Video Confuscius says,"I am confused"..LCD's or Plasma TV

As the topic says..would really like to know which one to go for..an lcd tv or plasma...Doesn't matter which brand it is.Actually had plans to go for this one made by JVC

Link
JVC - Productline True 1080p Series

But unfortunately the service centres are too far so if any problem arises..we have to lug the whole damn thing..(Though I dun mind :p ) but my dad and bro does.So currently would like advice on this

Uses: PS3 and normal tv viewing (I refuse to say x360 cause I was the main reason tht we didn't get the hdtv for it..since it doesn't deserve tht much of a special treatment and ultimately ticked my bro :rofl: )

Price? That JVC looks damn good..What price range are you looking at? As a thumb rule, if the screen you want is <40", go for an LCD, if it's >40", get a plasma.

Avoid Plasma like plague... LCDs have matured enough now to completely replace plasmas. Unless you need huge TVs (50 inch+), there's no reason whatsoever to consider a plasma heh.

Plasma are on their way out.Most companies are gonna stop producing plasmas starting this year. like others have suggested unless you wanna buy tv greater than 42 inch,there is no point going for plasma.And since you will also use it for normal tv viewing you should never even consider a tv with a screen size greater than 42 inch.

Thx for the replies guys..

@Techhead-Price no bar..

@Chaos and arrow055-Guess tht means my bro is gonna win since he wants the samsung bordeaux :mad: .If only tht service center was near..

Hotstuff said:
go for the bordeaux eyes closed... have a luk at the Hitachi ones as well.. hitachi also makes decent LCDS

Didn't see any hitachi tv's at the showroom..but I'll say this,these sales guys are dumb..one jackass was persuading me to buy a dreamcast when I came there looking for a tv..The best part is when he said tht SEGA is an indian company :rofl: :rofl:

Guess I'll check out hitachi again in other areas..thx for your suggestions.

there is a point to go for projection TV's or plasmas if and only if u want a TV greater than 42"...and IMO a TV greater than 42" isnt required for regular TV viewing

rohithdr said:
Bravia is overpriced and more over the bravia range is manufactured by Samsung itself. So better off buying samsung instead.

Sany uses panel made by Samsung however entire image processing engine is different and far better than Samsung. I agree that it is overprice but at the same time noticeably better than Samsung

Back