Monitors Confused about LCD monitors

phoenix007 said:
^^ But is there any point buying 770p for 18 k when you can get a 20 inch lcd for 20 k ???

Well, I don't think so. Anyways, I will check the prices once again. The problem is that not many dealers have it in stock. So, they say order it now and get it after 3-4 weeks and so. Also, new models like the Samsung 931C is not available yet in India.

@Vij, 19" LCD's have quite a good area, but sadly very low resolutions. I've noticed good 17" LCD Monitors are way sharp, due to balanced amount of screen area and resolution.

phoenix007 said:
^^ But is there any point buying 770p for 18 k when you can get a 20 inch lcd for 20 k ???

If you are serious about photoshop, this is a far better panel than the 20" VX2025WM.

Chaos said:
If you are serious about photoshop, this is a far better panel than the 20" VX2025WM.

I understand. But it is not readily available here. :( One dealer I spoke to today, said it is back to back order (Not sure what he meant) and it takes 3-4 weeks to get it. Do you know any dealers around? Otherwise, I have to settle for 740 or 940.

Well if you do want a very good 17 inch lcd(one of the better ones) and don't mind spending a bomb then as chaos said go for 770P.they are indeed very good. But downside is they cost even more than baseline 19 inch models.

You can also check out Dell 1707FP.I haven't seen it but a lot of people have favourable opinion.If you can get it cheap go for it.

Also look for Sony SDM-E76D. Its specs aren't that impressive but it has a decent image quality.Although its a TN panel and its adjustments are wierd, i somehow liked its image quality.

Just get the Samsung 770P, if you can't afford it right now, then better add more cash and get it later. I don't see any better 17" LCD then Samsung 770P available in India. From my assumption, if you try to search for better price, you'll get it for around 16K at maximum.

Try calling Samsung about the availability and pricing information.

Called up dell. They said there would be a lead time for delivery of any monitor since they import it from somewhere. Can't figure out any retail shops selling Dell. Will call up samsung dealers in Bangalore for 770P and post back the results.

Folks...

Finally, I took a VA1912W which was actually within my budget. I am very impressed with it so far. Shall post some pics once my rig comes up.

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

AmbarD said:
Congrats dekruzader
BTW how much did you get it for?
Also how is it compared to the 940BW??

Thanks. I got it for 14,400 + tax.
Well, I did not see the 940BW... So, can't judge. I shall tell you more once I get to see more of this baby! :D

Back