Budget 31-40k CPU GPU and Motherboard

Altair

Skilled
What is your existing hardware configuration and I plan to Keep:
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster B2330 23" LCD and LG Cinema 3D 42"
PSU - Corsair VX550

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Not Sure.
My Location : Chandigarh

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Will prefer second hand as I'd rather buy better components at lower price. Plus I don't care much about the warranty either.

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
GTA V
Assassins Creed Series
Arkham Knight
Witcher 3

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1080p

Are you looking to overclock?
No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 8

Been out of the tech world for the past 2 years, due to college. Need to complete my Backlogs and play the upcoming sequels.
Please suggest me a descent GPU, CPU and a Motherboard under the budget. :)

gtx 960 + core i5 based sytem should be possible (might be 2-4k over your budget)
new cards are expected in a week so the second hand market might get some gpu's listed on them by people upgrading.

olx/quikr can be considered.
avoid aliexpress and similar chinese sites as they are flooded with geforce 8800's that have a fancy heatsink and their bios' flashed to make them look like modern cards (770, 780ti, 970, 980, 290x etc.). basically all the 'too good to be true' listings on that site are all fake.
the 980 ti and radeon's new flagship are around the corner so there's a good chance you'll get people moving from the 970 to the newer flagships. problem with this is that there's no guarantee of this happening and you might have to wait a few months for people to make the switch.
do you have any friends coming in from abroad? lots of second hand cards available there (ebay, craigslist etc.).
p.s. in my experience if you are buying a used gpu then make sure there is a year of warranty left (or min. 6 months) or you could end up without a gpu and a lot of money.

Back