PC Peripherals Connecting 2 broadband router for easy CCTV lan viewing and internet sharing?

I have two BSNL connection and on one , it has CCTV and from there it streams via internet and i think it stream over wifi or lan on that router . I have another router with BB which i need to connect to this , so that it can consider my router too as lan and stream CCTV bypassing internet.

Also is there a way to merge two broadband connections ?

I have two BSNL connection and on one , it has CCTV and from there it streams via internet and i think it stream over wifi or lan on that router . I have another router with BB which i need to connect to this , so that it can consider my router too as lan and stream CCTV bypassing internet.

Also is there a way to merge two broadband connections ?
Yes. You can use a router like netgear R7000 which allows dual-wan setup. This will do load balancing - means if net A is slow then Net b will kick in or fail over only - means if net A stops working then Net B kicks in

Screenshot_20190710-093226.jpeg

Yes. You can use a router like netgear R7000 which allows dual-wan setup. This will do load balancing - means if net A is slow then Net b will kick in or fail over only - means if net A stops working then Net B kicks in

View attachment 80931
Thanks , but does it allow to utilize to use both broadband at same time or will shift to either when one is congested ?

right now i am using two TPlink ADSL modem+router for my BSNL landline broadband , so now i should take the LAN cable of each and connect with this .. am i right ?

Thanks , but does it allow to utilize to use both broadband at same time or will shift to either when one is congested ?

right now i am using two TPlink ADSL modem+router for my BSNL landline broadband , so now i should take the LAN cable of each and connect with this .. am i right ?
It will shift when one is down or has low bandwidth.
You take lan cable from wan port of modem1 and putnin wan port of router. And from second modem you take lan cable from it wan port and insert in lan1 port of router

Basically, In commercial or soho routers everything is configurable, the retail routers on the other hand expose only a limited set of functionalities. For example if the router has four ports you can make whatever port you chose as a WAN port, even make 3 ports as WAN and you can write routes to make certain packets go to one WAN interface or the other or you can also make all the ports behave as a switch and so on. The settings are such that you can almost configure anything because of the granularity of control provided, you are limited only by the hardware capacity.
You will need to know some network knowledge to make them work though, but if you are good with google you can me it work to suit your needs. If you have a friend in US or UK you can get a decent one for less than 5000Rs. e.g. Microtik hEX line of routers

Last edited:
spoke with a computer engineer , so we have planned to share CCTV alone with two networks. i dont want to invest in 5k router right now. possibly when my bro comes from US , i will ask him to buy one from there . Meanwhile we have planned to use a switch and connect in to a server , and connect my second lan to the same switch and share or access the CCTV feed.

One question though , how can i make my network only one way , i am connecting my lan to business network , i dont want to expose my lan to workers.

Also i have around 5 ext HDD and right now using a USB 3.0 hub to connect it to my laptop , but i want them to be on my lan accesible to my android box , so that i can access my download in the android box. What to i need to achieve this ?

Also i have around 5 ext HDD and right now using a USB 3.0 hub to connect it to my laptop , but i want them to be on my lan accessible to my android box , so that i can access my download in the android box. What to i need to achieve this ?

bumping for suggestion on this ..

Also Thanks a lot @rajil.s

i have around 5 ext HDD and right now using a USB 3.0 hub to connect it to my laptop

usb hub is powered or not?

you can share media on connected drives in a lot of ways. Easiest way is you can use software like Universal Media Server (free) or Plex (paid) to share folders to android box and do on the fly encoding if required for some formats if your laptop is strong enough and has hardware decoding/encoding (6th gen intel or later).

UMS just starts a dlna server on your laptop. On android box, if you use Kodi, VLC or any other good media player, just browse to dlna server and select the UMS server (it should come automatically) and then you can browse all the folders you added in UMS easily and play files off it.

usb hub is powered or not?

you can share media on connected drives in a lot of ways. Easiest way is you can use software like Universal Media Server (free) or Plex (paid) to share folders to android box and do on the fly encoding if required for some formats if your laptop is strong enough and has hardware decoding/encoding (6th gen intel or later).

UMS just starts a dlna server on your laptop. On android box, if you use Kodi, VLC or any other good media player, just browse to dlna server and select the UMS server (it should come automatically) and then you can browse all the folders you added in UMS easily and play files off it.
I have tried it but i couldnt able to get a good result. For 4k and other files it just couldnt handle.. possibly my laptop.
IS there a good router to which i can hook and able to access easily and which also supports 3.0 multiple hdd , or even hub

My hub is not powered

Why waste money on router which has less cpu power and memory than a laptop?

Maybe you need a NAS. But those are very expensive. Maybe you could do a simple NAS out of raspberry pi and connecting the external hdds to the pi. Search YouTube for raspberry pi nas.

Playing 4k files requires dedicated HW decoder. Probably the new pi4 could do that. You won't even need Android box then. Play media directly off the pi connected to the TV.

Why waste money on router which has less cpu power and memory than a laptop?

Maybe you need a NAS. But those are very expensive. Maybe you could do a simple NAS out of raspberry pi and connecting the external hdds to the pi. Search YouTube for raspberry pi nas.

Playing 4k files requires dedicated HW decoder. Probably the new pi4 could do that. You won't even need Android box then. Play media directly off the pi connected to the TV.

But i dont need them to decode , i just want to push the files to my 4K android box(himedia q5pro) , it can handle the rest..

Can you attach drive directly to the himedia q5pro? It has 3 usb ports on it. There must be at least 1 usb port free to attach external hdd. If you have powered 3.5 external usb3 hdd case, you can connect 1 drive to the android box and play files off it.

Can you attach drive directly to the himedia q5pro? It has 3 usb ports on it. There must be at least 1 usb port free to attach external hdd. If you have powered 3.5 external usb3 hdd case, you can connect 1 drive to the android box and play files off it.
i have already connected two ext hdd to it , but since i download with my laptop , each time i have to copy to hdd and plug into my android box , if i could use my network to access my ext hdd`s (6) it would be easy for me.

I did see pi NAS , but it too has limited USB.

i need a usb hub connected to router which can push files at gigabit speed .. any router which can support a for eg a 8 port usb 3.0 hub(powered) ?

i need a usb hub connected to router which can push files at gigabit speed .. any router which can support a for eg a 8 port usb 3.0 hub(powered) ?
Connecting all the hdd's to a usb hub can kill all of them at once if there is surge in power supply or power adapter goes bad suddenly. I searched amazon and i didn't find any 8 port usb hub powering all 8 hdd's.

I think best option for you would be to get a low powered AMD or Intel cpu with 4GB ram and a case that can support 8-10 3.5 hdd's and a good psu and mobo. Just install os of your choice on it and share all the hdd's. If you don't have extra hdd for OS, install a linux os like Linux Mint or Xubuntu on a 64GB usb 3 pendrive and use it to run the file server.

Connecting all the hdd's to a usb hub can kill all of them at once if there is surge in power supply

very true.

so i can build a small form factor CPU and rip apart the ext hdd and take the 3.5 hdd and connect them to the CPU ?> is that what you are suggesting ?

Back