Corona virus

US seems to be in a ton of crap although they have been doing 200k tests a day.

This is why I hate this show. He "conveniently" omitted mentioning few things:
  1. Early imports of test kits did not pass FDA's quality control. this was clarified by Dr. Brix in the briefings. Btw, India still importing shitty test kits from china.
  2. The masks and PPE market was cornered by China. Seems china bought out about 2.2 Billion N92 masks before WHO declared it pandemic which was probably the entire global supply of masks. Honeywell and 3M literally had to start new factories in US mainland. DPA literally threatened 3M to ship masks from outside US because they were shipping them to other countries.
  3. The most worrying number is... if US with a population of 330M people needs 500K tests per day then how much would India need for a population of over a billion people.
  4. They literally started/switched factories to manufacture swabs in continental US.
  5. The China has monopoly on all medical kits for developing tests. They intentionally blocked publishing the DNA sequencing of the virus which would have helped the world developing the tests and vaccines.
  6. FDA's bureaucracy was revamped. for example even Indian companies (Aurobindo pharma, cipla, cadila) got FDA approvals for medicines that have been on waiting list for almost 10 years.
  7. Lets not even discuss the ventilator situation that was happening during all of this firefight. When federal govt sent ventilators to new york they were just sitting in a warehouse in new jersey.
  8. US dont need millions of tests per day. its all about choosing statistical sample to find the hotspots and trends. no need to tests everyone in the country. Also its not humanly possible. Also, even if they pass a law they cannot force people to take test thats how USA works. no matter what civil liberties cannot be trampled. people will start shooting if they did similar to what china did locking people inside their homes. Hell, government cant even force people to install a coronavirus tracking app like they are trying in India. People living outside USA have hard time grasping that.
  9. This guy is just a joker, take his "investigative journalism" with a grain of salt.

This is why I hate this show. He "conveniently" omitted mentioning few things:
  1. Early imports of test kits did not pass FDA's quality control. this was clarified by Dr. Brix in the briefings. Btw, India still importing shitty test kits from china.
  2. The masks and PPE market was cornered by China. Seems china bought out about 2.2 Billion N92 masks before WHO declared it pandemic which was probably the entire global supply of masks. Honeywell and 3M literally had to start new factories in US mainland. DPA literally threatened 3M to ship masks from outside US because they were shipping them to other countries.
  3. The most worrying number is... if US with a population of 330M people needs 500K tests per day then how much would India need for a population of over a billion people.
  4. They literally started/switched factories to manufacture swabs in continental US.
  5. The China has monopoly on all medical kits for developing tests. They intentionally blocked publishing the DNA sequencing of the virus which would have helped the world developing the tests and vaccines.
  6. FDA's bureaucracy was revamped. for example even Indian companies (Aurobindo pharma, cipla, cadila) got FDA approvals for medicines that have been on waiting list for almost 10 years.
  7. Lets not even discuss the ventilator situation that was happening during all of this firefight. When federal govt sent ventilators to new york they were just sitting in a warehouse in new jersey.
  8. US dont need millions of tests per day. its all about choosing statistical sample to find the hotspots and trends. no need to tests everyone in the country. Also its not humanly possible. Also, even if they pass a law they cannot force people to take test thats how USA works. no matter what civil liberties cannot be trampled. people will start shooting if they did similar to what china did locking people inside their homes. Hell, government cant even force people to install a coronavirus tracking app like they are trying in India. People living outside USA have hard time grasping that.
  9. This guy is just a joker, take his "investigative journalism" with a grain of salt.
Almost everythign you mentioned is based on hearsay. A lot of the rest is stuff he will probably mention in an episode dedicated to china. And when he does, he will far exceed your stupid unverified rants with excellent sources. You picking on the guy that china hates for rallying against them since half a decade, says more about you than him. This is classic bhakt/RW trick. Cause till china exists, you can complain about china with half truths, you need china for the propaganda to keep right wing alive. But the moment someone comes with real evidence, that will bring china down, 90% of you or talking points & propaganda is dead. So you dont want that and you hit against the guy with fake shit or half truths. Why dont you make and award winning show and start doing that? lol

This is the same technique BJP uses. Congress is this that, gandhis are this that, and what not in 2014. Its 2020 and All congress leaders are still enjoying. So either they were not bad or they are bad and you dont want justice, but just propaganda so you can hide your own bullshit and keep winning elections based on propaganda.

Whoa cool down man.booo is not really a hardcore right winger.

But I agree that Oliver is not really a joker. He is biased for sure but he doesn't try to explain away the day as night unlike Tucker Carlson.

Whoa cool down man.booo is not really a hardcore right winger.

