Video Cracked LCD Panel - New TV only solution?!

bond_bhai

Disciple
Hey guys, i have had this Samsung LCD TV (40') for about 4 years now. Recently, one of my "relatives" visited our place and their "nice" kid threw an object causing the LCD panel to crack. I had called up the service center guy who visited us (charged 200Rs for inspection) and told us the TV is screwed. Replacing the panel will take 25k upwards and advised us to buy a new TV itself! Do i have any other options (Cheap panel etc) or do i start researching on buying a new LED TV (while going bankrupt)?!

Any help/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks
BB

Going to tell you something you already know, a new TV is the only way out. Your relatives should pay for it since it's their kids fault (wishful thinking).

Ah well.. just remembered some hyper active kids are visiting my home next week. I think I may need to do a goal keeper job. Well, coming back to your TV, there are cheaper panels that you can get in the market but certainly they would not be like the original and atleast it would cost between 12K to 15K. Go for exchange, atleast you would get something out of that TV.

Going to tell you something you already know, a new TV is the only way out. Your relatives should pay for it since it's their kids fault (wishful thinking).

Thanks, thats what i was afraid of :( And, well, i am pretty sure we will not get them to pay. If we do ask, it will be remembered for generations to come (not in a nice way!).

Ah well.. just remembered some hyper active kids are visiting my home next week. I think I may need to do a goal keeper job. Well, coming back to your TV, there are cheaper panels that you can get in the market but certainly they would not be like the original and atleast it would cost between 12K to 15K. Go for exchange, atleast you would get something out of that TV.

Thanks! Do they exchange screwed up TVs as well? I did not know that.

That TV is done, buying a new one makes more sense. you can sell the old tv for spare parts etc to repair guys.
Nobody will take broken TV for exchange, it is written everywhere that TV should be in working condition for exchange offer.

I got my 32inch bravia E-series panel replaced in 11k last year and it was a genuine replacement done from an individual repairman, so this 40 incher is not gonna cost lesser then 15k i hope.

Back