Computer for 22K

-Guevara-

Disciple
Need computer for office work only. No intention of watching HD movies or playing games on it. Please recommend a good motherboard for the i3-530 processor which is below 6k. Also power supply should not be more than 450w and make sure its power connector matches with the motherboard.

I've already decided to buy the following:

1. CPU: Intel i3-530

2. Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA

3. Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S223F SATA DVD Writer

4. Monitor: Benq 15.6" G610HDA LCD

If you can find better then i will opt for it. :)

========================================================

1. Q: What is your budget?

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

NA

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

NA

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

1. CPU: Intel i3-530

2. Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA

3. Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S223F SATA DVD Writer

4. Monitor: Benq 15.6" G610HDA LCD

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Will not upgrade for atleast 5 years.

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Delhi, Nehru Place

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Office work, accounting and internet browsing.

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Intel processor is a must.

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

If any then only basic games which doesn't require graphics card.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Whatever best fits a 15.6" monitor.

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows Vista or Windows 7

I don't know why you are insisting on Intel system. Within 22k, you can get a quad core AMD platform and that will perform much better in office works / multitasking. You might be interested in the following :

AMD Phenom II X4 925 -> 7100/-

Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H -> 4400/-

Kingston ( 2GB+1GB ) DDR2 -> 2000/-+1050/-

Western Digital 500GB Blue -> 2400/- ( 5yrs warranty vs 3urs of seagate )

Samsung / LG / Asus DVD writer -> 1100/-

Zebronics Bijli -> 1000/- ( without SMPS )

FSP Saga II 350W / Zebronics Pro 350W -> 1600/-

BenQ / Acer 15.6" -> 4500/-

Logitech wired keyobard+mouse -> 800/-

Total = ~21500/-

Now, you can choose 4GB RAM instead of 3GB if required for another 1000/-.

And for your query about i3 motherboard, Intel DH55TC is the cheapest @ 5600/-.

Everything is available at SMC International at Nehru place or you may contact him here too as he's a regd. dealer of TE.

Do you plan to overclock?

For just Office work, accounting and internet browsing you don't need an i3 IMO. Even a Core2Duo will suffice, (IF) you insist on an Intel.

OR you can go for AMD Athlon II X2 245 2.90GHz which is roughly half the price of i3 530. Even the mobo for it is cheaper than i3's.

The money you save there can be put to buy a larger 19" LCD or an SSD or Graphics.

^^^^Very good suggestion.

Get a Athlon II X2 and save money, sa you will never require the horsepower. And IMO, the onboard HD4200 is better.

Found TheITWares selling this H-55 mobo for 3375 :D Pmed them. But after that TE was down. Just confirm with them whehter the pricing is correct.

If it is then this the cheapest H-55 mobo around.

MSI LGA1156 VGA Micro ATX Motherboard H55M-E33
TheITWares -MSI LGA1156 VGA Micro ATX Motherboard H55M-E33 - TheITWares

Also in case of Intel for your needs a pentium dual core will suffice. Performance on par or similar to AthlonII X2 and power consumption duing idle and load is lower.(by 6-28w :))
Intel E5400 (2.7 GHz 800MHz, 2MB,LGA 775) - 3075
Gigabyte G41ME-S2L - 2300. (The X4500 IGP should be enough for your needs)

If you need DDRIII then consider the GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L - 3050. ( Though native DDRIII suppport is only upto 1066MHz it doenst matter much for an Office PC)
TheITWares -GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-ES2L LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - TheITWares

checked some reviews few days ago x3 720 beats i3.Also you could save money by getting x2 555 (and if you get batch which can be unlocked then will beat all cpu in same price range) suggesting this as Office work, accounting and internet browsing is not so intensive.Also you could save on ddr3.

Back