Coolwinks glasses and frames

6pack

ex-Mod
Any one bought prescription glasses and frames from coolwinks.com?

I was browsing it (saw an ad on YouTube) and prices seem as good as local shops.

I had ordered a pair last year, the quality of their frames is really bad imo, it's better to opt for either local stores or lenskart.
The base frame I bought was listed at Rs.1500 and with their top of the line no-name lenses that they sell the final total was Rs.4166.

They had some promo going on with Amazon since they had just launched so I ended up paying only Rs.166 which was probably its actual worth. Can't really complain for a spare pair at that price but I would've been really pissed if I was charged Rs.4166 for the same.

If your are looking for quality specs, avoid coolwinks.
If you wish to purchase online, check lenskart.

I resd a lot of bad reviews of lenskart on the PlayStore. Some say they didn't get the specs even after weeks and customer care won't pick up phones etc

I had purchased specs for me couple of years back through lenskart. I had earlier been using crizal lens and oakley frame. The one purchased through lenskart for 8k was of inferior quality (both lens and frame). Once you have used good quality lens and frames you will not like the quality of lenskart. Their lens and frames are good but cannot be compared to crizal or any other high ended brands. I returned mine and got the full refund in a weeks time from lenskart and there was not problem in that.

I resd a lot of bad reviews of lenskart on the PlayStore. Some say they didn't get the specs even after weeks and customer care won't pick up phones etc

I purchased from lenskart about 4 years back.
I used the pair for about 3 years.
Recently the scenario might have changed. This is sad.

I had purchased specs for me couple of years back through lenskart. I had earlier been using crizal lens and oakley frame. The one purchased through lenskart for 8k was of inferior quality (both lens and frame). Once you have used good quality lens and frames you will not like the quality of lenskart. Their lens and frames are good but cannot be compared to crizal or any other high ended brands. I returned mine and got the full refund in a weeks time from lenskart and there was not problem in that.
did you buy crizal lens from lenskart or their own branded ones?

did you buy crizal lens from lenskart or their own branded ones?

No. Crizal is not marketed by Lenskart. They gave something named as British optics or something like that which I do not remember now. There was a constant glare in the lens even after wearing for more than a week.

No. Crizal is not marketed by Lenskart. They gave something named as British optics or something like that which I do not remember now. There was a constant glare in the lens even after wearing for more than a week.
british optics (or whatever its called) is owned by lenskart itself . dont be fooled by it :)

Im using lenskart since 4 years now and I just buy the frames and get genuine lens installed by local walla

british optics (or whatever its called) is owned by lenskart itself . dont be fooled by it :)

Im using lenskart since 4 years now and I just buy the frames and get genuine lens installed by local walla
Lol! seems this makes sense. Just get the frame and install genuine lenses from your trustworthy local shop. Will give this a shot.
But I hole while shopping for frames Lk guys must be pressing hard to buy their own lenses and also luring with some offers or discounts like buy 2 frames get 4 pair of lenses free etc.

And their frequent SMS are too irritating than those loans and credit card calls as if Lk is the only one on this global offering spectacle services.

Last edited:
Yes their frames are much better. They also have home service and if you avail that the guy who takes your order will give you more than 40% discount for the frames and lens together. I think actually their lens are of very inferior quality and should be around 20% of the value they are quoting in their website.

I bought 6 pairs of spects from coolwink when they had a ₹1600 instant paytm cashback promotional deal.

All the frames were of good quality and better than those less than ₹1000 frames which I have seen in shops.

The lens price was very high though even for normal plastic anti glare lens.

2 of the spects were not fitting so well emphasizing that its better to try before buying.

So, I would suggest you to go to a good optician's shops and buy the old way.

Just got a prescription lens sunglasses for approx Rs 670. Paid 2670 & there's a promised Rs 2000 back to the payment mode after 14 days of delivery (once the return window is over)

Pathetic quality of frame, so bad that I've already placed a return request. Unbelievable, I guess they are not even targeting any customer base and are just some fly by night operator else anyone else would have given at least 2 hoots about the quality of material that goes in but none given in this case.

10-12 days back I had placed an another order and cancelled it very shortly. Had to call them twice and only when I did call them the second time they said that they have some issue with payments made via Google pay so I need to share my account details with IFSC and then they will be refunding me. Surprised, I asked them if when we're they planning to convey it to me , the answer was, 'When you would have called or mailed regarding the refund'. For real, I'm not kidding. Anyway received my refund for that order a short while back and I hope the second refund gets processed. Fingers crossed :smirk:

Back