Cricket World Cup 2011 Thread

blr_p said:
Now i understand to some point why some ppl got cynical -- am not watching anymore (raksrules) and even gave some sarcastic replies -- not very interested at all(Sharekhan).

The initial reason for not watching was not the SMS. I never got any SMS or any information about the same before the match. It is only through this thread i came to know about it.
Moreover yes i was upset after watching the score of 31/2 and moved myself to another room but later on realized it better if i dont watch if i want India to win (superstition you see..everyone has it).
I have not watched the India-Aus, India-Pak and WC finals at all (just bits and pieces when i hear huge roars around) just because i thought me watching the match was leading to wicket falls. This is just plain superstition and accept or dont it does play a very important role in each of us's life especially when watching India bat.

raksrules said:
The initial reason for not watching was not the SMS. I never got any SMS or any information about the same before the match. It is only through this thread i came to know about it.
ok

raksrules said:
Moreover yes i was upset after watching the score of 31/2 and moved myself to another room but later on realized it better if i dont watch if i want India to win (superstition you see..everyone has it).
But you know that cricket is an unpredictable game even at the best of times. Yes, you can lose but at the same time so can you win. And yeah i've noticed irrational behaviour with cricket fans in my family and this is something you cannot really discuss, its too damn personal, bordering on religious beliefs. that too from well educated ppl :(

raksrules said:
I have not watched the India-Aus, India-Pak and WC finals at all (just bits and pieces when i hear huge roars around) just because i thought me watching the match was leading to wicket falls. This is just plain superstition and accept or dont it does play a very important role in each of us's life especially when watching India bat.
Finals were the only game i watched because i thought India would get stuffed like last time. SL were the heroes for me in the last cup but that final was very one-sided. Clearly the Aussies were the superior team that too by a large margin.

Now i wish i watched the earlier games because India has improved. Imran Khan made that clear in an interview he gave on one of the shows. This was no fluke they've been getting better since the last couple of years and to have held on on such a tight requirement during the final is further proof of that.

Wow, never thought India would get there but we did. Now to keep that winning streak going and not get embarassed in upcoming matches.

Have been very impressed with Sangakara's interviews, very gracious and a real sport. Class act and a real leader. Part of me still cannot believe we beat him. He said even if SL posted 320 it would not have been good enough.

blr_p said:
Have been very impressed with Sangakara's interviews, very gracious and a real sport. Class act and a real leader.

He was arrogant at the time of toss but his tune got changed after the match.. I remember he said whatever they will make would be a good total in response of targeted score question. Afterward he accepted that - even 350 would have been easily chased by India looking at the batting line.. Lol..

blr_p said:
Now i wish i watched the earlier games because India has improved. Imran Khan made that clear in an interview he gave on one of the shows. This was no fluke they've been getting better since the last couple of years and to have held on on such a tight requirement during the final is further proof of that.

Wow, never thought India would get there but we did. Now to keep that winning streak going and not get embarassed in upcoming matches.

Watch the highlights. One area India improved a lot was in their fielding. I was surprised when Yuvraj jumped like a monkey to stop a ball in mid air which would have gone for a four. Even the bowlers seemed to have improved a lot. They bowl great and take wickets when required to break the opponents partnership. Once 8-15 extras was the norm in almost every match they played. Now they barely give 5.

wow, its like their level has gone two notches up.

Edit: Seems Gary Kirsten has bid bye bye. NOw India looking for new coach.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/cricket-world-cup-2011/news/Guru-Gary-bids-goodbye-time-to-say-hello-to-Warne/articleshow/7879827.cms

Back