Current Unemployment Situation And Job Market In India

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
It never took me this long to search a job in my decade+ career, but this time its over 5 months of application and interviews with absolutely no luck.

I don't know how i would meet my end-needs and buy food for family after two months. Savings are evaporating faster than water in this summer.
And then i come across articles like this India Is The Nation Of The Most Unemployed In The World which is further demoralising.

In this time frame of 5-6month, I was selected at an amazing company in Europe, but in last round HR said, they would like to have someone local in leadership position & if that doesn't work out they will get back to me.
Same happened with a Japanese giant. Majority of the hiring manager were ready to hire me, but HR always prefers a local (visa process is big issue now a days, and its obvious, no-one want to go through all those hustles).

No big company want a foreign national in leadership position. Where as in India, last week, i was rejected after multiple rounds, with a reason they are looking for an expat in this "role". Looks like i'm an alien in my own country.

Two of the offers i received (India) in this time frame were insisting a 20-25% pay-cut, which would take me another 5 years to reach at my current level and were impossible to accept as in those scenarios i would have been, anyways, struggling to meet my monthly commitments.

But it looks like, not just me. The other day i heard few people discussing how now M.Tech guys are even accepting contractor positions in various companies. Looks like the scenario is terrible

Anyways, what you guys thing of the present job market situation?
Does anyone has any suggestion for me in this situation?
I have approached almost all consultancy, including ABC, but nothing worked as of now.

Thanks for reading this long post. (please use PM router for any specific details, you may want to know about me)

Same here and also with many other friends lying simply idle that too with 5+ experiences. And we hear modi created 31lacs of jobs.

It never took me this long to search a job in my decade+ career, but this time its over 5 months of application and interviews with absolutely no luck.

I don't know how i would meet my end-needs and buy food for family after two months. Savings are evaporating faster than water in this summer.
And then i come across articles like this India Is The Nation Of The Most Unemployed In The World which is further demoralising.

In this time frame of 5-6month, I was selected at an amazing company in Europe, but in last round HR said, they would like to have someone local in leadership position & if that doesn't work out they will get back to me.
Same happened with a Japanese giant. Majority of the hiring manager were ready to hire me, but HR always prefers a local (visa process is big issue now a days, and its obvious, no-one want to go through all those hustles).

No big company want a foreign national in leadership position. Where as in India, last week, i was rejected after multiple rounds, with a reason they are looking for an expat in this "role". Looks like i'm an alien in my own country.

Two of the offers i received (India) in this time frame were insisting a 20-25% pay-cut, which would take me another 5 years to reach at my current level and were impossible to accept as in those scenarios i would have been, anyways, struggling to meet my monthly commitments.

But it looks like, not just me. The other day i heard few people discussing how now M.Tech guys are even accepting contractor positions in various companies. Looks like the scenario is terrible

I have approached almost all consultancy, including ABC, but nothing worked as of now.

Thanks for reading this long post. (please use PM router for any specific details, you may want to know about me)
Your options are
1) Pakoda + tea stall ( momo's not allowed)
2) cows for milking
3) paan ki dukaan.

I don't even have a college degree and I'm 25(living with fake age on papers like aadhaar, pan, passport, BC etc). I'll get my first job through contacts and then switch through experience certificates

@netant how about starting a business? do you have a business idea you can start with?

There is a reason why Chaiwala's & Vada Pav stalls on streets are making more money that any engineer in the city, because its a business. it has unlimited potential. all you have to do is look at a problem & come up with a solution. It might be actually be as easy as opening up a tea stall or snacks center... obviously i don't mean that you have to sit at the stove and fry vada's & samosa :)

Have a look at this

Yup. All parents must stop sending kids to schools as anyway every education institute is corrupted and ask for donations just like local hijdas and then theirs tiff in college days for securing seats and again have to bribe and apply jack etc. Unless your kids stands off the crowd scoring 99.9 or more.

Then why not secure kids future by opening tea or vadapav stall? By the time he is 18 he already got lacs and in a position to start his own company or a new biz. Or marry a biz babe and play with bmws.

Yup. All parents must stop sending kids to schools as anyway every education institute is corrupted and ask for donations just like local hijdas and then theirs tiff in college days for securing seats and again have to bribe and apply jack etc. Unless your kids stands off the crowd scoring 99.9 or more.

Then why not secure kids future by opening tea or vadapav stall? By the time he is 18 he already got lacs and in a position to start his own company or a new biz. Or marry a biz babe and play with bmws.

I cant even tell what is sarcasm and what is actual bhakt speak. :p

@netant how about starting a business? do you have a business idea you can start with?

There is a reason why Chaiwala's & Vada Pav stalls on streets are making more money that any engineer in the city, because its a business. it has unlimited potential. all you have to do is look at a problem & come up with a solution. It might be actually be as easy as opening up a tea stall or snacks center... obviously i don't mean that you have to sit at the stove and fry vada's & samosa :)

Have a look at this

Dont forget that here too the BMC needs their share of cut :p

I do have a business idea, i'm swiftly working on that for sometime now.
but time is not correct for that to go full stream... I mean that need seed-fund, plus need years to establish and generate revenue. This is my long term plan.[DOUBLEPOST=1525169468][/DOUBLEPOST]
@netant What's your domain? I'll try and help if I can.
creative/management.. will PM details in sometime.[DOUBLEPOST=1525169536][/DOUBLEPOST]
'We should leave the numbers aside, but get convinced that there have not been job losses', says @RajivKumar1 Vice Chairman, Niti Aayog, in conversation with @RShivshankar on #NaMoJobsDisclosure https://t.co/Pc5LFsAZNY

i am wondering how far these guys are away from reality

Looks like it is happening everywhere. Working for a big corporate they recently downsized the team and cut the salary by 20% that too when the salary revision happens in the month of April for the IT sector. Their reason, budget constraints. When I refused to take the pay cut I have been put on notice period and couple of month's to find another job. However the reason I think most of the corporates are ready to employ people with less skills and thereby pay them less. When one of the team delivered a project well within the time they were told not do so and make sure there are "few' bugs and the client should come back to them and they would make a separate billing for that. Probably it happens everywhere I think. We have lost all ethics. I am sick of this industry and probably move away though not sure what I will do.

I don't know about IT services sector, but don't see any such problems in the software development companies that develop and market their own software products/platforms. Most people still getting spammed by HR folk of various companies on a regular basis on e-mail, phone and LinkedIn and also getting interview calls quite easily. If anything, there is a severe shortage of skilled people mainly for the entry level software engineer roles and many companies seem to have a backlog of unfilled positions at various levels. Both Startups and established companies are popular destinations for people looking to change.

Couple of months back, a friend of mine joined Microsoft as an SDE3 with a total benefits of 60 LPA. He had another offer of 55 LPA from another company. He was working for Samsung R&D earlier. Last year, another guy that I know moved to Bangalore with with nearly 180% salary increase to 64 LPA. He had 2 other offers that were around the same range. Even today, I see people switching with decent pay increases.

So, I think this problem may not be applicable in all areas. IT services companies don't seem to be doing too well in any case. One of our office cab driver who drives for other 3 companies was saying one day that with the other companies he works for, he makes more money than the employees he drives to work even if their salaries are combined. No wonder that many IT services employees are ditching their jobs to drive cabs as its more lucrative.

As for govt role, the 31 lac job creation is just as much a joke as the 100% electrification of villages.

Back