Creating a sub domain, hosted on different provider

avi

Skilled
I own a domain, xyz.com which is hosted on some provider.

now I want to create a subdomain blog.xyz.com which is to be hosted on another provider.

both hosting accounts have cPanel. Is it possible ? If yes, then how ?

Thank you :)

^^Ohk.. then probably wait for someone else to reply..

You can do it using some Javascript stuff, or just host a frame on blog.xyz.com , and set the frame source to the blog URL

(But there would be better ways to do this)

Sure, but before i answer that i need to know who is your registrar. As you need Dns management permission at either you registrar's end or your hosting provider.

Personally i like godaddy's Dns management for this kind of stuff.

just ssh to server, locate /var/named directory, vi yourdomain.tld.db and change the subdomain.domain.tld IP

and you are done. on the other side make the subdomain.domain.tld as a new domain account.

As mentioned above, you should have DNS management. Now, go into your domain DNS management page and create an A record for your blog.xyz.com. In the A record, you must put the IP address of the account on which you host the blog.xyz.com. Save it, wait for couple of hours and you're done.

If the blog on the other hosting provider is accessible via a dedicated IP address, you can add an A record for it corresponding to the sub-domain on ur main hosting provider.
If it is accessed via its own url, you can add a CNAME record for it, corresponding to the sub-domain on ur primary hosting provider.

Both can be added from the Simple DNS zone editor, in the cpanel of your primary domain hosting provider.

Hope this works for u..

Back