Android Confused between op3 and Moto z play

asura

Disciple
Hi guys just now i have purchased the moto z play which should be delivered in 2 days but was really confused between this and op3.[DOUBLEPOST=1476797696][/DOUBLEPOST]So guys please let me know you are on which side?
For me one plus 3 would have been perfect but didn't want to spend more than 20000 after exchanging my old device. (got a good rate by flipkart)
Anyways iam changing my phone yearly so didn't want futureproofing that much also no heavy game playing.

Last edited:
Bro Even i was in the same boat but finally ordered the Moto Z play.i agree that OP3 has a better processor and for the camera i think its better than Moto.
But for me the Battery was Priority 1 followed by the camera.Other than that since i am not a gamer so Proccy is not an issue..
Moreover it supports 2 sims and a Memory card as well which is also good.
Last one is that i got a good deal for my old phone so i decided to got for Moto

Moto z play if you want great battery life,faster android updates. If you want a powerful future proof phone with 6gb rams then OP3.
Either phones the daily usage performance is same, they r both lag free. Both good for gaming too.

Moto z play cons
  1. no led notification light
  2. No battery percentage indicator {graphical is there but percentage one is not there for that you have to either go to battery or swipe down notification 2 times for the toggle screen where at the top battery in percentage is showing}
  3. Onscreen button, unnecessary extra step to go back {if you have space utilize it}
  4. Sound is lil less but positioning is good but this can be a problem at congested areas.
  5. One bug encounter when you are downloading many apps at once from play store and you swipe their notification the app gets stuck in installing mode ..then you have to clear the play store app and restart again to download and install all the app
  6. No bundled notification
  7. Camera catches wind noise easily if the source is far.
  8. No inbuilt do not disturb mode where you can set the time like night to not disturb. There is one in moto action which says flip the phone to do not disturb but i like to set the time, previously moto g first generation were having this features.(edit:sorry you can do that there you have to set the rules)
  9. For accessing notification bar you have to touch and drag it down this is normal right but now most of the phone have gesture when you do up to down swipe at home screen notification bar comes this is very useful atleast you don't have to use both hand just to access notification bar.
  10. Heavy ..mobile is heavy
edit

• how to get battery percentage indicator read the below post
    • for accessing notification bar by swipe down gesture use any other launcher of your choice
    • camera catches wind noise if you are sitting below the fan and taking videos and the source is far ...you will usually not encounter this problem
    • there are some apps which are not properly optmised like es file explorer (my fav file manager) delete those ..it consumed 7 percent battery in 3 hours when the phone was sitting idle which is a very big deal considering the battery performance.
    • this is the issue usually associated with the on screen button ...some apps don't support immersive mode (feaure should be incorporated by developer) like tvf play when you watch the video on screen button will be present(very irritating thing)
    • getting a good tempered glass is pain in the finger:D
    • forget to mention phone big along with heavy, small hand beware.

Last edited:
Moto z play cons
  1. no led notification light - This is because there is active display, whenever you pick up the phone, the display will come on showing notifications
  2. No battery percentage indicator {graphical is there but percentage one is not there for that you have to either go to battery or swipe down notification 2 times for the toggle screen where at the top battery in percentage is showing} - Search for how to activate system UI tuner in Moto Z play

@vaibhavyagnik thanks battery percentage is now showing.
now about active display ..it is good feature but for this you have to pick the phone or hover your hand over the screen..now this is good but it is not at all a substiute for led notification, which you can see from far and also during battery charging it is very useful.

Moto z play if you want faster android updates.
I wouldn't trust Moto with updates. They broke their promise when they didn't update the KitKat devices to Marshmallow. They explicitly advertised that all Moto phones would get the next two major Android updates.

One bug encounter when you are downloading many apps at once from play store and you swipe their notification the app gets stuck in installing mode ..then you have to clear the play store app and restart again to download and install all the app

This is a common issue on most android phones. This happens most often when you start setting up the phone and select to install all previous apps. Something about downloading dozens of apps at the same time causes the play store to bug out.

