Connecting Mi TV with Home theater

Hi All,

I have an old version Mi 4 42" TV and Sony SA-D100 4 speaker home theater speaker system and want to connect them together. TV has AVI, 3.5mm headphone port and S/PDIF. Speaker system has RCA ports (called DVD in) and 3.5mm port (called TV in). The issues I am facing so far to connect the two systems are -

Problem 1 - when connecting 3.5mm ports of TV and speakers through 3.5mm male to male cable, only two speakers are working i.e. one (out of 2) on each side.

Problem 2 - when connecting with RCA connector cable (red & white ports both side) there is no audio on speakers.

I checked some videos where they are suggesting to connect with SPIDF port and using Digital to Audio converter. Is there any simpler solution to connect or ways to resolve above two problems such that all 4 speakers work???

Also is it possible that if external speakers are connected but switched off, TV uses internal speakers, and when turned on TV connects to external speakers. Currently if I have a 3.5mm cable connected to TV, it does not use internal speakers in any case.

Thanks in advance :)

Problem 1 - when connecting 3.5mm ports of TV and speakers through 3.5mm male to male cable, only two speakers are working i.e. one (out of 2) on each side.

This is possibly because 3.5mm is giving out stereo output only.

Problem 2 - when connecting with RCA connector cable (red & white ports both side) there is no audio on speakers.
Any setting to change in TV for this? or may be RCA port died either on TV or speaker ?

Maybe the TV RCA ports are input only. No use connecting one input port to another input port.

Maybe OP should try connecting STB RCA ports to speaker RCA ports directly to get sound out from speakers. Mute or lower the TV speakers if using hdmi connection.

Back