Curve 8520 software update and unlocking.

But its saying no software update available!!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 79
I am using the Curve 8520 too. I did not know there was a software update until now. Downloading it now. I hope my current settings and contacts and everything will remain the same as before.

EDIT: Please confirm which version to download guys. Thanks.

^^Got it. Thanks mate. I hope the OS won't create any problems for my Indian version and the settings will remain the same.

Yeah, the official one looks newer. Not in the habit of checking the official sites for my BlackBerry upgrades! Hybrids are a nice option too. Been running various different hybrids on my BlackBerry for a while now. Haven't gone back to stock firmware ever since!

samrulez said:
No problem. I'm downloading it now. Will do it in an hour or so. Ill get back with my experience.
I downloaded and upgraded using the unofficial link as I was worried about the AT&T thing in the official one and did not want any issues. It works fine but is it a little buggy here and there. Have you tried the official one? And some of my settings got messed but it was okay in the end.

Once your BlackBerry is unlocked, there's no fear of it getting locked again, so no worries there! The only thing is, if it was a provider-branded handset, it generally won't accept any other firmware than one released by the same provider. This is easily circumvented by deleting the vendor.xml file as described in the Crackberry tutorial.

^^I used the same link. My profiles menu seems to be a bit buggy. And any idea how do I revert back to the old sms display? I hate this conversation style of display now. Very annoying.

Back