Android Confusion regarding Pixel 2 XL

Thanks all for the replies. I enquired with the customer care time and again, and they keep saying it's a brand new unit and not a refurb/ factory tested, god knows, I stop caring.

You bought this new?
Nah. It was a replacement device sent to me after the death of my OG Pixel. They assured me it would be brand new, as last time they sent me a refurb (for the OG) and it died in short time, I threatened them legally and made them sure to send me a brand new device and not a refurb one. I emailed them yesterday asking them about that sticker and mentioning that they have again sent me a refurb, but the customer rep. says it's brand new.

Nah. It was a replacement device sent to me after the death of my OG Pixel. They assured me it would be brand new, as last time they sent me a refurb (for the OG) and it died in short time, I threatened them legally and made them sure to send me a brand new device and not a refurb one. I emailed them yesterday asking them about that sticker and mentioning that they have again sent me a refurb, but the customer rep. says it's brand new.
They never sent brand new phones as replacement theyre repaired and made to look new, B2X must have replaced the unit?

They never sent brand new phones as replacement theyre repaired and made to look new, B2X must have replaced the unit?
Yeah don't know all that. But this is a brand new phone, confirmed 3 times from customer support even after legal threatening. That sticker means nothing anyway. It's there on most phones released nowadays but what i don't understand is how that sticker is there for a device from 2018.

Yeah don't know all that. But this is a brand new phone, confirmed 3 times from customer support even after legal threatening. That sticker means nothing anyway. It's there on most phones released nowadays but what i don't understand is how that sticker is there for a device from 2018.
Frankly speaking never seen that sticker on any phone 2 years back or even now but to tell u have seen similar stickers on replica or cheap fake phones.

Yes the sticker looks cheap
It's there on a lot of phones nowadays. I was watching the Nokia 5310 review of iGyaan just few nights back and noticed that sticker on the back of the phone, under the battery. Then upon further searching found that sticker on other phones as well, along with mobile chargers and other accessories.

The R code is import code. The knot in the middle means it meets some quality standard or some regulatory stuffs.

It's there on a lot of phones nowadays. I was watching the Nokia 5310 review of iGyaan just few nights back and noticed that sticker on the back of the phone, under the battery. Then upon further searching found that sticker on other phones as well, along with mobile chargers and other accessories.

The R code is import code. The knot in the middle means it meets some quality standard or some regulatory stuffs.

The one you saw on that phone (Nokia5310)its the imei number sticker and not the cheap looking sticker on this device. They both are different.

The one you saw on that phone (Nokia5310)its the imei number sticker and not the cheap looking sticker on this device. They both are different.
The sticker on the Nokia 5310 has additional information, like IMEI etc., yes, but I meant the knot marking, the separate parts mentioning and the R labelled code specifically, which are all exactly the same. In either case, it is already proven that the sticker is a BIS thingy and has absolutely nothing to do with refurbished. All stickers look cheap to me, so it's irrelevant discussing its looks. OP was made to discuss about its meaning, not looks.

Attachments

• 5310.png
    5310.png
    554 KB · Views: 112
Back