Crc Failed

my system

core2duo E6750

Asus P5N E-SLI

G.SKILL 2GB

8800GTS & 8800GTX

HITACHI 250GB SATA & SAMSUNG 80GB PATA

whenever i extract any file it says "CRC FAILED "

mu system got VIRUS so i was not able to any game....

today downloaded KASPERSKY 2009 ......installed FRESH COPY & scanned it alert turned from RED to YELLOW .....now every time i try to extract any file it says CRC FAILED .

i tried it on another H.D.D just single 80GB PATA ......installed new XP 64 bit on it ,then i copied some drivers through pendrive from 350GB H.D.D to test new GPU i tried to extract game but same result it says CRC FAILED on any compressed file .

i have also tried using 8800GTS n 8800GTX on it ......but same result CRC FAILED .

guys i need solution for this .

using winrar 3.7

XP 64-bit

i played game CIVILIZATION .......it was installed from DVD/CD .

i actually think that it could be your RAM , have you had any blue screens or crashes recently? Check if your RAM is running at the right timings in the BIOS.

fangface said:
i actually think that it could be your RAM , have you had any blue screens or crashes recently? Check if your RAM is running at the right timings in the BIOS.
ahh right this might me problem.......
i had crashes those BLUE SCREEN ......

n i have changed memory timings from BIOS will see .......
currently scanning computer ......so can't do .

any more suggestions ???

have set memory timings to auto in BIOS .

but no diffrence :( same error CRC FAILED :mad:

EDIT:
so all not working .

now i am going to FORMAT all my drive n install new OS .........n will be downloaded softs as winrar

this is a drag ..........

I have installed fresh XP SP3 on 80GB H.D.D

also i have updated motherboard BIOS ( FLASHED)

i downloaded DX-9 c while installing it it says "Extracting files failed .it is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file ) or currupt cabinet file "

so what it may be ???
EDIT:
here what it says while extracting GRID setup

! D:\Race.Driver.GRID.Multi-5.Full-Rip.Skullptura\Race.Driver.GRID.Multi-5.Full-Rip.Skullptura.rar: CRC failed in Grid\Data2.x. The file is corrupt
! D:\Race.Driver.GRID.Multi-5.Full-Rip.Skullptura\Race.Driver.GRID.Multi-5.Full-Rip.Skullptura.rar: CRC failed in Grid\Data3.x. The file is corrupt
! D:\Race.Driver.GRID.Multi-5.Full-Rip.Skullptura\Race.Driver.GRID.Multi-5.Full-Rip.Skullptura.rar: CRC failed in Grid\Data4.x. The file is corrupt
! D:\Race.Driver.GRID.Multi-5.Full-Rip.Skullptura\Race.Driver.GRID.Multi-5.Full-Rip.Skullptura.rar: CRC failed in Grid\Data6.x. The file is corrupt

i am also not able o install MAX PAYNE 2 , SPIDER MAN 3 ....which are not zipped ( but setups do contain zipped files)

in setup of max payne 2
"CRC error: the file xxx(path .ras format) dosen't match the file in the setup's .cab file . The medium for which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendour ."

i am not pretty sure it's something to do with hardware ........
or virus to GPU'S BIOS ??????
in morning i have flased mobo BIOS TO latest .....
hell with this ...........got 8800GTX n now not able to install game :mad: :mad: :mad:

whole data on both 250GB and 80GB is corrupted due to infection, if both attached to same system.Attach both drives to another system for cleaning delete all corrupted files backup your working data and format both if you can, most probably crc errors coming because archives are corrupted by infection,chances for bad memory are low.

techie_007 said:
What about HDTune? Did you run that first?

here are HD TUNE test results
HDTune_Benchmark_SAMSUNG_SP0802N.png - imgX
status ok H.D.D is OK
in error scan all was K no any RED dot .

