Budget 0-20k Core i3 2120 or AMD FX4100 based system

Bought all the parts Today. prices are similar to deltapage.
No DH67BLB3 in stock with My dealer so got ATX DH67CLB3. and It is OEM not boxed, imported by Redington. Got 2 sata cables,CD and Bracket - No Manual. 3 Year warranty.
Got 120mm Coolermaster Fan(vanilla) and since I read Intel HSF is bad, got a coolermaster HSF.
Since I don't have confirmation that 1600Mhz DDR-3 will work with this board, I bought Ripjaws 1333Mhz 4GB stick.

Intel Core i3 2120 boxed
Intel DH67CL ATX oem
G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB 1333Mhz
Coolermaster 120MM Fan(No Led)
Coolermaster Heat Sink Fan DP-6-9EDSA-OL-GP (for the time being)
APC BackUPS BR1100CI-IN

I will need help in Assembling this system as I am not sure about Cabinet front fittings.
ALPHA17: I have a Coolermaster Thermalfusion 400 bought in 2009 with Me and I have never opened it except for once. Can I use this paste? Is it still usable how to verify it is fine?
Also, Coolermaster HSF comes with TIM pre-applied. Is it enough.

Thanks to All especially ALPHA17 and JuGGa

Congrats on your purchase @cool_cat. It'd have been better if you had went at least for CM Hyper TX3 EVO HSF, still no issues.

You can have a look at several youtube videos to take help in assembling videos.

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components - YouTube
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches - YouTube

If you still have some doubt after watching those videos, you can ask here.

About thermal paste, I hardly believe they would be in working condition now. They need to be stored in a cool and dry place. It'd be better if you buy a new TIM. You can go for this CM TIM as there's no need to opt for a high end TIM.

Also, Coolermaster HSF comes with TIM pre-applied. Is it enough.

Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
JuGGa :Yes. I inquired about Hyper TX3 EVO. since I'm not OCing or gaming, I hope this basic fan will suffice for now.

Please Help with another doubt:
I have a old XFX 7300GT 256mb which is working perfect. Will You recommend this GFX card over Intel HD2000 onboard graphics with DH67CL board? Which is superior? this 7300GT does not have only heatsink with it no fan.
Thanks.

Yes it will be fine for now.

You can use the GPU for now. It will surpass HD2000. But 7300GT will be power hog If I'm not wrong. Still you can use it.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

And keep a track on temps of 7300GT.

@JuGGa : this board got only front and rear fan headers on board. so, if I want to fix a fan on bottom, will I need to buy a fan controller? Also, there is no USB3 header with this board. is it possible to fix cabinet's front usb3 connections.

Sorry @cool_cat, I can't help with you connections as its been ages since I assembled any PC so almost lost the touch. :(

7300GT is entry level.. wont be a power hog.
Same reason why passive cooling is enough for it.
The HD 2000 should be good enough.

Most people connect their fans to the PSU's molex connectors, instead of the mobo headers.

H67 boards dont have USB 3.0 as part of the chipset.
They use an additional USB 3.0 controller chip with only 2 ports max, so rear ports are all there is.
There aren't headers because there arent more ports.
You can use the USB 3.0 front ports with your USB 2.0 headers instead, obviously running at USB 2.0 speeds.

7300GT is entry level.. wont be a power hog.
Same reason why passive cooling is enough for it.
The HD 2000 should be good enough.

Most people connect their fans to the PSU's molex connectors, instead of the mobo headers.

H67 boards dont have USB 3.0 as part of the chipset.
They use an additional USB 3.0 controller chip with only 2 ports max, so rear ports are all there is.
There aren't headers because there arent more ports.
You can use the USB 3.0 front ports with your USB 2.0 headers instead, obviously running at USB 2.0 speeds.

Thanks for clearing. but, if I use 7300GT, will it help in processor performance? since I think it comes with integrated graphics.

Oh yes, I did not consider that.
Yes, using the 7300GT should free up the memory bandwidth being otherwise used by the IGP.

Back