Croma ACs?

crossword

Disciple
I can get the croma 1.5 ton ac for RS 29,000. Does anyone have any experience with Croma AC? I googled and found only one negative review in consumer complaints. Nothing else about it. the site is here:

http://www.cromaretail.com/Croma-15-Ton-CRAC1077-Window-Air-Conditioner-pc-58-394.aspx

Does Croma AC have a good compressor? Or would it be better to buy Sharp or Panasonic? Do they have superior compressors?

I’m attracted to Croma because it has a 4 way swing, which most split Acs don’t have. Is the 4 way swing a big advantage over the 2 way swing? Thanks for any help.

Well if you want a Window AC then do consider the O'General Window AC. Using it for over 7 years now without any issue. Not sure of any other brand in Window ACs because when we went to buy a window AC for office, the dealer said if you want best cooling and performance O'General is the best. I believe it has the best air throw.

If it were Inverter or Split you could have considered the Sharp or Panasonic.

For Window AC I guess you could even check BlueStar or Voltas (voltas again is a Tata Brand) so I guess the specs might be similar for Croma and Voltas)

Spend some more than buy a good brand like O'General or Hitachi.

I went 2 days back to chroma as i was looking for a new fridge and the guy there showed me a 190 liter croma one which was slightly less priced than LG/Samsung (500 Rs less) but when i asked him what really is the croma brand mad of, he was clueless and told me different parts of different suppliers. I am not saying this is wrong but just that i preferred buying a known brand like LG than croma one.

Sorry; I posted the wrong url in my original question. I’m looking for a split Ac, not a window one.

My main question is, is it always safer to buy a name brand like Sharp? I’m mainly looking for something that has a good compressor since I want the Ac to last at least 10 to 15 years. My window Ac has lasted 18 years so far.

So for that I suppose I need to buy one with a fantastic compressor? And I take it that only the name brands like Sharp can be trusted to have great compressors? While something like Croma would have a weaker compressor?

Brands like Hitachi, Daikin etc are too expensive for me. Sharp seems the most reasonable in split Acs.

I have a couple of Croma ACs. A 1Ton 5 star and a 1.5Ton 3 star which were bought a couple of years back and are working perfectly fine. Mine were manufactured by Voltas which will probably be the case even now as both are TATA companies. Confirm with the sales agent whether it is a Voltas OEM then you can be guaranteed about the quality. You can also get extended warranty if you are buying from a Croma store.

If you want the best in market then opt for O'General ,Hitachi, Blue Star and be prepared to pay the premium.

A 5 star AC would be better in the long run if you plan to use it daily.

Go with Azure Brand from Next or Vijay Sales good quality. If not than Samsung/LG. If budget permits than O'Genearl/Hitachi.

I have been using a Croma 1.5 tonne window ac - with 3 star efficiency rating - since 2011 March. It hasn't had a single issue and gives great cooling. Services/ cleaning were done by me in 4 month intervals. I highly recommend it .

Spend some more than buy a good brand like O'General or Hitachi.

I went 2 days back to chroma as i was looking for a new fridge and the guy there showed me a 190 liter croma one which was slightly less priced than LG/Samsung (500 Rs less) but when i asked him what really is the croma brand mad of, he was clueless and told me different parts of different suppliers. I am not saying this is wrong but just that i preferred buying a known brand like LG than croma one.
You seriously expect a sales person would be informed who the original manufacturer is ? Can you say for certainty where your mobile has been manufactured ? How do you know for sure it has not been outsourced ? Out sourcing is the name of the game, and Croma has done just that. Buy it if you like it, else leave it.[DOUBLEPOST=1365244845][/DOUBLEPOST]
TATA = Volatas = Croma

Same owner :)
TATA Motors= JLR
Is the above statement true ?
Same owner need not mean same quality

You seriously expect a sales person would be informed who the original manufacturer is ? Can you say for certainty where your mobile has been manufactured ? How do you know for sure it has not been outsourced ? Out sourcing is the name of the game, and Croma has done just that. Buy it if you like it, else leave it.

Some sales people are informed but it is a well known fact that any salesperson will push certain products not because it is good but because it offers more margin then others. And why can't i expect them to know at least the basic details. And my motive of asking was only because till certain point chroma was a electronics shopping mall like Vijay sales etc but then it started having their own in house products so while trying any new brand as a consumer i would have my queries and skeptical about them. I don't have spare money to throw on untried products and don't wish to be genie pig either.

Asking basic details is not wrong at all.. But asking suppliers of components inside an AC? That's not basic and not wrong to ask. But expecting the sales person to know that is too much.
Sales person trying to push products is totally unrelated to the discussion here.

Some sales people are informed but it is a well known fact that any salesperson will push certain products not because it is good but because it offers more margin then others. And why can't i expect them to know at least the basic details. And my motive of asking was only because till certain point chroma was a electronics shopping mall like Vijay sales etc but then it started having their own in house products so while trying any new brand as a consumer i would have my queries and skeptical about them. I don't have spare money to throw on untried products and don't wish to be genie pig either.

TATA Motors= JLR
Is the above statement true ?
Same owner need not mean same quality

read my earlier post. I own a Croma branded AC and it was manufactured by Voltas. Croma does not manufacture their products. About the current ACs you can be 99% sure that they have been made by Voltas since both are under the same TATA brand and it is a win win for both. You can also check a similar Voltas AC and find that the specifications match exactly. Only the outer plastic shell might look different.
Regarding Tata motors = JLR, it does mean same quality. There is knowledge transfer between the two and it will be evident in the near future. Don't expect a Jaguar at the cost of a Nano though. This is not the point of this thread.

Asking basic details is not wrong at all.. But asking suppliers of components inside an AC? That's not basic and not wrong to ask. But expecting the sales person to know that is too much.
Sales person trying to push products is totally unrelated to the discussion here.

In this case, it is the entire AC that is being manufactured by a 3rd party (Voltas) and not individual components. The sales guys should know about the manufacturers and will tell you, at least in case of the AC where Voltas is a well known brand but I am not sure about other appliances like TV, Vaccum Cleaner etc.

read my earlier post. I own a Croma branded AC and it was manufactured by Voltas. Croma does not manufacture their products. About the current ACs you can be 99% sure that they have been made by Voltas since both are under the same TATA brand and it is a win win for both. You can also check a similar Voltas AC and find that the specifications match exactly. Only the outer plastic shell might look different.
Regarding Tata motors = JLR, it does mean same quality. There is knowledge transfer between the two and it will be evident in the near future. Don't expect a Jaguar at the cost of a Nano though. This is not the point of this thread.

In this case, it is the entire AC that is being manufactured by a 3rd party (Voltas) and not individual components. The sales guys should know about the manufacturers and will tell you, at least in case of the AC where Voltas is a well known brand but I am not sure about other appliances like TV, Vaccum Cleaner etc.

If you think same owner means same quality - There is nothing more to be said to you.
To others, I reiterate same owner DOES NOT mean same quality.

It will be a cold day in hell before the sales droids are officially informed who makes their product and where its manufactured. I wonder if you ever asked your fruit supplier from which orchard the fruit came. Or which factory your nice shirt was manufactured in, forget factory which country even ?

Base decisions on relevant information, not hearsay or rumors.

Back