Budget 0-20k CPU+Mobo+RAM for Basic PC

Most dealers/vendors would help you to update BIOS once you buy the board.
So finally bought.
2200G, Asrock A320M and 3000MHz 8GB RAM but unfortunately showing no display. Mobo manufactured on Feb 2019. Seller said no bios update required. I'm stuck now.

Last edited:
No HDMI.
Only have DVI.
I thought BIOS 4.0 support 2200G.
Don't know what's wrong.
That's why I hate this AMD.
Never faced similar problems with intel.[DOUBLEPOST=1557150794][/DOUBLEPOST]Only APU Fan is spinning.
No sound or display.
No signal.[DOUBLEPOST=1557151181][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess I'm in deep trouble.
Choosing AMD was my biggest mistake.
Tried with old video card but no display.
Even tried with old other monitor (VGA) still no display. Damn! Guess I'm cos of AMD.

Last edited by a moderator:
mdcomputers should have told me when I was buying. Now I have carry all the assembled items to mechanic. And when I got Free time. I live far away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought BIOS 4.0 support 2200G.
You would need BIOS v4.40 as suggest above. However, I wonder if board has other issues because, 4.40 BIOS for this board has been released on 8th January 2018. (source) Whereas manufacturing date you mentioned is Feb 2019. Hence in an ideal world, this update should have been present on your mobo already if Asrock has decent process.

Some people here was against Ryzen 3 2200G but I do not understand why, your Radeon is quite old anyway and will not get any drivers however it seems support Vulkan unlike of mine, and it's power is somewhat like that 2200G anyway, I mean built in APU, but way newer for the last;)

You would need BIOS v4.40 as suggest above. However, I wonder if board has other issues because, 4.40 BIOS for this board has been released on 8th January 2018. (source) Whereas manufacturing date you mentioned is Feb 2019. Hence in an ideal world, this update should have been present on your mobo already if Asrock has decent process.
Ver 4.0 wrirrwr on Mobo Box.
A faulty Hardware is Worse that old BIOS anytime.

Short Term Processor Loan Boot Kit
AMD will offer affected and qualified users (as described below) a AMD AM4 A-series processor including thermal solution for short term use ("boot kit") to perform the BIOS update on their motherboard.

This short-term processor loan or boot kit is offered through AMD warranty services and is available only for qualified users that have made a valid purchase of a 2nd Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and are affected by this specific boot up issue.

This service is free of charge with the following condition:

Once you have submitted your claim for a processor loan boot kit, AMD will require pictures of your 2nd Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and AMD Socket AM4 300-series motherboard, that clearly shows the model numbers and unique serial numbers as well as a copy of the purchase invoice(s) to authorize the request. Additionally, a summary or copy of communication with the motherboard manufacturer is requested to indicate why support from the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) is not suitable.

Once the RMA request is approved, the AMD AM4 A-series processor will be sent with pre-paid return shipping. The processor is provided as a temporary loan to you for the sole purpose of updating the BIOS and must be returned within 10 business days of receipt. It is not necessary to return the provided thermal solution.

To obtain the boot kit, please carefully follow these instructions:

1. Go to the AMD online warranty claims page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form
  2. Fill in your full contact and product details (2nd Gen Ryzen Processor OPN number and serial number)
  3. In the Problem Description field enter "Boot kit Required" (without quotes)
NOTE: The product must be a valid AMD processor with authentic OPN and serial number.

Once the claim is received and approved, confirmation details and boot kit instructions will be provided in a follow up email.[DOUBLEPOST=1557663601][/DOUBLEPOST]
Fcking AMD.
Got reply.
Told me to contact local technician or Mobo manufacturer.

who / where did you contact. kindly try above steps. if doesnt happen, give me your #, i will speak to AMD and see what can be done[DOUBLEPOST=1557665351][/DOUBLEPOST]also i read some reviews on amazon, another buyer had same issues, seems CMOS batt was bad. try to change that too

Last edited:
Back