CreationWatches - Questions

'Shitty attitude' of Indian customs? They're doing their jobs. You're the one trying to escape paying duty by under-reporting the true value of the watch and trying to pass it off as a 'gift'.

'Shitty attitude' of Indian customs? They're doing their jobs. You're the one trying to escape paying duty by under-reporting the true value of the watch and trying to pass it off as a 'gift'.

^ So I am assuming that you will be declaring the additional income and paying a 30% tax on all the profit you gain from selling the Amazon 1Rs products? :D

https://www.techenclave.com/communi...te-for-more-than-their-purchase-price.177712/

Everyone of us is trying to escape something or the other! So, let's not play the 'holier than thou' game here! Coz if we decide to go on that path, we could create pages and pages of worthless mudslinging which will not add any value to the thread or its readers. :)

Finally got my Mako 'Pepsi'. :D

Here's the final cost breakup in case anyone wants to buy from CS:

Watch price: 8,204/-
Customs duty: 2,436/-
Warehouse charges: 34/-
Octroi charges: 682/-
Handling fee: 500/-
Service Tax: 70/-
Swachh Bharat Cess: 3/-

Grand Total: 11,929/-

As for the packaging, it was perfect with enough cushioning and padding. Customs/DHL had ripped open the package (possibly to check the make/model) and it was later taped with DHL tape. The watch itself was completely untouched and had all plastics and tags etc. on it. Watch box was completely undamaged as was the manual and other booklets that came with the watch. Creation Watches gets 10/10 from me.

Overall, I would say that it was a good purchase coz this was unavailable in India in any case and the one on eBay.in (non Pepsi) was selling for ~14K. Of course, if customs had not been there, it would have been the greatest deal ever! :D

Has anyone tried out airmail/ems shipping option?
Planning on buying an automatic around $200, I know it is risky but want to know if anyone tried it out since I couldn't find a single review where one used ems shipping.
Also is there an insurance for EMS as I think there is one for DHL express.

does anyone tried dutyfreeislanshop for buying watches i m planning on buying seiko tuna monster and their rates seems a bit more competitive than creation watches

does anyone tried dutyfreeislanshop for buying watches i m planning on buying seiko tuna monster and their rates seems a bit more competitive than creation watches

They are good and fast with their services when they have pieces in stock. Most of the time they list items on their website even when they are 'awaiting' stock from their vendors and therefore your order may take a few days longer to get shipped.
Creationwatches doesn't have this issue, but sometimes their prices are crazy expensive.[DOUBLEPOST=1478030736][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has anyone tried out airmail/ems shipping option?
Planning on buying an automatic around $200, I know it is risky but want to know if anyone tried it out since I couldn't find a single review where one used ems shipping.
Also is there an insurance for EMS as I think there is one for DHL express.

Received my incoming piece safe and sound, no duties, arrived within 8 days after placing the order and using airmail shipping option.

Bought a Seiko Sea Urchin (SNZF17J1 - 'Made in Japan' version) from CW yesterday - $165/-. Didn't choose DHL, took Registered Airmail instead. Lets see what happens!

Just taking chances... As DHL made me pay customs and other 'n' number of charges including some stupid 'Handling' fee of Rs. 500/-!!

Got my Seiko Sea Urchin today!!! I was expecting a hefty customs levy as I had mailed CW to declare it at low value and they had refused.

Didn't pay a rupee in customs!!! Checked the package and noticed that it was declared as a 'Horology Item' worth USD 38.0. Was also marked as a gift!!

From my 2 purchase experiences with CW, I understood 2 things:

1) Buy using Registered Air Mail and NOT via FedEX/DHL.

2) CW Rocks!!

:)

@Neo-N Anyone bought their watch along with the original Seiko (or other brand) box? Are chances of getting hit with customs duty higher if shipped along with box? I think they might but just want to know if anyone was lucky.

Guys just wanted to contribute
Bought a seiko from. Creationwatches

Did not email them anything
Am from Mumbai so ended up paying almost 70 percent as duties.

Breakup 35 percent duty - approx 3883
Plus 500 handling fees
Plus 5.5% octroi
Total duties paid 5227 for a watch I paid 7718 to creationwatches

Crazy deal breaker

Plus 500 handling fees
Plus 5.5% octroi

Crazy deal breaker
I guess you availed dhl express shipping . Prefer ems for lenient customs also no handling charges though the customs clearing times will be around a week.
Anyway how much was the watch marked as?

Yeah... Watch was marked as a measuring instrument for USD115 .. Clearing times wouldn't have been an issue for me.

DHL asked me for KYC documents, I wonder if I had gone through EMS then how they would have got those documents while clearing. Anyways, next time before buying need to keep in mind that minimum 60% of price you pay might need to be paid again as duty and other charges :(

Plus 500 handling fees
Plus 5.5% octroi

Crazy deal breaker

Ouch!

Btw, which Seiko watch was it?

@Neo-N Anyone bought their watch along with the original Seiko (or other brand) box? Are chances of getting hit with customs duty higher if shipped along with box? I think they might but just want to know if anyone was lucky.
I am also planning to buy a watch that costs around $150 and just wanted to know if you bought a watch and went for the original box?

I am also planning to buy a watch that costs around $150 and just wanted to know if you bought a watch and went for the original box?

I have done both from Creation - With box and without. With box I have done and was charged a customs duty after waiting for over a month. Without box it came home without any duty and I have done that a couple of times.

Back