Corsair Voyager 16GB GT @ 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

200mph

Skilled
This is not a go from my side.

this is just to inform all members that the Corsair voyager 16gb gt is there for 2k now.

Any idea about pricing of the 8GB GT? I'm interested in this one because of the SLC memory used instead of the MLC memory used in the 16GB ones.

a particular PM that i came across, will also make all know why newer go rules came in.

so i realize its better not to have go's, just inform and the dealers will get in the prices out here.

""

Dear Admins & Mods of TE,

Please take a look at these two threads..

http://www.techenclave.com/dealer-s-paradise/go-verbatim-taiyo-yuden-blank-dvds-104200.html

http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deal...bucks-shipped-verbatim-dual-layer-120199.html

There are TE members competing directly with the same products that dealers are selling on TE. Its not fair that the dealers have to pay Rs. 1,500 monthly to sell the same products on TE whereas other dealers can sell the same products on TE through members for FREE. Either stop such member GO's from being Organized or else collect the same dealer fees from the dealer that the member is buying the products from. Its alrite with me if the member wants to conduct the GO on behalf of the dealer but then to keep the competition fair the dealer fees still need to be collected from that dealer too. Else, all dealers will start misusing this loophole and start selling through other members instead of registering themselves and paying the monthly fee.

I am also OK with members starting GO's for products that are not sold by any dealers...but not when the exact same products are sold by dealers for equivalent prices.

I request you to kindly look into the matter at your earliest.""

Rule #2: If there is an existing product by a dealer at a similar price then please do not start a GO for it. Make sure you get significantly better price before starting a GO.

I think your price is much better than the existing one... for u to start a GO (I guess this is another loophole??)

^^ I think the term GO = Group Order should be blamed here.... Lets face it there is no exclusivity in the prices for TE members even if a Group Order is placed by the dealer for each deal... Everyone has to pay what a product is available for....

Since dealers are paying a fee the exclusive price for a limited few is gone....

i read that PM long back but had faith that go's wont be banned. in a way they were, so i realize its no more the same place , and there is no point having in go's just informing the people out here should be good enough. if that also becomes a spoiler in the future for the dealer i would stop doing that as well.

as for those links posted the price diff is around of 5% still its called Similar am baffled

I just read the discussion of the new rules. I see that the discussion is quite healthy and people are trying to find a solution to this. However, restricting a member to a single GO does not seem very logical to me and inconveniences other members. And in this industry, stuff gets outdated fast. Who can wait for one GO to close and open another one?

At the same time, I understand the dealers' predicament wherein he is paying fees to TE and needs to recover costs by marginally increasing his price. Also, the dealer assumes greater responsibility for product warranties and replacements.

IMO, rules might not be the best way to go here. A discussion among GO starter, concerned dealer and moderator might be a better approach to resolve the issue. If required, member opinions can be taken. The ultimate goal is the benefit of TE members and a reasonable agreement between GO starter and dealer.

Let's not forget, there is the larger picture of TE being a very good indian tech portal. So, we need the dealers and GOs also for TE to remain multi faceted.

And yes...dealers should really STOP naming their threads as GOs. IMO, this is more to mislead members.

200mph said:
i read that PM long back but had faith that go's wont be banned. in a way they were, so i realize its no more the same place , and there is no point having in go's just informing the people out here should be good enough. if that also becomes a spoiler in the future for the dealer i would stop doing that as well.

as for those links posted the price diff is around of 5% still its called Similar am baffled

Imho you are over reacting. No offence but this particular post came across as childish. Those are guidelines that have been posted and even right they are being discussed, debated. It's an open discussion with full transparency. I know quite a few forums where the mods rule with an iron hand and their authority is unquestioned. But such an atmosphere creates resentment and hate and i believe there is no place for that on TE. Rest assured this is still the same place and please continue with your GOs for the time being until guidelines are posted. And lastly please remember these steps weren't related to one person/one situation, they were a culmination of feedback from dealers/members and our personal observation over time.

Anuj you are good to make a GO I guess. I dont see why mods (or even Phoenix) will complain in that :p. Just start a thread and you can see it yourself . If you also were selling for 2.4k that would have been different. But now @ 2k..this is a slick deal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back