PC Peripherals Corsair cx430 dead or what ?

som1053

Disciple
1.Bought the new corsair CX430 from theitwares. did good for 2 min then never did so well after that,Whenver switch on the PSU, the SB_LED of the mobo turns on but still it refuses to boot i.e. no CPU/PSU fan movement:( . Is it dead or what , as i tested my system with my old intex 450 watt psu and the system was fine.

2.How good is itwares regarding handling RMA as i may have to ship it to him ?

lets see, ordered on wednesday (16th )>>> recieved on monday(21st) >>>> assembled to the system on saturday nite (26th

) >>>> 2 min on ,then nothing

Thats the problem dear i stay at bhubaneswar and the shop is at mumbai ( itwares ). thats why there were 2 question first regarding problem & repair (cheap ) second one RMA & courier (costly ).

First of all perform a paper clip test on your PSU to get confirm that the problem lies with PSU only. Paperclip test is all about shorting two pins of the ATX-Power connector connected to green and black wire respectively.

attachment.php

If your PSU powers up after shorting, You can be assured that 99% chance is that your PSU is working fine and may be some thing else is culprit. A paper clip is needed to short the pins thats why it's called "Paper Clip test" It's very easy to perform and safe to do at home. Know more about Paper Clip test from the following pdf document.

HOW TO DO THE POWER SUPPLY PAPER CLIP TEST

Code:
http://dodji.seketeli.com/downloads/shuttle-psu-paper-clip-test.pdf

[attachment=7681:13808.attach]

Attachments

• att.gif
    att.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 128
Back