Dark Souls - Discussion Thread

Motherfcuking Blighttown! Completed the damn level, slayed Quelag and rang the second bell. This b1tch took me for a ride initially and then I called for Maneater Mildred’s help. She helped me draw the attention of Quelag while I two-handed the Astora’s straight sword and slashed her a couple of times before she did the fire burst attack which consumes a sh1t load of stamina and a bit of HP. The Dragon Crest Shield was a life saver thanks to the 85% fire damage reduction. Later at one point, Mildred was cornered due to the lava pools spewed by Quelag and had to keep circling her while attacking. Thankfully, the arena was large enough for some movements. Couple of minutes later, she was history.

Broke my previous covenant with Alvina and entered into one with the Daughter of Chaos. Gave her a firekeeper’s soul as well. I am going to stick to this covenant till the end of the game since it has something to do with Solaire’s path later on. He is the only NPC I am concerned of and his survival is paramount.

Talking of Blighttown, this level was a fcuking horror in terms of the falls and the enemy AI. Bloody infested ghouls, barbarians and then those boulder rolling ones located next to Quelag’s domain entrance and the worst of all, the blowdart snipers! And then the toxic swamps. I was sprinting from land to land adjacent to each pillar. The giant leeches here in the swamp were quite generous in terms of drops. Looks like this is a good area to farm some titanite shards - will come back here later in case I need shards for equipment upgrades. Luckily the Spider Shield I had sourced from The Depths came to the rescue here in the swamps since it raised the poison resistance by 100 points. Apparently, the Bandit class receives this shield as a starting equipment! Also managed to climb up the area adjacent to the water wheel to access the shortcut to the Valley of Drakes.

Leveled up to 51 and rested at the bonfire inside Quelag’s Domain. Will do a quick search of the swamp for any items I may have missed out and head out to Sen’s Fortress. Need to meet Andrei to pass him some embers I had collected and upgrade some equipment.

Now I just curled into a ball and nothing happened. What the hell am I supposed to do?

You need to be curled up for a while. Around 10~15 seconds. I did mention that in my previous post.

I am surprised you managed this far without the rusted iron ring! That ring helps a lot in water/slime filled areas without hindering the movement. Not even by a bit.

Btw how do we access the DLC within the game? Is it like built within the game and we are supposed to explore the areas? Or should we load it from the game's menu?

First off 'Grats for completing Blighttown. :bigok:

You need to be curled up for a while. Around 10~15 seconds. I did mention that in my previous post.

I must have over-looked it, but yes, I did make that trip back and old memories of me leaving that place in an extremely poor form just came back to me. Just minutes into the place, I went to the place where I killed the Asylum Demon and the ground gave way and we have the 'Stray Demon'. Well, now I can safely say, if you have beat this punk-ass, then you can easily beat Demon Firesage in the Demon Ruins. Got the Rusted Ring, my well deserve Titanite slab and headed out.

I am surprised you managed this far without the rusted iron ring! That ring helps a lot in water/slime filled areas without hindering the movement. Not even by a bit.

Ain't no big deal. The only place where I felt it might have helped was at the bottom of the pit in Sen's Fortress where you have a muddy area and Titanite Demons to beat. Didn't really need it for anything more. Besides, I feel like Rocky Balboa now; slugging my ass off to build my character and then knocking their wind out. :p

Btw how do we access the DLC within the game? Is it like built within the game and we are supposed to explore the areas? Or should we load it from the game's menu?

It's a story arc that you need to follow. You need to obtain the Lordvessel for this, without which, you can't do jack.

Here's how you actually access it:

Defeat Hydra at Darkroot Basin
Defeat Crystal Golem at Darkroot Basin and save Dusk of Oolacile
Defeat Crystal Golem at Duke's Archive and get Broken Pendant
Touch Black Fog at lake in Darkroot Basin where you rescued Oolacile and you're teleported to the Sanctuary Guarden

I made a stupid mistake last night. I had my Eagle shield upgraded to +10 and it's an excellent shield when it comes to stability and light weight. Then I went to the Giant blacksmith in Anor Londo to check for upgrades and there was a Crytal upgrade for my Eagle Shield. I looked at the enhanced stats and it was going to push my stability from 79 to 84. I did not hesitate and upgraded. When I re-checked the stats post upgrade, to my horror, the durability of the shield had been shafted; from 300 to 30. I asked around and guess what, not only can it NOT be downgraded, but it can't be repaired either. Crystal weapons can never be repaired, they can only be reinforced on upgrade. Now I'm out of a stable shield. Talk about a dick move. Now I'll have to build the Greatshield of Artorias, which is said to have 88 stability. Some farming time today to get those Titanite shards and chunks. :(

Oh shugs that sucks! :(

Yeah crytsal weapons are said to have very bad durability and cannot be repaired. When I saw Domnhall of Zena at The Depths, I saw him selling crystal sword and a crystal shield which surprisingly had very good damage and defense stats! I was almost taken aback when I wondered why the hell did these not show up before. Then I read up on a bit and figured out they cannot be repaired when their durability wears off and cannot be upgraded either. I just walked past him.

