Cordless Landline Phone

I picked this model couple years ago. Several reasons.

- I wanted a DECT phone, this means it transmits at 1.9GHz instead of 2.4Ghz which is the norm for India Panasonic models. Why ? because the govt would not allow Panasonic to transmit at 1.9Ghz or maybe Panasonic did not bother to file an application. So all India branded Panasonics transmit at 2.4Ghz which interferes with Wi-fi. It interferes when both are transmitting at the same time. I don't know what the effects are but preferred to avoid this potential problem. This means imports only with no local warranty. Mine came from the gulf so has arabic numerals on the number pad also.

- Two handsets is better than one as that way at least one still has charge if the other one is dead. Also if one dies you still have another. Two handsets also means they can be used as intercom or walkie talkies so long as range is maintained with the base station. There are one handset models available for cheaper but keep in mind if you want to add more handsets in the future then you will not be able to add more. SO decide how many you want up front. You can add them but the special phone that works for the model won't be available with imports. Local might be different.

- Caller ID works with BSNL & Airtel. Keep in mind it only records the time of the incoming calls and not outgoing calls. Number of outgoing is recorded but not the time the call was placed. Would have been nice if there was a truecaller like lookup but i guess you cannot have everything.

- Range is quite good, when i was at a relatives place i walked out almost 100 ft out of the house and it still held the signal. Panasonics do well for range.

- Power adapter plug is two pin Euro so thinner than Indian standard and better to use a plug adapter for good contact.

- This model has a back lit number pad. Other cheaper ones do not which means cannot operate them in the dark. It also has a backlit display which other models might lack.

- it has a speakerphone feature which others do not have. No need to hold the phone up when navigating through automated menus. I think its even possible to program key presses in too but i have not done this as yet. It even has a baby monitor feature so if you want to eavesdrop on a conversation in another room this works.

- default AAA batteries provided are only 500 mah but these can be replaced with larger capacity rechargeable AAA's. I like how the battery is replaceable and not sealed in. I'd have preferred they be AA form factor as then talk & standby time is longer but i guess they wanted to save on handset weight.

- If power goes out then cordless will not work. Have to place cordless on the base station to operate it and here you will be using it in speakerphone mode only. Check if this feature is available otherwise phone is useless when power goes out unless you have an inverter. This is the one downside of cordless phones. A wired landline never has a problem with power cuts.

Model i got is out of stock now, but you get a basic idea of what features to look for. Took a while to figure out which model to go with as amazon had like 30 different models available when i was looking.

Last edited:
@blr_p So which one in wired landline phone from this link according to u would be good with a better ringtone and a caller id in a 450 sq ft hse. https://www.amazon.in/s?k=wired+landline+phone&i=electronics&crid=290M43E2N9YNV&sprefix=wired+lan,electronics,265&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_9
No clue about better ringtone. Caller ID check the comments as i don't have any of those handsets.

I was looking at wired phones and the one thing a lot of them are missing these days is batteries. Batteries in the phone retain your call log otherwise once you disconnect the phone say to move it elsewhere then everything is lost.

What does 450 sq ft have to do with a wired phone ?

Back