Confused about transfer of vehicle from haryana to pune

hello guys!
I am thinking about transferring my Honda Activa from Haryana to Pune. I will be using it for only six months.
I talked to the agent and he told me the following things :-
1. Get NOC from Haryana
2. pay road tax for maharashra.
3. Get your vehicle registered in pune.
He told me that I will have to pay road tax which is around 9% of cost of vehicle.
He is asking 8k in total for all this.

But when I searched I found this http://morth.nic.in/index2.asp?slid=609&sublinkid=338&lang=1
Does it mean that I can use my Activa for upto 12 months without registering it in pune?
Some also wrote that you have to show some slips if police asks for it. I can show insurance which is been done this feb. I can also get pollution certificate and petrol slips from haryana.
Will this be fine or I am missing something?
Please give your inputs :)

if you are planning to use it only for 6 months no need to transfer the registration and redo it here.... that way it will be costly....
AFAIK some notices were issued by Pune RTO to all major companies asking to provide information about non MH vehicles used by their employees.
That notice also said that the vehicles shd register in Pune if they are planning to stay for >6months.
I am not sure how one can prove that its been less than six months that they have brought the vehicle in MH, etc....
You can try to find out this one thing about what proof/doc is required to prove that this vehicle was brought in pune within less than 6months.
Maybe a PUC from Haryana shd do... Not sure....

if only for a few months, ask a friend or family at haryana to send you bills for petrol from haryana every 3 weeks or so. That should keep the cops at bay.

W@rrier Sending bills of petrol pump won't be a problem but I am not sure if cops abide by it.
I am also worried about how many times I will be stopped. I will be traveling 12 kms one side from magarpatta to Market yard, gultekdi. I always wear helmet.

- - - Updated - - -
onlyravi thanks. I will try to confirm that. Do you have any idea about how many times police stops non MH vehicle for checking?

onlyravi thanks. I will try to confirm that. Do you have any idea about how many times police stops non MH vehicle for checking?

From Magarpatta To Marketyard is a relatively safe route...
Route is jam packed on Solapur road so bikes are never stopped apart from someone asking you for license on the signal...
This stuff depends purely on the place you are and also your luck...
Like the other end of the bridge near adlabs you will find mamas waiting religiously on wknds.
Similarly there are few other such spots but your route is pretty safe.
PM me once you are in Pune and I will mark you a inner route which has no signal and traffic is also very less. That shd halve your travel time. But for solapur road its horrible... not much options.

One doubt, in case of getting a NOC from the old state, do we need to take the vehicle too to the old state or would they give NOC without displaying the car?

Back