Went back to the Firelink Shrine yesterday and Kingseeker Frampt has turned up. Well that's a good thing since I had so many unwanted things in my stash to be disposed off, although most weapons and armor don't fetch much value. Sold the Moonlight Butterfly's soul for 8k souls - consuming that soul gives just 1500 souls which is really lame! Upgraded few stats, consumed few humanities and headed towards Undead Parish to pass the embers to Andrei. Upgraded the Astora's straight sword to +4, rested at the bonfire nearby and happily sprinted to the Sen's Fortress entrance.

The moment I walked through the gate, I heard a faint note and realised I had stepped on some trap activator. BANG!!! comes 3 arrows from the front. Luckily for me, the shield was raised and it helped me there. But somehow it distracted the 2 serpent soldiers there and they came for me. The Astora's sword +4 took about 4~5 slashes to kill these guys whereas most other minions died from a single hit. Reloaded from the bonfire and equipped the Black Knight sword and looks like a good choice but it takes a while to swing. Looks like I will have to switch to something better. :(

Allwyn any pointers?

Got the Rusted Ring, my well deserve Titanite slab and headed out.

Did you head back to the cell you were imprisoned before and collect something? Someone was also waiting for you there. :p

Allwyn any pointers?

Hang onto your Drake's Sword in this area, if you have upgraded it, even better. You'll find the Lightning Spear in this level by killing the Mimic. This weapons will be highly useful for most of your playthrough. Also, try to lure the enemies towards you by shooting arrows at them. The Serpent Mage's wouldn't necessarily follow you, but the Serpent soldiers will. Grab some poison arrows and this should deal a continuous HP drain. Be very careful of the ledges and the swinging blades. One hit and 'YOU DIED'. What's your current favourite shield and it's stability? Can you post a screencap of your character stats?

Did you head back to the cell you were imprisoned before and collect something? Someone was also waiting for you there. :p

Oh dam! I don't think I did. I got a surprised visit from the Black Knight while I was there, defeated him and got out of there. What did I miss?

Yeah will post it today evening. Right now, I am switching between Crest Shield and Dragon Crest Shield. The latter has good fire resistance but poor magic resistance and vice-versa for the former. I am yet to get the Black Knight Shield which has the best fire resistance for any shield in the game.

Stability is the default one which is around 55. I haven't even considered upgrading shields. Is it worth upgrading them? I am still using the default armor that came with the Pyromancer from the start. Have got a lot of various other armor in the inventory but they seem to affect the weight which wouldn't let my character roll properly.

Oh dam! I don't think I did. I got a surprised visit from the Black Knight while I was there, defeated him and got out of there. What did I miss?

A doll which will let you access the Painted World of Ariamis from Anor Londo. This is purely optional and you can choose not to visit the area at all but it will net you some souls and items.

I hope you met Oscar of Astora in addition to the 2 black knights there. He drops the Crest Shield.

Completed Sen's Fortress, got the super sweet lightning spear, rescued Big Hat Logan, slayed the Iron Golem tank and landed at Anor Londo. :D

This level was actually pretty easy provided it is taken with extreme caution and patience. Whoever this Sen dude is, he has designed his fortress with a whole lot of lethal traps and blades swinging at every narrow path. Got mowed down by a guillotine blade towards the last narrow path which requires the character to sprint across all the four blades at once. Fortunately, I landed below with barely 2% of the HP - talk about sheer luck! Even the bonfire in this level is hidden from the main path and isn't visible unless we are playing as Indiana Jones or we hit up some map. Killed all the 3 giants in the level as well although one of them towards the last area yielded just 1000 souls and he was cut off from the main area. Not sure if he would ever cause any harm as he was seen organising all the boulders. Speaking of the titanite demons, these mother****ers seem to take quite some hits in this area before going down. Luckily, they were at the very start of the level so death wasn't much of a concern since the bonfire at the Undead Parish above Andrei was just nearby. Killed two of those one after the other but I've no idea how to kill the other two which are in the same location. Maybe a better weapon at a later stage might help. Allwyn were you able to slay those two yet? And how do we upgrade the lightning spear? I mean what shards do these use? Is there a blacksmith in Anor Londo?

