OC & Modding CPU Temperatures - Case Fan or a CPU cooler Fan?

aKp1

Disciple
Hey Grey Matters!

I am on a budget rig! with a G3258 @ 4.0GHz
Previously I had an open cabinet! Recently due to dust and other problems, I shifted the setup to a Circle CT 821 Cabinet! The Cabinet is good with 2 front 120mm fans and a rear! There is space for 2 more on the top! But right now it's empty!

3g6XS5Q.jpg

P.S - In no way I could manage the cables!

Previously on the open rig, the temps of the Pentium never went more than 65degrees!
But recently if ever the core reaches 100%, there is this sudden bump of temperature to around 70 degrees!

I know I have to reduce the voltages! That I'll be doing for sure!

NhWBO0T.jpg

5wMO6n6.jpg

My questions is now, whether I've to add those two additional Case fans at the top to bring down the temperatures because as you can see in the pic, it is directly above the CPU!

Or else I opt for a CPU cooler fan?

The stock does a good job though! It generally keeps the temperature below 60 degrees even when gaming or on medium loads!
But these sudden bumps are making me uneasy!

The rig is year old!
It's
CM Thunder 450W PSU
Gigabyte GA B85M-DS3H-A
Asus Strix GTX960
Hynix 4gbx1 DDR3

When did you last reapply TIM ? Also which one ?

Your fan set up should be in from front and exhaust from rear. Please confirm current arrangement.

@vyral_143
I last applied 8 months back! Previously it was the paste that came with the CPU! Then I applied a local thermal compound I got from a local store! Terabyte something!

Yes in from the front and exhaust from rear!
The rear exhaust fan is pretty close to the CPU fan!

Stop using ! at the end of each sentence, its irritating.
Try the most basic step first. remove the CPU heat sink, clean the old Thermal paste, reapply new one and reseat the heatsink

I last applied 8 months back! Previously it was the paste that came with the CPU! Then I applied a local thermal compound I got from a local store! Terabyte something!

Get a good one; like Arctic Silver 5. Apply one dot at centre and let it spread later.

Stop using ! at the end of each sentence, its irritating.
Try the most basic step first. remove the CPU heat sink, clean the old Thermal paste, reapply new one and reseat the heatsink
Sorry for that. It has become a habit
I'll try to reapply the paste.
Do you think I have to get some better TIM?[DOUBLEPOST=1472536166][/DOUBLEPOST]
Get a good one; like Arctic Silver 5. Apply one dot at centre and let it spread later.
I'll try this then
Thanx for the suggestion.
No other change to be done, right?

Sorry for that. It has become a habit
I'll try to reapply the paste.
Do you think I have to get some better TIM?[DOUBLEPOST=1472536166][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll try this then
Thanx for the suggestion.
No other change to be done, right?
No harm in applying the default one that you have. The temp difference between arctic silver 5 and you default one should not be more than 5 Deg. Anyway try the default one first, see if it makes a difference and reseat the heatsink, also clean the heatsink of any dust that might be stuck between the fins

Back