Less than 10K "Compact" phone

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Looking for compact-sized phones, should be 5" or less. When I say "compact" I mean that the phone should be comfortable on the hands. Many phones even though they have 5" display the body is large/long, something which I dislike. If it helps I'm currently using a 4.5" display Moto E with a Galaxy J1 Ace as a backup phone.

As for the specs, I need:
Dual-SIM, dedicated memory card slot and good battery. +4G VoltE.
Came up with the following list:
Moto G Turbo, Moto G Play, Samsung Galaxy J2 (2016)/J2 Pro.

Budget is not really an issue but price should be reasonable. Since there is no good android compact phones I was contemplating on buying an iPhone 6S just because its compact and seems to be pretty good (can give up my other needs) even though I'm no iPhone fan but the pricing...lol. :D

I would've bought the 1+X if it had a dedicated memory card slot. The phone also seems to have been discontinued now. Meanwhile Sony phones are extremely overpriced. RIP Xperia Z3/Z5/X-Compacts. Was thinking of the Moto X Play but changed my mind after thinking about the huge ass 5.5" screen.

Moto G Turbo is like a legend now. G Play while having decent specs is priced a little higher than expected and is now in the hands of Lenovo, a phone manufacturer which I honestly don't trust. Anyone here using the the J2? Is the Pro worth the extra 1-1.5k over the J2 (2016)? How's the software of new Samsung phones? Bloatware and stuff.

Will there be any new (compact) phone launch in the coming days? I can buy the above listed phones immediately or I can wait. I can do both. Just don't wanna regret it if a new good phone is on the way.

Thanks.

Stop thinking or going with Samdung phones. They have a lot of bloatware and very over priced.

OP can go with Motorola G4 Plus @ 15k from amazon

Though its processor is not that good for gaming but it is sufficient for browsing & viewing YT videos.

G4Plus has got Nougat 7.0 update rolling from December officially or OP can download the US version of Nougat update and upgrade to Android 7.0 OS.
He wants a compact phone 5" or less.

Anyone got the Samsung J2 2016? I'd like to know your gaming experience. FYI it comes with a Mali GPU. The other areas are fine. Selling it for 9.5k.
Also played around with some Samsung premium phones and their 5.5". If the phone is properly designed 5.5" will not give such a big trouble. Loved the S7 Edge. :D
Thinking of the 1+3 non-T. If CES doesn't show anything else. MWC is weeks away.

For this reason, I keep coming back to my trusted Samsung S4, 4G version which I got from Australia. 5" gorgeous full HD 1080p Amoled display. JIO sim working flawlessly, I use JIO app. S4 has almost non existent side bezels, its very narrow for a 5" phone plus weight distribution of this phone is spot on, feels feather light in my hands. It has only 2GB RAM and still on Lollipop officially, but works amazing after disabling bloatware.

For this reason, I keep coming back to my trusted Samsung S4, 4G version which I got from Australia. 5" gorgeous full HD 1080p Amoled display. JIO sim working flawlessly, I use JIO app. S4 has almost non existent side bezels, its very narrow for a 5" phone plus weight distribution of this phone is spot on, feels feather light in my hands. It has only 2GB RAM and still on Lollipop officially, but works amazing after disabling bloatware.
If it still works then sure why not? The S4 was a good phone. Heard that rooting it and removing the bloatware makes it feel like it was (almost) new. The S4 9500i which I had, its motherboard died so...

Back