Corona virus

^^ What exactly is going on!!?? Are the ventilators in India made of gold?
Hospitals are charging 10-15K on PPE everyday, however I have seen enough photographs of those PPEs, they should cost less than 5 EUR.
What exactly are they charging so much for? ECMO is possibly new in Indian healthcare system, but in Europe/ US it was not that uncommon. Cardiac surgeons/ intensivists were using it for years. Yes, it's a very expensive piece of equipment. Using it properly needs significant amount of training, and the operators should be well compensated ( as it requires very close monitoring) but how much should that be? How much are they charging for the venous tube placements?
Ventilators are very less in hospitals in my area.even some big private hospitals with 100 beds have only one ventilator and they charge hourly for that.if some patient remains on ventilator for 10 days he pays more then total value of ventilator.So yaa they are more expensive then gold.Doctors are god,hospitals are temples.God demands commission in everything.they have commission in medition they prescribe(most doctors have their own pharmacy)many doctors takes upto 80% commission from labs so manytime labs don't
even tests sample and throws in wash basin and prepares a false report.if they refers patient to another doctor they will get commission from that doctor for sending a patient to him.First thing doctors do when patient arrives they writes tests for everything whether
these tests are helpful in illness or not they want their money all they care for.One dr(god) wrote MRI test for alcohol addicted patient who came to hospital to get rid of alcohol habit.One hospital in Delhi admitted a person who was already dead and had death certificate
issued 6 hours before admission to hospital.They kept him on ventilator for two days then declared him dead.When they asked for bill person's relative gave them death certificate and there was media too.Dead person kins and media received heavy amount to keep their mouth shut.it was a trap from start planned by a media person.Now in the name of pandemic hospitals don't allow anyone inside they are doing what they want,how much they want no one to stop them.Saw a bill of corona positive patient exceeding 3.5 lakhs.his pharmacy bill was 600 rs rest was ppe kit,bed charge and doctors visiting fee.

I was never a part of those doctor- management mafia.
The most important part of these gangs are the doctors, without their direct involvement, these absurd bills can't be generated.
You know how much money a doctor makes on every MRI brain in India?
It's the doctors who decide how many ICU day stay is required, they decide when to wean off ventilation.
Plus there's no ethical committee in any hospital.
In any civilized country's ( in EU) hospital the doctor has to explain every single expensive antibiotics to the committee comprised of pharmacologists and microbiologists etc.
Each year few hundreds loose their licence to practice across Europe.
People have been to jail for shady deals with pharma companies.
We didn't get an extra penny for all the procedures we did in Spain over our ( generous) consultancy fees.
At least where I live/ work, doctors don't get themselves into shady practices. If you get caught doing something remotely illegal ( esp money related) you will not only loose your job, but your name will be on papers ( a friend of mind committed suicide after being exposed that they were traveling business class in Africa during one ebola pandemic)
I will be very clear about one thing, I make around 15-18L INR every month, it may sound a lot in India, but here, it's decent income, you can live very comfortably ( plus my wife also gets similar consultancy fees)
Now tell me how on earth an Indian doctor ( with only a MD/MS degree) can earn 10-12L per month? ( The usual salary is around 3L/ month plus some extras, now this extra thing has no definition. How on earth do you think a internal medicine guy can make 10L/ month unless you screw your patients??

Last edited:
I wouldn't discuss or reveal my income on a public forum, especially if it's on the higher side. Anything can happen these days...

Thanks for the warning mate. But my income is actually open record and though we get some tax benefits, but the taxable part of it is completely paid up.
Don't worry, it's not that high considering the living cost here.
I just mentioned it because I have worked in India till 2014 and it's practically impossible for a doctor to earn more than 6-8 lakhs per month honestly. unless you're seeing patients 24*7 everyday ( more than 300 patients a day!!)
The absolute highest salary You can get in corporate hospital is around 10 Lakhs ( if say you're an invasive neuro radiologist)
You will be amazed to know about how much a GP Czech doctor makes, 5-8K EUR a month. Even that much is more than enough to live comfortably in an expensive city like Vienna.
It's our unending greed that someday will destroy this profession.

Last edited:
This guy was a friend of mine, now openly practicing in India as Dr. Ranjan Ghosh!!
A convicted felon!!
There are hundreds like him...deported/ escaped from US/UK practicing in India.
Heck!! Even a MRCP certificate is considered speciality/ Superspeciality in India!!
@ all members, please visit your humble local MBBS GP rather than those MRCP idiots. They know nothing about their speciality, by all probability they couldn't even work @ NHS (the easiest health system to work in) Expose these incompetent POS physicians/ surgeons ( with only MRCS/ FRCS/MRCP)
India still has a world class medical education system (understood it after working in Europe only with degrees/ diplomas from India, I even did my PhD from India, the whole world knows about it) however not sure how long will it last, the way things are going.

Last edited:

Wow, Alaska to India...

...I even did my PhD...

So, do we call you DR. Dr. dr. ... :p

Three degrees is a lot of blood, sweat and tears man. Truly impressed.

Also humbled that you're actually contributing so much to help us common folk out.

Let's see... There are now conflicting reports on his medical health. White House medic staff say "All is well", others say next 48 hours critical..

^ Im calling it. he'll have mild symptoms, recover and call it a easy virus and democrats are making a big deal out of nothing

"its a easy virus. I had it. I beat it. Sleepy joe cant beat it" *trump hands*

Or he actually doesn't have it all, the guy's been travelling everywhere without a mask from NYC to Cali for the past 6 months and gets it now a month away from election, he probably faked it to avoid the second debate with that creep Joe Biden.
Even if he has it, didn't the CDC just put out a report with all the death stats that just prove that it was never that bad to begin with ?
If a 74 year old fart like him can recover in a week as it's being reported, it just proves that either he doesn't have it or the virus isn't that big a threat.

Is it advisable to board flights right now to attend a wedding? And will movie theatres start right from October 15 as per the new guidelines? Can we expect to watch Christopher Nolan's TENET?

Back