Corona virus

Thanks a ton!! That seems a legit report. However I have never seen COVID19 anywhere earlier. Our microbio lab is mentioning it as SARS CoV2.

What the hell this Corona has become a worldwide threat now. Countries are sitting at home. But see the outside world in televisions, no pollution, no stressful work burdens, and people are spending time with their families. Stay home everyone if you love your families and will fight corona together.

Anyone knows the status of Mylabs pathodetect kit? It was supposed to available from 26th March, but no report online for close to a week!!
ICMR confirmed it has very high sensitivity (lesser than 10 viral body count) and 100 percent specificity. There was a big hype around a woman who delivered the prototype while being in last trimester of pregnancy.
What happened to that kit?

Anyone knows the status of Mylabs pathodetect kit? It was supposed to available from 26th March, but no report online for close to a week!!
ICMR confirmed it has very high sensitivity (lesser than 10 viral body count) and 100 percent specificity. There was a big hype around a woman who delivered the prototype while being in last trimester of pregnancy.
What happened to that kit?
It takes time to scale it up, They may still be trying to iron out the supply chain for it in. packaging, plastics etc.

You cant say essential supplies will run and then not allow the packaging materials and others supply chain for packaged foods not running. But then again people in india dont listen to the government rules, nor follow physical distance. None of those online delvery guys follow the covid 19 steps that they boast in their website.

Even before this pandemic, I used to curse the people who spit on the road. I still see people spitting on the road.

The more i see how several countries are loosing the battle, I think china probably have several thousand dead, no way they have only around 3000.

Last edited:
Just crossed Le Perthus border (between France and Spain)
Noticed a very strange thing, not a single French policeman, this area is not new to me, usually pretty heavily guarded area (major drug trafficking zone according to our narcotics map)
People here talk in a very strange language, pronouns are french, pretty much everything else Castilian!!
We must reach Figures tonight, the dreaded Girona awaits.
The 9 member team at Girona is completely shattered psychologically, 3 of them are positive, one of them is in hospital for last 2-3 days.
Despite the devastation, some small businesses are still running in these areas. We are supposed to mop the area and take samples from EACH AND EVERY missed individual (similar to mopping up round of Polio, except here we won't be looking for cases, will be testing EVERYONE)
Yes, with my limited experience of what I've seen, China must be hiding a LOT of cases and fatality.
As more than 70 percent were L type, it's logical to think they must have lot more deaths ( based on what's going on in Italy/ Spain/ US, though I'm not sure what's more prevalent at present in these areas...no time to go through the serotypes...both are pretty close anyway and I'm no microbiologist)
However China did take a lot of extreme measures (which I cannot talk about here) which theoretically should stop the transmission chain. What China did to stop the virus is not practical in a civil society and should not be given any support, no matter how bad the situation is.
Yes, WHO do get huge support from China financially, but we the doctors here ( like every health organisation, there's a constant conflict between the doctors and administrators/ managers and we unequivocally hate these pesky MBAs etc. gradually infiltrating our otherwise wonderful organisation) never ever supported China's containment measures.
If those things come to public (I sincerely hope they do) even Pakistan would cut ties with China.
The most basic of medical oath tells us, we should never harm. There are plenty of untreatable ailments, diseases. We can NEVER cause more harm trying to treat them. Sadly modern medicine is doing it for years.
We all know this crisis will pass someday, but in the process of minimizing the damages we have to be extremely careful not to cause more damage ( India running for the 2nd place after China)

Sorry for the long winding post. I know most of you will never read it. I'm banned from Twitter and have no energy to create handle after handle. This small technology forum is still allowing me to speak freely and I am really thankful for it. May be tomorrow I will be tested positive and never have a chance to speak or see my family again. Take care my Indian brothers and stay safe.

A small foot soldier who gave his 100 percent.
PS, sorry for such a long ranty post.

Just crossed Le Perthus border (between France and Spain)
Noticed a very strange thing, not a single French policeman, this area is not new to me, usually pretty heavily guarded area (major drug trafficking zone according to our narcotics map)
People here talk in a very strange language, pronouns are french, pretty much everything else Castilian!!
We must reach Figures tonight, the dreaded Girona awaits.
The 9 member team at Girona is completely shattered psychologically, 3 of them are positive, one of them is in hospital for last 2-3 days.
Despite the devastation, some small businesses are still running in these areas. We are supposed to mop the area and take samples from EACH AND EVERY missed individual (similar to mopping up round of Polio, except here we won't be looking for cases, will be testing EVERYONE)
Yes, with my limited experience of what I've seen, China must be hiding a LOT of cases and fatality.
As more than 70 percent were L type, it's logical to think they must have lot more deaths ( based on what's going on in Italy/ Spain/ US, though I'm not sure what's more prevalent at present in these areas...no time to go through the serotypes...both are pretty close anyway and I'm no microbiologist)
However China did take a lot of extreme measures (which I cannot talk about here) which theoretically should stop the transmission chain. What China did to stop the virus is not practical in a civil society and should not be given any support, no matter how bad the situation is.
Yes, WHO do get huge support from China financially, but we the doctors here ( like every health organisation, there's a constant conflict between the doctors and administrators/ managers and we unequivocally hate these pesky MBAs etc. gradually infiltrating our otherwise wonderful organisation) never ever supported China's containment measures.
If those things come to public (I sincerely hope they do) even Pakistan would cut ties with China.
The most basic of medical oath tells us, we should never harm. There are plenty of untreatable ailments, diseases. We can NEVER cause more harm trying to treat them. Sadly modern medicine is doing it for years.
We all know this crisis will pass someday, but in the process of minimizing the damages we have to be extremely careful not to cause more damage ( India running for the 2nd place after China)

Sorry for the long winding post. I know most of you will never read it. I'm banned from Twitter and have no energy to create handle after handle. This small technology forum is still allowing me to speak freely and I am really thankful for it. May be tomorrow I will be tested positive and never have a chance to speak or see my family again. Take care my Indian brothers and stay safe.

A small foot soldier who gave his 100 percent.
PS, sorry for such a long ranty post.
Its pointless to tell you stay safe at this point. Best of luck and kudos to you man for doing what we netizens don't have the balls.

Is this real or what?? He is getting lots of views anyway.

As per this dude the mortality rate is 0.002%

1585761487484.png

The mortality right now is 19.26%. So draw your conclusions. YT views do not equate reality.

Oh God this dude is not a doctor but a PhD in Diabetes from the Alliance International University, Zambia.WTF is a PhD in Diabetes?

And people are listening to him??????

People who treat anything this quack is peddling deserve to die of brain shutdown alogn with those Jamaati morons from Delhi.

1585761834030.png

Last edited:
That guy is a fraud. He has no clue of what's going on. This bug will eventually have a pretty high mortality rate.
The amount of lung damage it causes in some patients is not typical of this group of virus.
Please avoid watching these videos.
There's a YouTube channel called medcram, that guy is doing some seriously good videos.
Post automatically merged:

Uptodate's summary is also very very accurate
Post automatically merged:

Its pointless to tell you stay safe at this point. Best of luck and kudos to you man for doing what we netizens don't have the balls.
Just doing my job mate. I get paid for it. There are many like me trapped in Italy for close to a month. Lot of Italian nurses and doctors have died and dying everyday. My ex, an Italian nurse is currently fighting for life. I feel so bad for not being able to visit her. Everyone in my team has someone infected or sick. Dominique's mother won't make it. He is working like a maniac to get his mind off personal life.

Last edited:
cosas horribles ... sin fin a la vista....me recuerda al horror del ébola...La muerte tiene un olor extraño. esta ciudad apesta con eso

Last edited:
Back