Corona virus in China

Corona is spreading all over the world. Let's fight this together. Be quarantined for some time, take proper precautions. Life is more important than anything.

An ideological battle is brewing

read his twitter thread and further comments

China’s message is clear: The regime there is saying to the world, without shame or apology, that brutal technocracy is the way to deal with existential threats, in this case a virus

Every day, I see Americans and citizens of Western democracies doubting themselves, losing faith in their own governments but also their own systems. They point to China, and they say, ‘look how they’ve so quickly contained the virus, if only we could do the same’

Is democracy a panacea? No. As with everything, there's a tradeoff and we might as well be frank about it. Brutal technocracies like China will do some things better than we do. But it will never be worth it. And we shouldn't have to apologize for that. It doesn't make us weaker

We are losing the ideological battle, and we can't wait until we beat the virus to fight it. Every day China is weaponizing the virus to sow doubt about democracy and portray itself as a global leader, even though it's directly to blame for the virus' spread in the first place

Definitely, its when govts take proactive measures like this that my confidence goes up.

They sense R0 is increasing. R0 should stay around 2. That means one infects two or cases double every week until it levels out.

R0 more than two means one infects more than two. So case load doubles in less than a week. It could double ever 2 days for instance.

That's when things become difficult.

This is an attempt to drag things out. A pre-emptive move to slow community spread. To delay entry into Stage 3. If we get there then stretch it out. Flatten the curve.

The idea is if we can drag this out long enough for others to recover there will be a surplus of ventilators available on the market for cheaper than now.

China, US, Germany, Japan, Spain Italy, France won't need them.

Last edited:
"Economist" Jeffrey Sachs gives the Chinese leadership a 15 min virtual blowjob (starts at 4:00).

He used to teach at Harvard. Is there anyone in Acedemia who is not compromised? Thank God Trump is the president. If this had happened during Bush or Barack's presidency, Bolsheviks would be running Washington today.

Last edited:
"Economist" Jeffrey Sachs gives the Chinese leadership a 15 min virtual blowjob (starts at 4:00).

He used to teach at Harvard. Is there anyone in Acedemia who is not compromised? Thank God Trump is the president. If this had happened during Bush or Barack's presidency, Bolsheviks would be running Washington today.
Which parts of what he said did you disagree with ? We gave this guy a Padma Bhushan in 2007

If thinking of it as the CCP way upsets you then think of it as the East Asia model because as he says this is controllable and countries from Thailand and on up to Japan are doing just that.

Its my opinion that the current USA administration is waging an economic war against china this new massive bill. imagine 21 trillion economy printing 6 more trillion dollars. That professor came in front of the camera with a bias against trump from beginning. Trust me Trump is the best thing that this world has against china. None of the so called democrats cant have an argument without calling trump names. I would like to see someone coming to a discussion without personal attacks against trump. Attack the policy not the person. The only sensible person other than Trump in US politics is Bernie but his values don't align with core values of America. The problem is that the media/google/etc... is biased against Trump that's why you see such negative news.

How careful you have to be navigating the american press

The American people are looking for answers and hope

Not sensationalism but this is what the opposition does every where.

Free country, free speech, yay :bored:

REPORTING as in being a REPORTER is an honourable profession.

That's what they used to be called because they REPORTED what happened and you made up your mind.

Not journalist or journalism which is only good for these attack pieces and more
Post automatically merged:

Its my opinion that the current USA administration is waging an economic war against china this new massive bill. imagine 21 trillion economy printing 6 more trillion dollars.
Explain ?

The argument as i see it is whether that money goes into the pocket of people who live from paycheck to the next. 60% of the US is like that

Or whether it goes to bail out corporate America. Now if the corporates can do something to help these people then great.

Otherwise there will be pain around the place and he will get it back in November.

Having said that the same applies to Modi. This lock down will hit the informal sector harder than notes ban.

People tend to remember these things.

The problem is that the media/google/etc... is biased against Trump that's why you see such negative news.
Trump is a pain to the establishment and those in his party that are part of the establishment.

He does not do what they want him to.

As i've said many times here if all these types can do is personal attacks they do not have any real ammo :)

Last edited:
Which parts of what he said did you disagree with ?

How about his starting monologue:

"It is doubly terrifying that we have a complete nitwit as president who understands nothing listens to nothing judges nothing except by stock market and is endangering the american people

Not only a virus to which the world population is immunologically naive, i.e one that can spread wide and everywhere ... but a president who is most incompetent in the history of our country, who not only has personal incompetence but is completely unable to bring together and listen to qualified people ..."

