DAIKIN Split AC service..

HailStonE

Skilled
Anybody used the DAIKIN AC service ?? How good are they? Is WET service included in the warranty period ?

There is a mention ont he warranty card that 3 Preventive Maintenance Service are included free of cost.

What I've experienced with other brands (LG & Samsung) is that they never pressure wash the IDU & ODU during wet service.

I would like to know what DAIKIN does with regards to this. What is the cost & are customers satisfied with whatever they are providing ?

The preventive maintenance service is a joke. Whether it is Daiken, LG or Samsung they just come and clean the filters with water and use a toothbrush the clean the inside plates. They do not remove the unit. They just check the gas and the service is completed in 15 to 20 minutes. For perfect cleaning the unit needs to be removed and cleaned with high pressure water (usually the service person carries a portable unit which can be connected to your tap). Once the warranty period is over it is better to get the cleaning done by a local AC technician who will do a better job.

The preventive maintenance service is a joke. Whether it is Daiken, LG or Samsung they just come and clean the filters with water and use a toothbrush the clean the inside plates. They do not remove the unit. They just check the gas and the service is completed in 15 to 20 minutes. For perfect cleaning the unit needs to be removed and cleaned with high pressure water (usually the service person carries a portable unit which can be connected to your tap). Once the warranty period is over it is better to get the cleaning done by a local AC technician who will do a better job.
Thats not true with Hitachi at least. Everytime they come they always remove the unit and do the pressure cleaning. Takes almost 45min - hour.

It depends on the location, for bangalore where dust is less compared to say delhi, they hardly do any wet wash. I myself use a air blower for the indoor unit and also use a vacuum cleaner professional type. For the outdoor unit, I use a 3hp air compressor with regulated pressure, otherwise the fins will be bent, same goes to wet wash if one is not care full. So far have yet to pressure wash, as compressod air was sufficient.

I hear reports of fan or electronics failure typically after wet wash where the service guy is careless.

Wet service is included during warranty period for Daikin and costs 2.5k without warranty. Daikin service is good.[DOUBLEPOST=1537501441][/DOUBLEPOST]They do pressure wash, like the LG video above, only seen the thumbnail not the video.

Arjun, this is with DAIKIN or third party outsourced authorized service by DAIKIN... In Tier II cities I suppose they outsource it.

How did you go about it... Should I contact & confirm the wet cleaning process with DAIKIN or the service tech before letting him come to my premises...

Lastly I've not availed the dry service since its just normal cleaning & vacuuming that I myself do monthly... Will they insist on it before Wet service ??

I live in delhi, and service here is provided by daikin, they ask you if you require wet or dry service when you call them. You should confirm it before to ensure that they bring the wet service equipment. When they are doing wet, dry is obviously not required.

I called DAIKIN today for service... For some reason they refuse to tell which type of service would be provided & keep telling me to refer to type of service on the warranty card. On insisting they told me that there is no information on the system regarding this & the engineer will tell which type of service would be provided so I booked the service (only after which an engineer would call)..

Also they quote me 1200/- + 18% GST for a wet service if done after warranty period...

What are required for service during warranty period... Bill or Warranty card ?? Should warranty card be stamped/filled ?

Last edited:
^.. Yep that's right..

Today the service tech came. They only asked for bill & took the picture of the bill.

They brought a simple pump with a mini nozzle gun attachment to pressure wash the unit. It took them ~15 minutes only since only the roller was mostly dirty. Pressure was OK for AC cleaning. Nothing like your regular pressure washer. I regularly vacuum the IDU so it was relatively clean. Ironically enough they only pressure washed the IDU & simply ran hose water on the ODU which was more dirty. They told me the fan motor is sealed hence only simple running water can be used to clean the ODU. If pressure washing is done then only water can get into ODU PCB hence it should be wrapped in plastic if pressure washing.

I am not very impressed with the quality of service but it was free so can't complain... They also service outside warranty without DAIKIN involved for Rs 600/- but can't guarantee that pressure washing would be done since the equipment was provided by DAIKIN. It seems since the service is outsourced to third party they might be doing this without the service head/ owner involved.

Back