Budget 51-70k Convertible/2 in 1/touchscreen laptop under 70k for office use

D C

Adept
What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)
-Less than 70k

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
-Office use, emails, docs etc

What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)
-Thin and light, less than 2kg, not smaller than 13" screen

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)
-none

Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)
-A long battery life and a good screen are top priority. No gaming use, so no dedicated gpu necessary. SSD is a must, no hard disk.

Is a touchscreen really important to you? I feel like you could get something a lot better if that requirement is dropped. On the other hand, if its something you rely on primarily, a tablet with a keyboard might be more suitable.

Is a touchscreen really important to you? I feel like you could get something a lot better if that requirement is dropped. On the other hand, if its something you rely on primarily, a tablet with a keyboard might be more suitable.
Its for my elder cousin actually.
I also did advice against touchscreen as it limits options available. I did suggest an ipad with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but he is not in favour of iPadOS and the costs are almost equal to a laptop after a keyboard and mouse included.
Please do post your suggestions for non touchscreen options too. I will look into them as well and send it to him to consider. Thanks.

You don't actually need to spend anywhere close to your budget considering the modest requirements. Office use = probably want to look for something with a full keyboard and atleast a 15inch screen without getting too bulky. This is my recommendation:- https://amzn.to/2BN55sn
Add an extra 8GB of RAM and it will handle just about anything you throw at it for years to come.

To get similar performance from a touch variant, you'll end up spending atleast ~15k extra. Touch interface on many laptops is just added as a gimmick/afterthought with only a select few that offer something fit for primary use.

If you want something that's thinner, lighter and even more powerful:- https://amzn.to/3gjxPId Although I would still recommend the first option for the reasons mentioned above.

I will second LG gram, very light, decent keyboard, fantastic battery life and it is deceptively tough despite the apparent non rigid upper panel. My former lifestyle needed extensive travel and not many laptop could survive it. So all of us are issued with T thinkpads. But I kept on using the 2019 Gram, thrown around, stuffed in backpacks with steel toe boots, but it is still working great.
I am pretty sure other than few thinkpads and latitudes no other Windows laptop can withstand this kind of usage.
Nothing against Vivobooks, they are great VFM machines, but possibly won`t survive a week of medium abuse. I have seen the newer XPS, some fancy Huawei laptops just break or develop ghastly dents in similar usage scenario.

Back