And hats off to the devs. for the level designs. Very intricate and well thought of. Each area is connected to one another by means of shortcuts and an area previously explored and completed is actually visible from another one. Just as I rescued Big Hat Logan from his cage, I stood by the balcony and could notice the bell tower at Undead Parish where the first bell was rang. Hell, I could even spot the bell standing from the edge! And when Sen's Fortress was completed and those harpies gave me an air-lift to Anor Londo, that sequence which shows the bird's eye view of Anor Londo, I was like WTF! :scared14: The visuals and the architecture coupled with the setting sun, looked jaw-dropping beautiful. Quickly sprinted down and annoyed one of those Sentinels but quit it right there. A good weekend ahead.

Allwyn were you able to slay those two yet? And how do we upgrade the lightning spear? I mean what shards do these use? Is there a blacksmith in Anor Londo?

I was able to take out all the Titanite Demon's in this area. The muddy surface was the biggest challenge, else it would have been over pretty quick. To upgrade the Lightning Spear you'd need 8 Titanite Chunks to upgraded it to +4 and 1 Titanite Slab for maxing it out at +5. The former can easily be farmed from the Darkwraith's in New Londo Ruins, while the latter is a rare item. There is a Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo, who will convert your standard weapons and shield's into a demon weapon using the boss demons that you have defeated. If you have some spare Humanity, then better kindle the first bonfire of this area to the max, as the next one is quite far.

I have used most of the humanities but I have a couple spared including a bunch of twin humanities. Regarding boss souls, I am wondering what to do with the souls of Sif, Iron Golem and Quelag. I do not intend to make any boss weapons (I did not do so in Demon's Souls either) since I am comfortable with the present ones. As far as the lightning spear goes, this weapon is quite fast in delivering the swings so that's a definite plus else the Astora's Straight Sword +4 is equally good. I intend to use that for the Catacombs since it is a divine weapon and will put those skeletons to sleep permanently.

So it looks like I will have to complete Anor Londo before I venture out to any other area.

I haven't constructed any boss weapons yet, but I have built the Greatshield of Artorias by ascending a +10 Kite Shield with Sif's soul. This shield is f*ckin' epic when it comes to stability, which is a whopping 88 and requires strength level of 34. It has even better stability than the Havel's shield. I have maxed out this shield's upgrade. I'm concentrating on my weapon and shield build this time, rather than just upgrading my soul level. I'm now using my Lightning Zweihander +4 and it's tearing through all the enemies so far. I just need one Titanite Slab to max this weapon out as well. :D

Fcuk yea fcuk yeah fcuk yeah! Ornstein and Smough slayed in the first try! On SOLO! OMG I can't seem to control the damn sense of contentment! :yahoo:

More later.

Had a very productive weekend - completed one of the major levels, explored an optional level and saw Skyfall (which fell short of my expectations btw).

Completed Anor Londo inside out, met Gwynevere and obtained the Lordvessel, rescued Siegmeyer of Catarina, invaded Lautrec’s world as a blue phantom and rightfully got back the Anastacia’s Firekeeper Soul and got the insane Dragonslayer Bow. The giant blacksmith here was extremely helpful in terms of equipment upgrades - upgraded the Balder’s Shield and Spider Shield to +10. The option to use Sif’s soul to further upgrade the +10 Balder Shield to Greatshield of Artorias has showed up but I don’t think I will do that upgrade since my character is designed to be part-knight (melee) and part-mage (ranged magic) types. This shield would severely limit the rolling due to the added equipment weight. Also upgraded the Lightning Spear to a maximum of +5 which now has a phy. dmg. of 220 and a ltg. Dmg. of 224 which is a sh1t load of damage combined! I really wish this spear’s damage scaled with the stats. :( Or maybe that’s asking for more!

Went back to the Firelink Shrine and Frampt warped me down to the Firelink Altar where the Lordvessel was intended to be placed. Sold several unwanted stuff to Frampt such as the copper, silver and gold coins, Dragon Tooth, Drake’s Sword (which had served me well during the initial phases but now has been bettered by other swords and spears which scales with stats as well), loads of armor, shields and weapons. Turns out Frampt gives 5000 souls for any dragon-weapon so the Drake Sword and Dragon Tooth netted me 10k souls. Heck, the coins alone were worth in excess of 25k souls!