also replaced my RAM G.SKILL with TRANSCEND 2GB but same result

virus32win said:
whole data on both 250GB and 80GB is corrupted due to infection, if both attached to same system.Attach both drives to another system for cleaning delete all corrupted files backup your working data and format both if you can, most probably crc errors coming because archives are corrupted by infection,chances for bad memory are low.

i am now using only 80GB H.D.D
it's formatted fully .....
installed XP SP3
n all softs installed are downloaded now .....no any software from my system used.............so no chance of VIRUS .
but this CRC FAILURE

if you are trying to install the application to C drive and if it gives you the CRC errors.. you might as well do chkdsk /r/f on C drive and see if are getting any errors. CRC errors mostly come because of incorrect sector reading or I/O errors from the devices. Other possibilities could be that the game may be corrupt.

BackToExistence said:
if you are trying to install the application to C drive and if it gives you the CRC errors.. you might as well do chkdsk /r/f on C drive and see if are getting any errors. CRC errors mostly come because of incorrect sector reading or I/O errors from the devices. Other possibilities could be that the game may be corrupt.

i have tried it on both C drive & other drives ........
techie_007 said:
Data/power cables could be faulty? try connecting with other connectors.
no problem with data cables ......
on SATA H.D.D used SATA n now using PATA

vijaysurendran said:
try updating the motherboard and chipset drivers coz similar thing happened to me got solved when i updated my drivers.

updated grapics drivers .
resetted BIOS ( jumper settings) of mobo & also flased it to latest .

EDIT:
now download latest nForce drivers while installing it says ,
"The contents of file cannot be unpacked . The exectable tou are attempting to run has been corrupted .Please obtain another copy of file,verify it's intregrity ,and try again ."

Nothing to do with HDD !

Either unstable system or corrupt download. Last thing might be ur system was infected by Win32.B virus which corrupts the CRC of archives and self installers rendering them useless. Now when u installed kaspersky, the infection might have got cured, but the CRCs of the files are destroyed.

Just redownload any archive from the net and try and extract it. If all is fine you know what happnd ! If its still a problem, run memtest (in dos, takes arnd 20~25min) using hiren boot cd etc and check if your RAM is fine.

And ya if its fixed, do post what was the issue! I see 100s of threads like this where once issue is fixed, OP is happy enough to forget to post even a remark in the thread :)

Supra said:
Nothing to do with HDD !

Either unstable system or corrupt download. Last thing might be ur system was infected by Win32.B virus which corrupts the CRC of archives and self installers rendering them useless. Now when u installed kaspersky, the infection might have got cured, but the CRCs of the files are destroyed.

Just redownload any archive from the net and try and extract it. If all is fine you know what happnd ! If its still a problem, run memtest (in dos, takes arnd 20~25min) using hiren boot cd etc and check if your RAM is fine.

And ya if its fixed, do post what was the issue! I see 100s of threads like this where once issue is fixed, OP is happy enough to forget to post even a remark in the thread :)

i have also tried it with TRANSCEND 32GB RAM
i am able to extract new downloaded softs ...no error report

BUT DC 9.0C downloded now gives error
something with low memory swapping space .

also new downloaded nForce drivers gice error:
that it is curropt .
PS: i have formated fully 80GB H.D.D and using it all new downloaded softs.

n i have tried extracting varius games from DVD
all gice CRC error while estraction.............how that all my game setups got VIRUS .....as i have used them before .

i have also tried it with TRANSCEND 32GB RAM

Now what is that :O

i am able to extract new downloaded softs ...no error report

Because you installed Kasperksy recently which cleaned all ur files of Win32.b which screws the CRC of all archives. All stuffs downloaded pre Kaspersky install were CRC vrus Win32.B ridden and hence screwed. U cant do anything abt that...Case Closed

try this software for CRC recovery

Dvd crc repair software by Nucleus and others

More abt this virus

Win32.Plexus.B - CA

Reply sir did u get it?? I see you viewing this thread for 15 min now :p after this post !

its either a virus or bad memory (could also be incorrect bios settings).
EDIT: also could be because of loose fitting harddrive cable or IDE pins bent or something like that

Back