I wouldn't trust Moto with uodates
hmmm.. i think lenovo might have hand in these, but anyway what i have noticed is that the 2nd big android update makes the phone buggy( remember iam using only mid range mobiles)
but then also we update the phone only because of the new features which we can use which is available in that version.
from integrity point of view this tells more about a company what they think about their customers.

moto z play pros
  1. battery-one word amazing(update the no. after 2-3 days).
  2. build quality- again looks premium and the style mod is wooden(cool).
  3. fingerprint scanner-very responsive.
  4. performance and multitasking-responsive and till now no lag.
  5. screen- superamoled screen(enuf said)
  6. voice recognition- very good {may be because of nlp and ccp..directly copying from the moto india site
    System Architecture/Processor
    Motorola Mobile Computing System, including Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 625 processor - 2 GHz Octa-Core CPU and Adreno 506 GPU, 650 MHz
    Natural Language Processor
    Contextual Computing Processor}
  7. turbo charging-very important ( timings update later)
  8. headphone jack - sound out put very good checked with audio techinica m50x,sonymdr xb30ex, sennheiser cx180 amd cx213
not sure about things of moto z play
  • camera - good but not great ..i like the interface..as a midranger i think it should not disappoint but can't say it confidently without comparing to other phone in this range.
  • gaming- i only play asphalt 8, sky force reloaded , smash hit , candy crush, the room which are not that taxing on the processor so the performce was smooth but for heavy gaming can't comment.
  • network- iam staying in the sion area of mumbai that is middle of mumbai ...every company has good network here ..but after putting my airtel sim it is not showing full network like other phones used to do ...use wise it has not affected me but if somebody who is staying in the area where signal strength is not that good definitely have a look first.
conclusion: Go ahead with the purchase if you want a beautiful phone with amoled screen amazing battery life and performance.
many times there are many features which are available in the phone but we tend to not use them because they sip battery very
fast but with this you don't have to worry about that.[DOUBLEPOST=1476980252][/DOUBLEPOST] Screenshot_20161020-214233.png Screenshot_20161020-214238.png[DOUBLEPOST=1476980458][/DOUBLEPOST]Screenshot_20161020-215003.png
edit
  1. battery figure form 100-20%
    Screenshot_20161025-162916.png
    Screenshot_20161025-162904.png
    the phone was connected to pc for 5 minutes i.e is the indicated charging for viewing the video quality taken by the phone.
    Screenshot_20161025-162908.png
  2. turbo charging from 20-100% is approximately 1hr35min
(during battery testing the phone was using only one sim and connected to wifi all the time and multimedia was streamed from the respective app)

Last edited:
Guys who who own Moto Z Play wanted to check if you were able to get any good Screen protector and Hard case which protects the phone from drops?
I am not able to find anything good.

Guys who who own Moto Z Play wanted to check if you were able to get any good Screen protector and Hard case which protects the phone from drops?
I am not able to find anything good.
ordered chevron tempered glass from amazon recieved it today didn't find the fit perfect and also there was no wet and dry cloth included , so going to return it.

ordered chevron tempered glass from amazon recieved it today didn't find the fit perfect and also there was no wet and dry cloth included , so going to return it.
But after applying it can you return it?
I was looking something like the Rhinoshield or a reputable brand .Unfortunately didnt find anything like that.

In amazon.in is having mainly chevron only with different prices for same thing but name change slightly... The fitting was very poor.
In flipkart there are many different name brands but i don't have trust in them.
And if are talking about amazon.com even the most rated one doesn't have edge to edge fit but atleast its available.
New phone issues.. Have to live with it.. My previous 2 phones i haven't putted the tempered glass or any screen protector
Office Lens 20161024-152841.jpg
but this phone is big and every time i take out it from pocket i fear for scratches.. And also previous phone were only in the range of 10 - 15000

In amazon.in is having mainly chevron only with different prices for same thing but name change slightly... The fitting was very poor.
In flipkart there are many different name brands but i don't have trust in them.
And if are talking about amazon.com even the most rated one doesn't have edge to edge fit but atleast its available.
New phone issues.. Have to live with it.. My previous 2 phones i haven't putted the tempered glass or any screen protector View attachment 67406 but this phone is big and every time i take out it from pocket i fear for scratches.. And also previous phone were only in the range of 10 - 15000

Is there a way to remove the Google Now bar which usally comes ta the top of the home screen.
I see that you only have the google icon which is still better than the whole bar.
Can you help?
And what is that Up arrow key above the 4 icons which you have .?

Back