It will become even worse in future. Rupee falling everyday against dollar, will increase prices further. Plus our finance ministers only know how to increase taxes and burden the common people even more. I don't have any hope for India now.
You forgot :p
They also know to give free computer, TV, Fridge, Alcohol, food and money from our taxes.

Nonsense. Petrol/Diesel I can understand since a lot of it is imported. Why the f%% is CNG becoming so expensive. Great work taking kickbacks from Ambani, Adani and co. and allowing them huge monopolies.

Back