Corona virus

can cardiac arrest be brought on by the virus? Relative is a pulmonologist at reputed hospital, got covid in august, recovered and suddenly had cardiac arrest yesterday and died. He was 52, no co morbities

can cardiac arrest be brought on by the virus? Relative is a pulmonologist at reputed hospital, got covid in august, recovered and suddenly had cardiac arrest yesterday and died. He was 52, no co morbities
Yes. It has been documented in various studies.

Blood clotting is serious side effects of Corona virus. Mostly clotting lead to cardiac arrest..

Blood clotting is serious side effects of Corona virus. Mostly clotting lead to cardiac arrest..
Yes. It has been documented in various studies.

ah thats sad. thats what his colleges also told us.
Post automatically merged:

I don't feel like thinking about COVID anymore.
me too man. but many people in my extended family including my jija got infected but all of them made it out, including the above doc. just when we are having a sigh of relief, this shit happens

ah thats sad. thats what his colleges also told us.

me too man. but many people in my extended family including my jija got infected but all of them made it out, including the above doc. just when we are having a sigh of relief, this shit happens
Which city state are you in?

The virus appears to be infecting various parts of the body like the brain and heart. Symptoms will manifest only later depending on the amount of damage. It's all very variable and frankly no one really understands it completely.
This is why people need to avoid getting the virus in the first place and continue to follow the social distancing and hygiene guidelines.
But as soon as the lockdowns are lifted, people and back to their old lifestyles and thinking a mask will protect them. Heck I've seen people standing in groups smoking on my street corner, obviously without masks.
Stupidity will probably kill more people than the virus.

My uncle(bua's husband) passed away last week due to Corona. Although he had sought of recovered from the virus, stupidity from the hospital(turning off the ventilators despite paying 40lakhs) cost him his life. The doctors were more than happy to have him removed when confronted with these malpractices. This lack of oxygen infected his lungs beyond cure.
It is not that the system was bad, but was made more worse thanks to politics. Able officers were transferred left right if their rules based approach made the govt look in poor light(Mr. Tukaram Mundhe) shunted from from rss heartland as he was trying to set records straight through transparency, accountability in that city.
Call this post a cynical or whatever you want but make no mistake, YOU ARE YOUR OWN DOCTOR. Follow the stated precautions and take care of your loved ones. Once infected, don't expect the state to lend a hand, especially when demands exceed the needs.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but once on a ventilator your chances are pretty bleak. The only really effective solution at that point is ECMO. Even the IL-6 inhibitors are really only effective before absolutely requiring ventilation. After that, it's like 10-20% chance of recovery.

We could somewhat try to understand the situation when we have a balanced mind, but when emotions are running high I doubt this would be the thing coming to our minds.
The sad part was when my uncle was in government hospital he saw 8/10 patients going to the ICU we not coming back alive. That's when he persisted to be shifted to a private hospital.
Nobody knows how corona will affect you, for some it could be mild, for others it could be severe. There are many factors--comorbidities, your immune system, timely care amongst others.

The sad part was when my uncle was in government hospital he saw 8/10 patients going to the ICU we not coming back alive. That's when he persisted to be shifted to a private hospital...
This statistic is about the same whether you are in a private or govt. hospital. Once put on a ventilator for Covid, your recovery chances are something like 14-20%.

If anything, a good govt. hospital is actually better than the average private hospital because all they're concerned with is making as much money off of you before you die.

Can someone actually state the actual HONEST covid expenditure for an average patient without requiring the rounds of ICU?
Pvt hospitals loot from 8lacs to 20 as I heard I news.
I also heard that self/home quarantine option was given as patients when admitted to pvt. hospitals were shocked on such bills and simply said they have no money or insurance and they were asked to leave.

Can someone actually state the actual HONEST covid expenditure for an average patient without requiring the rounds of ICU?
Pvt hospitals loot from 8lacs to 20 as I heard I news.
I also heard that self/home quarantine option was given as patients when admitted to pvt. hospitals were shocked on such bills and simply said they have no money or insurance and they were asked to leave.
Go to a regular experienced doc's clinic. If there are no co-morbidities then he will prescribe standard meds like antibiotics and Bloodthinners.

N95 masks, needed, proper certified ones. Where are they available, the genuine ones? Are the Venus ones sold on Flipkart genuine?
I would suggest you calling your local safety store which keep industrial safety equipment, I have been sourcing from Venus v44+ directly from that and quite happy

Do you have any big private (corporate) hospital nearby? ( Sorry, I do know you live close to Kolkata, but forgot where exactly)
Almost all pharmacies in hospitals are selling N95 masks ( according to my doctor friends in Kolkata)
If you cannot find any, use 2 surgical masks. If you're visiting crowded places, make sure to use a micropore tape to seal the gap over nasal bridge and upper maxillary areas.

My uncle(bua's husband) passed away last week due to Corona. Although he had sought of recovered from the virus, stupidity from the hospital(turning off the ventilators despite paying 40lakhs) cost him his life. The doctors were more than happy to have him removed when confronted with these malpractices. This lack of oxygen infected his lungs beyond cure.
40 lakhs!! In India from ethical and legal perspective, no doctor can remove a patient from mechanical ventilation.
Sue those bastards. They deserve to be in jail. I'm a doctor myself and these kind of things make me really angry.
Yes, not everyone can be saved from severe ARDS, but no matter what they did, can't cost that much of money. How many ECMO cycles did he go through? How many days on mechanical ventilation?

Last edited:
Back