Construction quality of Lodha's 3.5 Crore premium flat

The judge who was listening to the case has recused himself and the case is now being heard by a different judge now.

Recent developments.

Last edited:
I am working in construction in Canada now and I've not seen massive houses like the rich folk in India like to build even in very posh locations. Also nowhere near as expensive type finishes like marble/granite or fancy/intricate workmanship either.

I am working in construction in Canada now and I've not seen massive houses like the rich folk in India like to build even in very posh locations. Also nowhere near as expensive type finishes like marble/granite or fancy/intricate workmanship either.
Isnt it because most of canadian real estate is bought by rich people, particularly the rich chinese, as investments and not actually for living?

I am talking about oceanfront properties and such which are bought not just as investments but because these people have too much money and they have to do something with it. A 10 million dollar home doesn't look all that impressive, and that's despite construction materials like concrete and lumber being very cheap.

Lodha Builders, Directors Asked to Pay Rs2.52 crore to Homebuyer by National Consumer Commission

The National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) has ordered Lodha Crown Buidlmart Pvt Ltd and its present directors, Ramandas Pandey and Pranav Goel, to refund a homebuyer over Rs2.52 crore with interest, which includes his deposit and other expenses, after they failed to deliver the promised 60th floor flat in Worli.

The complainants had booked a 3BHK flat on the 60th floor of “Lodha Dioro” costing Rs4.46 crore with a duly registered agreement on 9 May 2012. They also claimed to have paid Rs14 lakh as parking charges for two parking spaces.

Unpopular opinion - i think, these cement board walls are better for maintenance instead of the regular brick and plaster walls.

My building is 25+ years old and there's small pieces of plaster and cement falling from the ceiling. Even a small 4-5 cm size piece weighs a lot, is sharp and dents things that it falls upon. If it falls on some one, then hope that person is safe. Else you end up with hospital bills.

Maintaining these cement walls and ceilings require us to break all the loose cement etc leading to a lot of cement dust pollution. Not to mention the cost. Breaking one side leads to other parts falling off on some other side. This is just a huge headache imo.

Otoh, these cement boards are light and can be replaced / repaired faster than normal brick walls. They are already flat and almost ready to paint. The only thing they lack is the support for heavy wall hanging furniture etc.

What do you guys think?

There are certainly advantages to drywall. Running electrical and plumbing lines through them without cutting chases itself makes a huge difference. Wall hanging can be done long as you have structural studs in behind the drywall. For whatever reason people aren't bothered to put good sound insulating materials in the walls though. I think as wages for workers and materials like brick and mortar continue to increase, and availability of skilled masons decrease, these things will become more popular.

The only thing they lack is the support for heavy wall hanging furniture etc.

What do you guys think?

All that is needed is educating people on how to do stuff in these types of buildings. You need to find the steel/wooden stud (usually spaced 16 inches apart) and you can hang whatever you want. Also, all work force will need to be correctly trained which is a monumental task in itself. Thirdly, prices of such apartment will have to be reduced a lot as these type of products don't last a lifetime like regular RCC construction.
Regarding using insulation in between the panels, like Chiron pointed out, it comes with it's own set of problem like molds and breathing problems associated with the material of insulation. I am myself at a crossroad. I want to install insulation in my false ceiling between the wood and the steel sheets. Reading about it leads to lots of headache because there seems to be still many issues abroad where this is very common.

All that is needed is educating people on how to do stuff in these types of buildings. You need to find the steel/wooden stud (usually spaced 16 inches apart) and you can hang whatever you want. Also, all work force will need to be correctly trained which is a monumental task in itself. Thirdly, prices of such apartment will have to be reduced a lot as these type of products don't last a lifetime like regular RCC construction.
Regarding using insulation in between the panels, like Chiron pointed out, it comes with it's own set of problem like molds and breathing problems associated with the material of insulation. I am myself at a crossroad. I want to install insulation in my false ceiling between the wood and the steel sheets. Reading about it leads to lots of headache because there seems to be still many issues abroad where this is very common.
I added false ceiling after steel sheets and wooden beams of my farm house last year. no problems at all. Ill be installing ac next summer, hence false ceiling
Post automatically merged:

Unpopular opinion - i think, these cement board walls are better for maintenance instead of the regular brick and plaster walls.

My building is 25+ years old and there's small pieces of plaster and cement falling from the ceiling. Even a small 4-5 cm size piece weighs a lot, is sharp and dents things that it falls upon. If it falls on some one, then hope that person is safe. Else you end up with hospital bills.

Maintaining these cement walls and ceilings require us to break all the loose cement etc leading to a lot of cement dust pollution. Not to mention the cost. Breaking one side leads to other parts falling off on some other side. This is just a huge headache imo.

Otoh, these cement boards are light and can be replaced / repaired faster than normal brick walls. They are already flat and almost ready to paint. The only thing they lack is the support for heavy wall hanging furniture etc.

What do you guys think?
I think for indian usage, brick and cement walls are better than these board walls. these board walls are less sound proof than cement and brick walls and we all have that neighbour aunty who fights with her husband whole day

Back