"cvtres.exe " Causing High CPU usage

Recently an unknown precess called cvtres.exe is causing high cpu usage and as a result high cpu temp in my PC.
supposedly its a process associated with Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005,but it can be a Bitcoin Miner or any other Malware for all I knw.plz help guys.Logs are attached

Attachments

• OTL.Txt
    88.7 KB · Views: 371
  • Extras.Txt
    39.5 KB · Views: 259
  • System Information Report.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 268
  • hijackthis.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 237
Reading the hijack this log I saw lots of system files missing plus some suspicious files in startup.
I suggest you to update malware bytes and your AV and then run them offline without net connection. Do a boot scan with AV and quarantine viruses if found. Then run SFC /scannow in elevated command prompt window to repair system files that are missing.

Regarding the cvtres file, the normal version of that file is 33.6KB. If its larger than that then it might be a virus.

Thank you very much for your reply.the issue is resolved now

i Did use MBAM before and it didnt point out any infections,so I excluded it from your list this time.

1.adwcleaner found out some strange files and registry entries,which it cleaned thoroughly

2.TDSS killer did not find any rootkit

3.Finally Hitman pro Saved the day.turned out my system was infected with a ransomware,a few trojans and a bitcoin miner.the software scanned (very fast,very impressive) and pointed out every infection and eventually was able to cure them all.

thanks again for the prompt Reply.

Back