Warped to the Sunlight altar and after positioning under the bridge, I could get a clean shot of the dragon's head and body. Used around 14~16 arrows and this thing was gone for good! Netted me 10k souls. Good riddance b1tch!

Regarding the invasion of Lautrec within Anor Londo, I thought I may be able to take out his comrades one by one without alerting the entire party but the moment I shot an arrow to the sorcerer, the entire gang rushed towards me and I was battling them at the stairs. The downside here being the estus flasks are disabled! Fortunately, I was able to quickly take down Lautrec, collected the loot (5 humanities, Ring of Favor and Protection and the Firekeeper’s soul) and then it automatically warped me back to Anor Londo. No lives lost here either so that was good. After returning to the Firelink Shrine, I was in two minds regarding Anastacia’s soul and chose not to resurrect her. So warped to the Daughter of Chaos’ chamber and gave her this soul which boosted the estus flask to +4. It didn’t end there! I wanted more so warped to the Anor Londo entrance bonfire where the Lady of the Darkling was located and killed her to get another firekeeper’s soul; gave this one as well to the Daughter of Chaos and currently the 10 nos. Estus Flasks stands at +5. :eek:hyeah:

Coming to the Ornstein and Smough boss battle I was referring to in the previous post. I am completely at loss of words here. This has been one of the EPIC boss battles I have ever fought! In any game till date! More so, because there was not one boss to be killed but two and to make matters complicated and worse, the moment one of them is slayed, the other one absorbs the soul from the corpse of the dead boss and becomes stronger and mightier! Let me be honest here - I did know of this boss battle before, around 3 months back when I was casually browsing YouTube and ran into one of the videos wherein the user took around 19 odd minutes to finish the fight! It was purportedly that hard and takes some strategy, timing and luck. At that time, Dark Souls was still a nightmare for me and I had sworn not to play the game any sooner. And yesterday, I walked through the fog door and the two bosses were charging towards me. I managed to finish off Ornstein first who could have been a bigger threat had Smough been defeated first and Ornstein absorbed his soul. Ornstein was easy so to say. Just circle strafed him around those pillars (which were being knocked down by Smough’s hammer through the course of the battle) and rolled to avoid his lightning spear attack. Once Ornstein died, Smough absorbed his soul and became stronger with different attack patterns but he was easy as well. He does this occasional drop after flying into the air which shoots lightning across all the directions. This was in short, one of those orgasmic moments when the battle was done. I almost lost control and started yelling all sorts of crap after it was done. It was THAT epic. Check out the amazing OST that played during the battle here:

After all the trading, upgrading and leveling up were done, I chose to visit the Painted World of Ariamis. Completed the first couple of buildings and collected all the loot. Saw the Undead Dragon from a distance and lured it towards the tower. Luckily, I had around 14 Dragonslayer arrows spared so used that to the advantage and took out his remaining health using the large arrows. The crow harpies here are a major pain since they attack in pairs and have this mount and bite attack which is lethal. I died a couple of times here. Paused it here.

Will hopefully complete this level today. Have Dexter and Homeland’s new episodes to watch as well. :p

A snippet from a statement I made on the very first page of this thread:

I will remember this quote and I swear on my dead cat's grave, I WILL complete Demon's Souls and then take this game up for sure.

I still remember making this comment in a heavily excited form, not knowing how these 2 games were going to change my RPG experience forever. But once I was done with Demon's Souls, I got the confidence boost I needed to conquer Dark Souls; Dark f*cking Souls.

So after almost a month of playing the game for hours (81 hours and 25 minutes to be precise), I finally managed to end the game tonight. An overwhelming sense of achievement is creeping though right now. Unfortunately, I don't have the stamina left to pull off a massive post for praising this game, but all I can say is "Thank you, From Software!" for delivering such a brilliant game. Durante, of course, for his wonderful mod on the PC. Whoever, pulled off the 60fps fix, I salute you sir. And finally Gannu, for making me patiently wait and pushing me to play it on the PC. It's was well worth the time I invested in it. This game also crossed my record time for longest hours spent in a single game, which was Skyrim earlier (a hollow experience).

