Audio Connecting JBL SB350 soundbar with VU 55 inch LED TV

skaluva

Disciple
Hi,
My T.V has 3 HDMI ports but none of them support ARC. So i'm not able to use HDMI option given by JBL soundbar. So thought of using optical cable support, but i don't see any port labelled Optical but i have SPDIF jack in which i'm not able plug the optical cable given by JBL because its not a kind female port but looks like male port. I'm not sure SPDIF and optical output are same. Currently i'm using traditional AUX IN/OUT support but sound is not upto the mark. Can you please help me out in using either of HDMI or Optical support. Do i need any kind of converters to support these?[DOUBLEPOST=1445844237][/DOUBLEPOST]Can any one help me in this regard?

Last edited:
Found myself.. spdif jack is covered with dust cap which i was unable to pull earlier ... so thought its a male port and should not pull it hard.. after some googling found spdif or optical ports are usually covered with dust caps which are of two types, one is old style (removable cap, sometimes hard to pull out) and new style (shutter type cap). JBL soundbar has new style cap where as my T.V has old style cap. Finally i pulled the cap bit hard and it came out successfully. Then i'm able to connect optical cable given by JBL to my T.V. Believe me guys, drastic change in sound after i use optical cable. So use either optical output or HDMI output (if T.V supports) if you really want to enjoy JBL soundbar fully. Hope this helps some one like me.

I think you mean picture quality. Its good for HD channels, but for SD channels, picture looks bit grainy. When you play 1080p or HD movies from hard disk, awesome clarity in picture. I'm totally satisfied with the tv. :). I bought TV around 2months back when flipkart had sale that time and got it for 44K after CC cashback.

sd will look like crap on most HDTVs.

would appreciate a more in-depth review once you use it for awhile. they have some appealing pricepoints but you cant really get a good idea of PQ in showrooms with all the bright lights.

esp. would like to know hows the black levels & color reproduction, how good is it in fast moving scenes etc..

meanwhile, enjoy the tv :)

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm if you are using Vu 140cm (55 inch) Full HD LED TV (LED-55K160GAU), since i could find an optical out behind my TV. I have bought Sony HT-CT 290 soundbar which has only HDMI & Optical Out for connection.

So could you advise which port on back of tv you have connected. Also, a picture of the port or the optical cable you used would really help me.

Regards,
Ashwath

Back