Core i7 930 based desktop

^Dude get the 5770 instead of the 4890. Although the performance would be a notch lower for the 5770 (an overclocked 5770 should equal or beat a 4870 btw), the TDP is much lesser and has DX11 support so should help you in the long run assuming you may not do another upgrade anytime soon.

You can as well make do with a cheaper enclosure instead of the HAF922. See if you can find a CM590 or a Lancool PC-K56. Since you are from Mumbai, call up Phoenix and pick one up from his place - Linky!

Invest in at least 4gigs of RAM. You can utilise the money saved in the above 2 purchases for the additional pair of sticks. And do consider the Gigabyte variants over MSI or Asus.

I will try for Giga over other brands, but they are not available at Lamington.Tried at Jay Brothers, Lamington, and a few other shops.If there's a secret code that I'm supposed to say to get these boards, then I dont know.

I will listen to you and get the 5770, but I'm not a high end gamer, so I wont need the DX11 support anyways.I wanted a fast gfx card, so aimed for the 4890.If I get a good price, then things might change!!! :D

I just want a reliable setup at/below Rs. 50000

but your need your update the LCD wide-screen with TN panel

cause your crt is old ancient stuff and consumer more power that why u budget might fix from i5 with 22 or 24 lcd benq or samsung :) or i fu want TN panel then option for dell 22 ultra sharp for heavy animation

p.s even the ati 5770 can do photoshop very well faster than 4890

due to consumer less power ;)

Back