But I agree that Oliver is not really a joker. He is biased for sure but he doesn't try to explain away the day as night unlike Tucker Carlson.
Tucker carlson says some truth which other fox news anchors or other main stream media don't especially at criticizing US foreign policy.

OFF topic.
Anyone still believe the deep state doesn't exist. the FBI,CIA, NSA are the ones who actually shape the US politics and policy. The length at which they went after Trump is all coming out, he wanted to friends with Russia, which these organizations are against with crooks like John Brennon and James comey bunch of liars with straight face.

Last edited:
OFF topic.
When one still believe the deep state doesn't exist. the FBI,CIA, NSA are the ones who actually shape the US politics and policy. The length at which they went after Trump is all coming out, he wanted to friends with Russia, which these organizations are against with crooks like John Brennon and James comey bunch of liars with straight face.
Rep. Jim Jordan regularly calls FBI out for the crap they pulled. more recently with Gen. Flynn
Post automatically merged:

These news started coming recently. Until few days ago they assumed that kids could handle coronavirus. :oops:

Last edited:

Yesterday an acquaintance died of Diabetes in Mumbai coz the hospital refused to admit a non corona virus case. People will die of other ailments than corona, because of corona, in this madness and nobody will take a count.

20200506_142303.jpg
20200506_142411.jpg

Got these from Amazon, made in India seems genuine at Rs 200 per mask, in case anyone looking for n95. This brand is also listed on CDC's website.

Last edited:
Even 3m, honeywell N95 masks price is only around 60 or less in normal times when bought in a box pack or 20 pieces. Venus used to be even less, no they are ripping everyone off.

Yeah man. I was gonna order when the price was 200. Within half an hour, the price jumped to 250, so I decided not to give in to these looters. I don't foresee any reason for me to own or wear a N95 mask in the near future. If I do, I'll fork out whatever money needed at that time.

Even 3m, honeywell N95 masks price is only around 60 or less in normal times when bought in a box pack or 20 pieces. Venus used to be even less, no they are ripping everyone off.
N95 masks are torture devices, avoid them if possible. I always prefer 3 layers of separate surgical masks ( total 9 layers, but still better than N95) and whatever science says, it's effective.
Can someone please explain me, what does it mean " Active cases growing faster, doubling rate falls.."

What's an active case? Someone tested positive for RT-PCR and symptomatic??
Active case is usually reserved for pulmonary Koch's... hepatitis etc, where there's a chance of chronicity.
ICMR has been kind enough to send a copy of health ministry's statement in English daily.
Though it is full of rubbish and false hopes, I keep a track of the statements for legal purposes in future.

Last edited:
NOT masks are torture devices, avoid them if possible. I always prefer 3 layers of separate surgical masks ( total 9 layers, but still better than NOT) and whatever science says, it's effective.
Can someone please explain me, what does it mean " Active cases growing faster, doubling rate falls.."
Active I believe positive cases are growing fast, while doubling of cases may have slowed down currently at around 13 days, so a double of 50000 cases will happen in the next 15 days, double of 100000 cases will happen may in the next 35 days and so on. By that rate we will have highest cases in the world by september.

BTW We are now testing at a rate what US was testing in early april or late march. Currently about 4th or 5th in the world in terms of daily tests. Russia is testing a lot, probably second only to USA. Have to see how Putin will react to china, once their toll/ cases grow much higher.

Yesterday an acquaintance died of Diabetes in Mumbai coz the hospital refused to admit a non corona virus case.
Even though it was an emergency? What was the diabetic complication?

Anyone from Goa or Ahmedabad? How does food distribution work in these strict lockdowns?

The lockdown was going swimmingly for me for the first month. But lately, I had a hard time dealing with the situation because of all the news I was consuming and the general uncertainty in the world. I now check the news only once in the morning and focus only on the things that lie in my circle of control.

Recently, I started to upskill myself with a Machine Learning course which will take 3 hours of effort for 6 months daily. Any such tips on how you are handling the lockdown especially after 50+ days would be greatly appreciated..

A friend of mine picked pace on his YouTube channel during the lock down and gives some food for thought on making your life better. I am tagging one of his videos in hope that it would provide some value to you.

HOW TO INCREASE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY USING VERY SIMPLE PRINCIPLES

^^ Words of wisdom indeed. A ****ing thread of RNA may kill us, but we shouldn't die thousand times daily by the gloomy television and newspapers.
I'm trying to master Ableton, teaching post grad students ( and some of them really changed my mindset by their optimism) , playing ping-pong, cleaning dog poop (4 giants) and having a lot of s£x!!

Back