Corona virus

That's not weird. It shows your happiness is not dependent on external things. A very good trait to have.
For last 2 days, I am not watching any news and only spending one hour with Corona ( ICMR plans), uninstalled WhatsApp ( the primary contact with people from India)
Things have improved considerably. Watching the kid play with the dogs is far more interesting than news channels.
Taking classes online is far better than WhatsApp chats.
My sleep pattern was completely messed up, yesterday my wife turned off all the routers @ 8pm and made a huge deal about staying up all night in front of computer. We went for a brief walk after dinner ( that was a daily thing pre Corona) and eventually slept like a baby after months.

@red dragon - I have been following your posts for quite some time in these threads. Big thanks for giving us such detailed information on Corona. I just wanted to know if you have any recent updates to share about the work that you have been doing with ICMR.

Can not share the exact details ( just planning for specific areas in Maharashtra and Gujarat atm) if you want to know anything specific about the virus or the epidemic, please ask, I will try my best to explain.

Sorry, I didn't understand your question properly.
It spreads primarily through droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes, or through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose (nasopharyngeal discharge)
It has not been found in urine, semen, vaginal discharge. Some claims have been made about possibility of traces of virus in human fecal matter ( but those are indirect samples from sewer water)
Blood borne transmission is possibly not documented yet. So no, it can't be transmitted by needles.
But no one is 100 percent sure of all modes of transmission.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not doing Mumbai city limits. Jennifer & Rob( From Vienna) are possibly involved with Mumbai and ? Thane. What exactly do you want to know?
I can get that info from her. I'm on Pune ( PMC, PCMC )

Please pardon my ignorance, I'm not being able to understand anything about Modi's enormous 20L crores package.
Are they including the free rations in it? How does a middle class person benefits from it ( other than MSME sector)?

Last edited:
A very bad news for Kolkata: Lots of nurses from Manipur are going back home from major corporate hospitals in Kolkata.
AFAIK, nurses from Kerala and Manipur are the backbone of the nursing services in Kolkata.
They are very hardworking, honest and extremely dedicated.
After the lockdown eases and public transportation starts gradually, these hospitals will be flooded with patients ( both covid and non covid)
And there in no solution to this.
You guys would laugh at my suggestion, but this may work.
Junior doctors, residents have to step in. As they work together with nurses for 8-12 hours shifts for months and usually develop a good bond of mutual respect ( which often gets personal)
These doctors can try to persuade individual nurse to stay back.
They won't listen to hospital admins ( the most useless bunch in corporate hospitals) as they have exploited these nurses for years.
This situation must be tackled at personal level.
It is a very serious issue and must be tackled swiftly but gently.
If Didi's government jumps in and takes punitive measures, the nurses from Kerala will also start leaving.
Most nurses from Bengal don't even come close to these people's dedication and work ethics.
They are ok for medical college hospitals, but CCUs in corporate hospitals can't work with a bunch of slow, lazy People.

Finally finished binge watching Tv shows pilied up over the last few years. Making do with cloth masks but hoping loot on the N95s ends so mango man can buy a set. :(

Finally slowly understanding the PM's 20 lakh crore relief package.
So far, it's NOTHING!! Basically the government is just giving loans (with very complicated terms and conditions, similar to EMI reliefs)
I really don't understand, how Indians are tolerating this lying POS!!
He claims to be a fakir but he's the head of the most wealthy political party in the world!!
This guy will rot in hell.
I'm sorry, some of my friends will be very upset with this post. But he deserves a lot worse. What a disgusting human!!
Any other civilized country where people don't drink and eat religion would have put him behind bars.

No more classification of zones in Kerala, total lockdown to be discontinued.

Number of people being infected by COVID-19 is spiking Kerala with the influx of expat Keralites returning to the state.

The state would do away with classification of districts into Red, Orange and Green zones. Instead, security at containment zones in the state would be tightened and more police personnel would be deployed at check posts to filter in those coming from other states.

So it's the Kerala model ( the most scientific and humane) came out winner.
Wondering where did the Bhilwara model go? It should be called the " crudest model" A model designed by a bunch of police, politicians and similar inexperienced "experts".
Wish I could find that post where I got hammered for criticising Bhilwara and praising Kerala model.
Only Kerala stuck to basics of epidemiology and came out winner so far.

