D-Link DSL-2750U (Modem+Router) for BSNL broadband?

@dinjo - As I mentioned its the W8968. So its the one with USB port and eWan.[DOUBLEPOST=1372312422][/DOUBLEPOST]
Performance is really good. I myself bought this router 2 weeks ago, and suggested here :)

I was using BSNL Broadband and now shifted to Airtel, so was looking for a new router, as they will take the Type II Nokia Siemens WiFi Router given by them.
Cool. Hope it performs well with BSNL too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it was 8968

@DarkAngel - Can you share your experience with router regards to speed and stability have you kept the router turned on for 2-3 days ?

I'm pretty sure it was 8968

@DarkAngel - Can you share your experience with router regards to speed and stability have you kept the router turned on for 2-3 days ?

I haven't got the BSNL connection yet. Applied for it last week. Will probably get it by end of week. Will update thread once I got the connection.

A bit off-topic, but I am also thinking of replacing my BSNL modem and wanted suggestions! :)

My current modem is a Billion Bipac 5200 which I got when I was using Tata ADSL connection. The exchange is around 2.5-3 km from my house. The ADSL link is lost randomly, sometimes its stable for 10+ hrs and there are times when the connection is reset every 3-4 minutes. There were slight disturbances in the line earlier which increased recently to a point where the ADSL link remained down. Complained to BSNL and they have fixed it now. I am also using the GDmt modulation.

Another problem that I am having is the modem configuration gets reset randomly and I have to reenter the passwords, IP settings etc.

Do you think changing the modem will make it more stable (It should atleast fix the random loss in configuration settings)? If yes which one? A broadcom chipset based modem?

No. you're not. You said you read it somewhere. Where is 'somewhere' ?

You can't even tell us where that is ..... :)

Yes you can say this now since someone has posted the link , the link posted by you was not even 8968

heh, i already covered this in an earlier post ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1372680250][/DOUBLEPOST]You're the one saying it is not. then show us your sources ?

A bit off-topic, but I am also thinking of replacing my BSNL modem and wanted suggestions! :)

My current modem is a Billion Bipac 5200 which I got when I was using Tata ADSL connection. The exchange is around 2.5-3 km from my house. The ADSL link is lost randomly, sometimes its stable for 10+ hrs and there are times when the connection is reset every 3-4 minutes. There were slight disturbances in the line earlier which increased recently to a point where the ADSL link remained down. Complained to BSNL and they have fixed it now. I am also using the GDmt modulation.

Another problem that I am having is the modem configuration gets reset randomly and I have to reenter the passwords, IP settings etc.

Do you think changing the modem will make it more stable (It should atleast fix the random loss in configuration settings)? If yes which one? A broadcom chipset based modem?

Yeah. I think the router is going to be dead soon. Better get a new router.

Was trying to figure out whether your billion was the G or a N model ?

I was thinking of upgrading from the Beetel 450 BXI that was provided by Airtel and was thinking of the D-Link 2750U and had a few doubts when I ran into this thread.

The main reason that I am upgrading is the range and the data transfer rate between machines on the same Wi-Fi Network the speed never exceed 1 mbps while transferring files and at times it is even lower.

I think my laptop and PS3 are compatible with 802.11 N but on my desktop I am using D-Link DWA 110 which is compatible with 802.11 g limiting me to 54 mbps. Will I get the said speed between the devices or will it be lower and will it pose any problems?
The USB port that is provided and is said to support Printers. I have a Deskjet 1050 is it possible that the scanner function will also be supported.
Can the router function as a MediaServer?
With my existing router I had tried to set up my PC as a MediaServer. The audio and certain divx, xvid encoded videos played well but files with higher bitrate suffered. Can this router be used for streaming videos?

Regards.

heh, i already covered this in an earlier post ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1372680250][/DOUBLEPOST]You're the one saying it is not. then show us your sources ?

I'm not here to win a battle , but if you like then you win.

P.S - That post is just a forum by member which anyone can post :)

Back