Anyway, my major progress was made over the weekend, when I managed to complete the entire DLC content, grabbed most of the stuff from that area and killed all the bosses. On Sunday, managed to finish off Lost Izalith, Crystal Cave, Painted World of Ariamis, Tomb of the Giants, The Great Hollow and finally Ash Lake. Also, managed to kill the optional boss, which I would have almost missed out; Dark Sun Gwyndolin. This pissed off the Fire Keeper at Anor Londo, who then started attacking me on sight. I had no option but to kill her, take her soul and reinforce my Estus flask to +6. Finally proceeded to kill Daughter of Chaos and this is where it really hurt. Eingyi, the egg carrier guarding Quelaag's sister, started yelling "Why, youuuuu monster…! The Fair lady! What have you done, what have you done!" I really felt bad. It seemed like he really worshiped her and I just read the story attached to him and Quelaag's sister, very interesting.

Moving on, I saved the best for the last. I could have completed the game yesterday night, but I wanted to take a short break and finish Gwyn off today. By now you should know that I was getting a sense of being way too over-powered. I was one-shotting almost every smaller enemy and even the medium sized ones. The larger ones would probably take 3 hits before hitting their grave. Courtesy; my Black Knight's Halbred +5. This weapon dominated almost every fight I went through, for the second half of the game. Gwyn easily went down with it. The only bosses which really stood their ground were the DLC bosses; Manus and Kalameet, to be specific.

I'm not sure what kind of ending mine would classify as, but I felt like a supreme king towards the end. I'm glad I went with a melee build this time. Took my time with exploration, upgrading weapons, building better shields, wearing different armour sets for each fight/area. It was an amazing journey. Now I know why it's fans swear by it. It's a not a hard game, but just like Demon's Souls, it's challenging. I guess most of us don't like dying in any game these days. With all the regenerative health, checkpoints and other wussy bullshit mechanisms being added, we have got tuned to the easy way of completing games. This is why these Soul games stand out. They bring something new to the table. Each area has an imminent death. After a while, you just get used to it.

At first, loosing as low as 5k souls is gut-wrenching, but later, you just say "Pffft!" and move on. Every enemy is different, every level design is different, every boss is different (barring the Asylum Demon and his brethren), you don't know what you'll encounter next. That's how exciting your play-through is the first time round. If you don't read a single game guide, have never watched any YouTube reviews or videos, never entered into discussion for this game, basically if you're completely new to it, then this would be your single most enriching action RPG experience. The only thing I wish they had focused on, was building the story. I know a storyline is what people usually expect as the first thing to be from an RPG title. This game HAS a storyline, but it's very thin on the surface. It does have a good lore connected to it, but it's not depicted very well during the game. You just have to read up about it and connect the dots.

So I'll leave it right, go grab me some dinner, perform a victory dance and rest easy tonight. A lot of gaming backlog has piled up over this month. So for the people who still are in two-minds of playing this game, need to man up and give it a try. This would probably be your last chance to try a challenging game, unless From Software or some other developers decide to bring out a similar title. :)

Here's my final stat pics:

38192520.jpg

55776229.jpg

89723845.jpg

42166376.jpg

Pssst...I entered into New Game+ mode and slayed the Asylum Demon in 4 hits the first time he landed. :p

Bravo Allwyn, bravo! :clapping:

You can now proudly walk around displaying the tag ‘Beaten Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls’. Not every other player I know has achieved this feat. Good sh1t man, really. Well, had it not been for you, I wouldn’t have even played this title or Demon’s Souls. You kept pestering me from time to time to start this one. I guess it paid off finally eh?

Well then I suppose you can get some good rest now and start completing the other backlogs. But I reckon I will need your help so keep an eye on this thread all the time! :p

How the hell are u guys doing this ... died like 10 times at asylum demon till now >.<

Well you are not doing it right. Maybe you are rushing through the game or you are not doing the combat part right.

1. First off, what class did you choose? I did tell you on the previous post that the Pyromancer is a very good starting class. Even Knight is a good tank-class but you will find movements a bit hard due to the heavy equipment burden.

2. Are you playing using a keyboard and mouse? If yes, that’s a very bad idea. This game is NOT meant to be played with the keyboard and mouse but a controller. You definitely need one. If you already have one, move on.

3. Are you holding the shield all the time? It is always a good idea to walk around holding the shield unless you are absolutely sure it’s a straight path ahead and there are no enemies waiting to one-shot you. In the Undead Asylum, most classes (barring the Deprived class) can survive a couple of hits from the undead.