Or at 8:45

... but then with a greatly expanded health effort in place, which Trump in his idiocy disdained, the man knows nothing ....

I know these are only opinions. But he has been in the public eye for a while. He knows how to convey his political message without saying anything factually incorrect.

We gave this guy a Padma Bhushan in 2007

I know. I even bought his book.

If thinking of it as the CCP way upsets you then think of it as the East Asia model because as he says this is controllable and countries from Thailand and on up to Japan are doing just that.

I have no opinion on the models. I am only upset by public figures (esp those with some credibility, not the Kardashian clan) trying to muddy the waters. I would have been happy if he had brought his 'economics' skills to the table and spoken about the cost of each option.

Last edited:
How about his starting monologue:

"It is doubly terrifying that we have a complete nitwit as president who understands nothing listens to nothing judges nothing except by stock market and is endangering the american people

Not only a virus to which the world population is immunologically naive, i.e one that can spread wide and everywhere ... but a president who is most incompetent in the history of our country, who not only has personal incompetence but is completely unable to bring together and listen to qualified people ..."
He means the president should be more pro-active. Apparently what he is doing isn't enough. At this point social distancing is very important but the response is mixed. There is no sense of urgency about it in the US. NYC has got the point but elsewhere in that country people are still mixing around.

Or at 8:45

... but then with a greatly expanded health effort in place, which Trump in his idiocy disdained, the man knows nothing ....

I know these are only opinions. But he has been in the public eye for a while. He knows how to convey his political message without saying anything factually incorrect.
He is criticising the cuts in health care. People are saying that Fauci might be let go because the two don't get along.

A lot of what he says i hear so often from the American opposition that I just blank it out. If you think the Indian opposition is bad the American one is ten times worse.

What boo said about personal attacks is a constant refrain. Attack piece after the next. You hear this shit often enough you start to believe it.

CNN is at the forefront of this brigade. In fact every cable news channel in the US i would consider NDTV like. There's a good reason Trump refers to comcast as concast.

Fox ofc is an exception but even with them you have to selective.

PBS & NPR do a good job. I don't find too much invective with them.

It's an election year as well so there will be more noise than usual. The democrats have no viable candidates. Sleepy Joe isn't the answer. Cuomo may be.

So the only hope is to portray Trump as the incompetent in chief.

I have no opinion on the models. I am only upset by public figures (esp those with some credibility, not the Kardashian clan) trying to muddy the waters.

The East Asian one is a working model. The west has yet to come up with one.

I would have been happy if he had brought his 'economics' skills to the table and spoken about the cost of each option.
If you want to get the american take follow Bannon's war room pandemic. They even broadcast in SW.

He has this line, the people that know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

That is those that went out of their way to outsource production of drugs to the detriment of the country.

I find that line quite apt for people i see here and their buying habits. Cost cutting for no good reason at all when saving up and buying later gets you something better.

The answer from China is very simple. If you can find workers that work for the same rate then go ahead. Otherwise....this is all a load of hot air.

Last edited:
Some times the city council does come up with good ideas

Watching these cops in Malorca and thinking whether Indian cops could be like this ?

Yeah they could. This one in Bangalore at least :)

And then there is this guy

Last edited:
Now for April, if you see how the condition has drastically changed. The whole world is fighting against the COVID 19 and China reports are saying that they have managed the outspread of corona in their country. Even some companies have started their production again and reaching their 80-90% efficiency mark.

Doesn't it seems a bit fishy as the whole world was offering their help china a few weeks before and now they are fighting for their lives and china is on their way to improving their economical backbone. Hmm...

How a seven yr old beat the virus :)

A family of six traveled to Wuhan from Shenzhen between Dec 29, 2019 and Jan 4, 2020. Five were identified as infected with the novel coronavirus. Additionally, one family member, who did not travel to Wuhan, became infected with the virus after several days of contact with four of the family members. None of the family members had contacts with Wuhan markets or animals, although two had visited a Wuhan hospital. Five family members (aged 36–66 years) presented with fever, upper or lower respiratory tract symptoms, or diarrhoea, or a combination of these 3–6 days after exposure.

They went to a hospital in Shenzhen 6-10 days after onset of symptoms.

There were two children in the group. A 7 yr old and a 10 yr old. Both were told by their mother to wear the surgical mask on the trip. The 10 yr old didn't listen. The 7 yr old did.

She was the only one not to get infected. She was the only one to wear the mask for most of the trip.

This is just a surgical mask not an N95. She was in close contact with five other infected who then infected one more when they returned.

Still she did not get infected

Back