Cracking Guides,Tuts,Resources!!!

dipen01

Skilled
Hey

Well i am not sure if this is legal or not as per as forum Rules, But i am asking it in educational sense..:D

I have to do a Presentation on any topic at my college as per as curicullum..With suggestions from forum members i selected Bittorrent Protocol as my topic but its been rejected as it was taken by sm student last year...

So the new topic i gave was Software Cracking : An Overview

I need help regardin the information,methods,procedures and how to collect info regarding this topic...:huh:

So i was wonderin if anyone might help..!! with any links on GUIDES,METHODS or anything.. Its just Reverse Engineerin Approach...so i guess it fyne :hap2:

Well i am not askin for Cracks so i guess this is perfectly legal and ppl can even tell me links by pm's if its inappropriate here..:cool2:

Still if its not abiding by Forum rules. MODS are free to delete this thread..:)

Regards,
Dipen

@Vendetta :- thanx yaar....its good...

Any others...:)

@Scarsmine:- yeah i know that, but need proper direction for searching..u cant just go randomly and search CRACKIN..rite..

search for cracking. You will get links to some forums. There go thru what ppl ask similar to what you need. You will get some keywords. You develop your search this way.

OT : and its scarsinME :p

are u sure u r interested in cracking ??? imo...for what u want cracking may not be the best word...

see this

BTW are u familiar with reverse engineering...i mean disassembling,debugging...and especially the tools mentioned in that previous link?

its bad when u try to become |337 and u realise u dont even know python (happened to me :p)

thanx..but what i meant was like the link Vendetta pasted....its a good place to start.....i wanted sm thing like that...

nevertheless will ofcourse have to google...but if u get lil core details correct..then you get the right base....

coz theres no way i could have found that link thru google...;)

btw lol yeah its scarsinme :p.....damn all this while i hv been called scarsmine :))

are u sure u r interested in cracking ??? imo...for what u want cracking may not be the best word...
see this

BTW are u familiar with reverse engineering...i mean disassembling,debugging...and especially the tools mentioned in that previous link?
its bad when u try to become |337 and u realise u dont even know python (happened to me :p)

yes i cannot say i know....Disassembling,debuggin but i have definitely heard of these terms..and yeah i know couple of those tools.........

btw even if i dunno, i would like to learn couple of things....for presentation....so its fyne.......
the link you gave is HACKING TUTORIALS... and we are lookin for cracking rite..!!

there are some tools like disassemblers where you have to just modify jump commands in assembly and you can crack a program. kernel debuggers are other things that can be used to assist in cracking. Most crackers are quite proficient in assembly language programming

@Dipen, if u are still working on ur project, try searching demonoid. It has some cool audio-video tutorials and articles on its forums on these topics.

hmm, W32DASM is a disassembler that can be used
as well as many other tools can be used to do some cracking
i have a program cracking tutorail somewhere in my comp, ill find it and post it here

Back