Coding a Microprocessor Simulator in Java

Speedz

Adept
Okay, so I am here doing my internship at this university which needs me to make a Simulator for a microprocessor as a Java Web Applet.

I have never coded in Java before, so I am currently looking up some resources from Lynda.com and the likes to get an idea.

But, obviously, I have absolutely no clue regarding what is the scale of the project that I am looking at. I mean, something similar on C++, which I am reasonably good at, would take a considerable time but seems achievable. However, here I need to build in the GUI and stuff as well, with drag-n-drop features and the likes.

So, where can I look for some guidance/assistance on the same?

Also, anybody can give me a heads-up on how to go about doing this? Best practices, data types for the commands and memory space and such?

Oh and if you are wondering, I had made it absolutely clear to them that I had very limited knowledge of Java on my CV. And I didn't now anything about this project before I landed here because they needed me to sign an NDA first.

Kindly help, because I am kinda freakin out of sorts! :unsure:

UPDATE : I am still looking for help, but I found something which might help others with a similar situation in future.

http://code.google.com/p/microsim-uprm/source/browse/trunk/src/microsim/?r=131

Can anyone competent enough at Java just glance through the above and see if it is a well written code? Thanks!

Back