Budget 71-90K Confused between two Macbook pro models

Which model do you think will suffice my needs ?

• MacBook Pro MGX72HN/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MacBook Pro ME864HN/A

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Guys

Im on a lookout for a macbook pro but confused between below 2 models

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/apple-mgx72hna-macbook-pro-notebook/1827118701
and
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/apple-macbook-pro-me864hna-4th/1976114360

the difference between these 2 models are 8gb vs 4gb ram and 200mhz faster processor, there is a price difference of 12k between these 2 , and im not sure If the price difference of 12k is justified considering that the 4gb memory module is cheaper and in these modules the memory is soldered and cant be upgraded and for this very reason if paying 12k extra is justified

Here are my requirements :

1) Beautiful display and good graphics for mmorpg like second life and other open grids
2) Windows installation , so that I can manage my VMs and play around with SCVMM and manage my vsphere server (My desktop) this would be for learning purpose only as I will be writing my MCSE : private cloud and my upgrade to VCP6 when the next major update releases next year, how is the windows experience ? will it have any effect on the extra 4gigs of ram ?
3) RDP to windows PC
4) Most importantly movie codecs, will I be able to play all movie formats ?
5) Some basic gaming like CS:GO
6) And yes free upgrade to Yosemite when it releases
7) Connecting my Full HD 3D tv via miniDP to HDMI adapter (will the performance be good ?)
8) May also learn some final cut pro / aperture

@Switch @avi

Last edited:
From my experience buy the 4 gb version and later upgrade to 8GB for Yosemite 8GB required for smooth performance. Why are you buying from Snapdeal instead buy from apple reseller and then claim the student discount. With student discount you will get at the cheapest deal anywhere available in latest model .

Most of the time in Snapdeal sellers sell the older version of Mac Book Pro at cheaper price (I didn't got chance to check snapdeal listing so i can't comment if it's newer model or not). If i were in your position i would have opted for latest model from the apple re-seller for convenience and peace of mind

the memory is not upgradable and is soldered on the motherboard, the 8gb model is the new released model , the price quoted by apple resellers are way too high and the price ends up being expensive than the snapdeal price even if i go via student discount

ryan imho mac is more memory dependent then cpu - ive owned three/4 mac laptops and if u can ask anyone whose upgraded memory on them.. they will say its a big noticeable change - so if u can please go for more memory. last thing u want is a sluggish system maybe not now.. but when yosemite comes out.. u might notice it. there is a reason all macs ram r bumped up.. try n go for a newer' better specd model if have the cash.

also get something with a proper bill and not a parallel import / incase ever apple decides to ask u for a proper invoice and the seller online couldnt/didnt provide u with a invoice apple can and does reject warranty on them - so be safe when ur buying such a expensive machine - sometimes machines register just fine and there is no questions asked. sometimes they ask u for a invoice. then ur stuck, rest is obviously your choice.

Last edited:
ok guys, took the plunge and got the new model with 8gb ram from local iStore , luckily they had it in stock and had discount, i paid 80K under student discount

Thanks guys for all the help :)

@RS4 im not going for a dell this time, cos i already have a laptop from work

Last edited:
Back