^^ There are no winners in this mess but I appreciate Kerala's handling. There is talk of people returning getting infected in flights/trains.

True, but the model is obviously the best ( basically only model built upon logic and science)
Of course there will be new cases, but those will be influxes only and can be prevented to a good extent.
The zonal classification and still denying community transmission has become a joke among epidemiologists.

Kerala handled it successfully when things were in their control.

Don't know what will happen in Kerala in few weeks because since lock down is relaxed and migrants started traveling interstate, people returning from other states are evading quarantine and authorities. Unfortunate when even youngsters and students do it (30 out of 34 students from TN absconded). People along the borders desperate to reach their home infiltrating through porous interstate borders, product vendors importing food stuff intrastate, lot of concerns.

Seems till a proven medicine is discovered, world will have to learn to live with this pandemic, people should do self vigilance, sadly lot of lives will be at stake.

@red dragon: What's your view or opinion about this

If this is true, then most of the leading brands in the market who has the blood oxygen tracking will claim early symptoms tracker.

And if this is true, do you think this should be measure for all to detect the patients (imagine the situation of companies/offices opening once restrictions eases but under constant pressure if anyone gets detected with virus symptoms), also would you be able to explain in simple words - how blood oxygen levels will help

Sorry for asking too many questions

Kerala handled it successfully when things were in their control.

Don't know what will happen in Kerala in few weeks because since lock down is relaxed and migrants started traveling interstate, people returning from other states are evading quarantine and authorities. Unfortunate when even youngsters and students do it (30 out of 34 students from TN absconded). People along the borders desperate to reach their home infiltrating through porous interstate borders, product vendors importing food stuff intrastate, lot of concerns.

Seems till a proven medicine is discovered, world will have to learn to live with this pandemic, people should do self vigilance, sadly lot of lives will be at stake.
Nothing major will happen when you acknowledge the main problem ( community spread) and tackle it ( with good contact tracing and quarantine, along with treatment of the sick)
Now they have to just prevent influx. Some people will sneak in, but since they already have a transparent system in place, even a common man now knows how and where to report a suspected case.
This has been one of the biggest problem in rest of India, where most of the doctors are still not sure how and where to refer a suspected case.
Do you know whom to call and what to do if you see someone coughing beside you?
We all know to stay away, wear masks etc. But most of us don't know how to help that guy who is coughing and having fever.
If India could just implement a simple transparent plant during the first lockdown where every person would know whom to contact directly, it would have been a far less chaotic situation now.
But no point thinking about it now. Honesty, open mindedness and willingness are they pillars of every success story.
Let's all remember that and move forward.

@red dragon: What's your view or opinion about this

If this is true, then most of the leading brands in the market who has the blood oxygen tracking will claim early symptoms tracker.

And if this is true, do you think this should be measure for all to detect the patients (imagine the situation of companies/offices opening once restrictions eases but under constant pressure if anyone gets detected with virus symptoms), also would you be able to explain in simple words - how blood oxygen levels will help

Sorry for asking too many questions
I don't know how a device worn on wrists can detect capillary oxygen saturation with any accuracy.
It MAY help people with diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnoea (when sleep study is not possible), narcolepsy etc.
But NO, it can't / shouldn't be used even as the crudest screening test ( like thermal guns) for covid 19.
A portable pulse oximeter is possibly cheaper too.
But I have no clue about how these complicated sensors work. So I am not the right person to predict tech related things.
Laughed about Apple watch ECG features. But it has detected VT in few people (eventually saved few lives)
Strongly believe and hope someday AI etc.will play a significant role in diagnosis, and prognosis prediction.

Last edited:
CDC US as now added running nose to the list of corona symptoms, along with Nausea and diarrhea. So basically anyone who has a allergic reaction or cold related congestion, will also be worried and be mentally stressed that they may have the Chinese virus. Now more people will rush to get tests.

It is the original one. I`ve mentioned repeatedly earlier, we do not know the exact modes of transmission yes. It is not that easy mate, don`t be surprised if someone comes out with evidence of feco-oral transmission.

Back