CPU/Mobo cpu temperature is high

babloos

Disciple
hi guys,

again iam having issue,after so many problems my rig started intially no display after changing rams it works, this same rams use to work with my pervious corei5 760,now heat issue after my rig started displaying first went into bios,here my temp went on increasing to 96, had to reinsert my heat sink with some normal cooler master thermal paste,temp dropped down to 66-68, then installed os ,using hw monitor and speecy my temperature here shows 48-50 and gpu temp 50-53 gpuz,hw,then I shifted pc to another room with air conditioner cpu temp went down to 43-46gpu 47-48,is it do to psu?? my psu fan is facing downside,or another problem I think of his my cpu heatsink or thermal paste had to change few times it went dry cleaned it,also my room is lttle bit hot no proper ventilation, please help me guys this sandy bridge has been most shitest upgrade of all

my config

asusp8p67pro

corsair tx650w

what bios version are you on ? update to 1204 or 1502 atleast :)

Also the temp that you are seeing in bios is not really true.( i have a feeling its the temp of just 1 core.

Start up real temp 3.6 beta and tell us what temps are you seeing ?

cheers and kid regards

iam on 1305,

running pc for more then one hour on air conditioner,

cpu 43-44

gpu 46-47

once shit the cpu will go back to 49-55 on idle,gpu53-55

babloos said:
cpu 43-44

gpu 46-47

Don't know what that means, but those temperatures seem pretty fine to me.

Did you update your BIOS yet? Bookmark this link from [H] - Official ASUS BIOS and Program Updates. Will help you in the future if any BIOS updates turn up!

PS: Where did you source the revised B3 board from? None of the dealers here seem to stock them.

How is the airflow within the system, how many fans do you have and is they are placed correctly?
Better put one intake fan in the front and one exhaust at the rear

babloos said:
iam on 1305,

running pc for more then one hour on air conditioner,

cpu 43-44

gpu 46-47

I think those temperatures are just fine. Also I could not really understand what you trying to say here.

Do one thing:

Post a screen shot of RealTEMP. Do the sensor test with max number of worker thread your core permits.

sorry guys

was typing from phone yesterday swype problem :p i mean shift it to my room,where no ac

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

when pc is in my room,with no A/C

On idle

Gannu said:
PS: Where did you source the revised B3 board from? None of the dealers here seem to stock them.
New Arrivals

click it bro

getfile.php

The CPU temps are probably a tad on the higher side, but by no means alarming. As for the GPU temps, they are pretty good I would say, my 4870 idles at 60c goes upto 80c on load with fan speed at 55% (Bulletstorm!!)

So dont worry about the temps, go ahead and enjoy your new rig, play crysis 2 in its full glory!

will there be drop in temp from changing my cabby from cm690ii advance to HAF 932/X :p

also will get air cooler hyper 212 plus or noctua SE 12 SP

Hades. said:
Yeah do buy an aftermarket cooler...coz Intel stock HSF just sucks... :)
dude sucks aint right word,it's much worse then that.on other hand saw my friends 955 be cooler i was like omg

they shouldn't even include this garbage instead reduce few bucks on it

^I wouldn't mind the same. i.e. an option of not bundling the stock heatsink with the processor. Most of the times, it ends up that the user would end up slapping an aftermarket heatsink or a WC setup on the processor. :p

My 2600K at stock on a Noctua nh-12 only got up to 40 degress on 100 % full load ( Crunching on WCG )

Ambient temps -23-24 with a/c :)

That 2500K should run a little cooler than that :)

Get a aftermarket cooler pronto !!

cheers and kind regards

Also check what voltage its running at, maybe for some reason the mobo is giving the cpu more vcore than it needs so check that value , post a screen shot of cpuid.

Back