Budget 31-40k Confused Between two Laptops

Which is a better option

• AB031TX

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • AC179TX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I want to buy a laptop for media Consumption and Casual gaming.

Confused between these two laptops.
1)AB031Tx (for 42K)
vs
2)AC179TX (for 40K)

One has a better GPU 940M compared to R5 M330 where as the other has the 6th Gen i5 processor compared to 5th Gen.

Both have a 1080P display.

AC179TX is 2K cheaper than AB031TX.

Considering all the points mentioned above which laptop should i go for?

Also do feel free to suggest any other laptops within 40K budget with the above config.

(also im looking for a laptop with backlit keyboard not sure if any of the above have one)

Thanx in advance.

Look at the acer v3-v574 with i3 and 940m for 40k. It has a backlit keyboard. Not an IPS screen in Indian models from what I can tell of the specs though.

Personally I would go for the one with the 940M since i prioritize gaming. But I'll decide after checking them out personally. Laptops dont always turn out like you'd expect.

Look at the acer v3-v574 with i3 and 940m for 40k. It has a backlit keyboard. Not an IPS screen in Indian models from what I can tell of the specs though.
Well the laptop you are suggesting is an i3 i dont know if i would compromise on processing power just for a backlit keyboard.
I want a backlit keyboard but its not my top priority.

Personally I would go for the one with the 940M since i prioritize gaming. But I'll decide after checking them out personally. Laptops dont always turn out like you'd expect.
well true that,
but i have heard that there are some CPU bottleneck problems in the i5 5200U and hence the GPU is never used to its full capabilities.
Hence i was wondering to get the i5 6th gen since it has more power compared to the 5th gen.

but i have heard that there are some CPU bottleneck problems in the i5 5200U and hence the GPU is never used to its full capabilities.
Not sure if you are aware of this but mobile GPUs (with the suffix "M") are also considerably weaker than their desktop counterparts so I wouldn't be so worried. Besides the GPU in question here is the lower 940M not GTX 950M/GTX 960M so you'll be fine. Intel mobile processors are also not not so weak like AMD APUs. If there's something bottlenecking the GPU it would be an AMD APU.

Hence i was wondering to get the i5 6th gen since it has more power compared to the 5th gen.

err...do you know the performance increment of the Skylake from Broadwell? I'll admit that I don't know much about the 5th gen Broadwell chips (Intel launched 6th gen way too fast!) but i doubt that the "power" is major. Check review benchmarks to get some numbers.

Not sure if you are aware of this but mobile GPUs (with the suffix "M") are also considerably weaker than their desktop counterparts so I wouldn't be so worried. Besides the GPU in question here is the lower 940M not GTX 950M/GTX 960M so you'll be fine. Intel mobile processors are also not not so weak like AMD APUs. If there's something bottlenecking the GPU it would be an AMD APU.

err...do you know the performance increment of the Skylake from Broadwell? I'll admit that I don't know much about the 5th gen Broadwell chips (Intel launched 6th gen way too fast!) but i doubt that the "power" is major. Check review benchmarks to get some numbers.

Yes seems like you have made your point.
will go for the AB031tx.

Only one question remains that is can i replace the default keypad of the laptop with a backlit one(I mean is it possible)if possible within a budget in 1-1.5K.

Back