Courier Rate Reference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

Skilled
MODS PLEASE MAKE IT STICKY!

Hi guys I have created this thread just to help all the sellers & buyers to get an idea of the shipping charges across various companies & states (if any).

How we can help?

After making a successful deal or enquiring about the courier charges please post them in this thread in the following manner.

From
: <Your Place/city>
To: <Destination>
Item : <Type of product> (electronic/ non electrionic/ or you can give its name or describe it )
Weight : <in kg>
Rate : <Rs>
Courier company : <company name>

Recently I made some deals & I had considered 180-220 Rs max for the shipping charges.Earlier also I had dealt with electronic items but I was unaware of the current ongoing charges. Now to ship an almost 500g electroic Item DTDC is charging 280 Rs min. I even requested him to consider it as a non electronic item & ship it under Rs 120 but he rejected the idea.

After doing some research I found that I was not alone. :D https://www.techenclave.com/communi...you-use-for-shipping-electronic-goods.166083/

Thus I don't know why nobody made a thread on this before. If its not allowed then please delete this thread.

Please Note that DTDC rates for any electronic item is min Rs 280 in mumbai. As told to me by that representative.
Therefore to get a clear picture & to price your product properly this thread may help you & save you in future from falling into a situation like this.

Please keep posting the courier rates here.

Last edited:
Good idea.
I came across this today. They do pickup and packing for you, might come in handy at times.

https://www.ekartcourier.com/ourRates
Pincode not serviceable. I think it does not cover all areas.
i sent RAM DIMMS via DTDC 280gms from Mumbai to Satara a little outside Pune costed me 110/-INR
Wow! However obviously weight & distance are less but thats good. What did you told them when they asked you whats inside? If possible can you please let me know how much they will charge for 500-600 gm package?

Also guys if I declare in post office the item to be non electronic then will it be shipped? They says it gets scanned & if detected electronic it wont be shipped.

Last edited:
I would always trust electonic items over speedpost. Recently, I sold my AMD build. I had asked every buyer if they are ok with Speedpost. For me speedpost does the job. It costed me about 180 bucks to ship Motherboard RAM sticks and Proccy to Rajasthan.[DOUBLEPOST=1481004419][/DOUBLEPOST]These are the rates for Speedpost
https://www.indiapost.gov.in/mbe/pages/content/speed-post.aspx
Yes, Speed post is cost effective and their services at most of the time is at par with any other private couriers but only problem, if the product is lost then it is really lost and you need to run from pillar to post to find out what happened. I also shipped a RAM to a north indian town and it never reached the consignee. After several follow-ups at the post office they simply told that it has been lost and also they were not aware of any insurance claim.

Yes, Speed post is cost effective and their services at most of the time is at par with any other private couriers but only problem, if the product is lost then it is really lost and you need to run from pillar to post to find out what happened. I also shipped a RAM to a north indian town and it never reached the consignee. After several follow-ups at the post office they simply told that it has been lost and also they were not aware of any insurance claim.
Also, I have had similar experiences with DTDC. Once I had shipped my Nexus 5 to one of my friend in Chennai. I had declared the value as Rs.8000 and had not insured. It was lost and my nexus 5 went down the drain. That way, I would prefer the Speedpost. I will never ever turn back to DTDC ever in my life.

But speed post does not work in all cities I think the speedpost guy told me electronic item they dont ship.

^ Gone are those days my friend. Most of the electronic items from e-commerce websites are shipped through Speedpost nowadays.

^ Gone are those days my friend. Most of the electronic items from e-commerce websites are shipped through Speedpost nowadays.
SpeedPost has contract with such eCommerce websites. It does not mean that normal people will be able to ship electronics via speed post.

Please read the post i talked with the person 2 days back. He said they don't speed post electronic items, it gets scanned. Thats why I asked if I declare it as non electronic then is it possible to ship?

Please read the post i talked with the person 2 days back. He said they don't speed post electronic items, it gets scanned. Thats why I asked if I declare it as non electronic then is it possible to ship?
Now is this a DTDC franchise or their main office?. You might want to check with the main office instead. Franchise do charge a lot. I get better prices from corporate rather than franchise if its regular orders

Now is this a DTDC franchise or their main office?. You might want to check with the main office instead. Franchise do charge a lot. I get better prices from corporate rather than franchise if its regular orders
I actually meant the post office services.Not private speed post services.

To: Trivandrum
Item : Fender Guitar Amp/Speaker
Weight : 12+ Kg
Rate : 200 (for up to 20Kg)
Courier company : Parveen logistics

Have used parveen for shipping my household stuff, and they are very good for large/heavy items, but their reach is a bit limited
also, you need to drop off the items at one of their depos & arrange for pick up from the destination depot though they do help with arranging a lorry for shipping to your house for a reasonable fee (but again makes sense only for bulk items!)
Had tried to carry the item with me, but bus guys rejected it saying sales tax folks create headaches

No, not all branches do it.

SpeedPost has contract with such eCommerce websites. It does not mean that normal people will be able to ship electronics via speed post.
^this. Some branches of DTDC/BlueDart don't accept electronics. You need to lie to get the orders through if you want to ship them anyway.
DTDC in Koramangala doesn't even accept memory cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back