4. Practice parry and riposte from the Undead Asylum and master it right here. You will not get a better level to practice it since there are a lot of basic minions here. With the basic equipment you are given initially, you can parry and riposte. Riposting after a successful parry will deal insane damage one-shotting most minions or a couple more at the most. But it can be a bit hard to pull off initially especially for those coming from the usual hack-and-slash and action genres. When you see the enemy is about to whack you, press LT on the controller. Timing is of the essence here. If you do it before the enemy lands the blow, you will get hit, very bad. Do it late, you will get hit. If you do it correctly, you will hear a distinctive note from the speakers (something like a ‘dhumm’ sound which is very different) and see that the enemy is open to a critical strike. Press RB and then the character would pierce his weapon BANG into the enemy almost killing him or taking down a large chunk of his health. If you need more help, check out this video:

However, do note that some enemies cannot be riposted. Esp. the mini-bosses and almost all the bosses barring one which I wouldn’t mention here since it will spoil the experience for you.

5. Keep an eye on the stamina bar just as you would for the HP bar. I cannot stress how important the stamina in the game is. Every damn thing consumes stamina, blocking attacks, sprinting, jumping, rolling, riposting and so forth. When you invest your souls in upgrading the different stats, invest in Endurance equally. This improves your stamina bar, the equipment load you can carry and the resistance to bleeding. The more you are loaded, rolling and recovering from a roll takes time evident with a Knight or tank build with heavy armor whereas other classes can quickly roll and recover their stance.

6. Finally a word on patience. This game like I said before gives you minimal options for saving. A bonfire will be on the far end of the level probably next to the boss or perhaps at the start. If you die in the midst, your souls and humanities will lie there in the bloodstain. If you die and rush back to touch your bloodstain to collect your hard-earned souls and humanities and die again in the process, you will lose everything! This will be very painful especially at times when you have amassed 100k+ souls and about 30+ humanities. You will come across such instances later on. So be very VERY careful and take it patiently.

As for slaying the Asylum Demon, did you take the door to your left when you opened the door? After this, you can go around and come to the same area the Asylum Demon was overlooking you from the balcony, after you enter the fog door. Once you pass through the fog door, do a jump and press attack before reaching half-way through the height. You will do a plunging attack which like other critical strikes, takes down a large part of the Asylum Demon’s health. Almost 35~40% of the HP bar. Keep circle strafing him avoiding his attacks by rolling.

In case you need more help, do not hesitate to ask. We will help you as much as we can.

PS: I think I’ve said this before, but I will say it again. This game is not exactly hard but challenging. Most gamers would blame it on the hardness and would pussy out. Just as I did when I came across Demon’s Souls and vowed not to touch the game. It gave me hellish nightmares, no kidding! But when I finally mustered up the courage and attempted it, there was this good sense of extreme satisfaction and accomplishment - something I had never felt before. When you enter through a fog door, face the boss with a big arse HP and finally beat him, you will feel good, I mean really good. When you beat a level and upgrade your character with the hard earned souls, you will thank yourself for being patient throughout the level.

Yep rolled a pyro. And yes playing with a controller (got one just for this game). And yes u got me, i am a hack and slash kinda guy. I will try out the reposite. And followed ur words and ran out of the place first and came to the knight ... got the axe, killed the minions and jumped on the boss. It did take a chunk out of him, but after that i just get plastered all over the floor. Round two tonight ... will update progress. :)

Practice, practice and practice. In case you felt the need to clear the Undead Asylum once again, don't hesitate to reload the game from scratch. Learning and mastering riposting will be helpful for the later stages I reckon. I can now riposte Silver Knights, Black Knights and Heavy Knights with ease.

This level i.e. Undead Asylum in that sense is much more noob friendly compared to Demon's Souls wherein the first level - Boletarian Palace was a nightmare even for starters! I must have died at least a dozen times!

Krugur, for the Asylum demon, if you are able to make the drop slash connect perfectly, it will take out almost half of it's HP. Since you have limited room to run in this place, try to study the attack patterns. For every enemy and a boss, there is a certain attack animation which they perform, post which, they pause. This is the time where you need to take advantage of the situation and follow up with your axe attack. Don't go for the heavy attack using 'RT'. Go for the smaller 'RB' ones as they would preserve your stamina which is low at start. You'll need to stay focused on him, as that giant weapon he wields, has a wide area of attack. So remember to stay far away from him when he's hammering away at you. Try to stay behind him and slash away. Don't be too greedy to attack in a hurry; this will get you killed. Sometimes, the best startegy is to get 1 or 2 hits and roll the f*ck away.

Back