Hey guys,i'm from delhi and will be buying a datacard
for internet access.which amongst the
following will be best in terms of connectivity snd speed

1.mtnl 3G.

2.tata photon +

3.reliance netconnect

4.MTS mblaze

any inputs will be highly appreciated.

one thing I know is that all data cards available in India suck and Reliance is bit better than others. No idea about MTNL 3G and that anda waala companies datacard.

Go for Reliance Broadband+...Relaince Netconnect is based on CDMA 1x so maximum speed would be 154kbps...however Braodband+ is EVDO Rev A...so maximum speed would be 3.1Mbps...

Konquerror said:
Go for Reliance Broadband+...Relaince Netconnect is based on CDMA 1x so maximum speed would be 154kbps...however Braodband+ is EVDO Rev A...so maximum speed would be 3.1Mbps...

tehnicalities aside, it is important to know the real time performance of these, considering the skewed network coverage. What good is a 3.1Mbps if you cant use even one percent of it.

go for MTNL3G plan best part is flexibility of plans.
u can also use modem with other service providers like aircel ,airtel etc.;)
i am using it. in my room speed goes upto 175kBps on torrents even with weak signals ( modem network shows only 1 bar out of 5 most of the time):bleh:

i have reliance data card.. it works fine.. although u get at max 1.5 mbps as against the promised 3.1 mbps.. so that not good..

also during peak hours u can't even give a normal gtalk phone call.. voice breaks.. so really bad speed as compared to what they promise.. their brochure says mini 256 kbps guaranteed.. i doubt if even that much we get sometimes..

but its just so that no other provider also is better with this.. i have used the data card in pune, delhi.. it works fine though..

in night after 12 you'll get seamless speed..

btw, check out the airtel data card

Devices

they must be much better..

also they have a plan coming where its 999 for unlimited data transfer.. i guess its really 'unlimited'..

its a 3g card and has a speed of 3.6 mbps..

^ the airtel data card might be capable of providing 3g speeds, but the airtel network can only provide EDGE speeds. so, atm, evdo is the way to go when it comes to data card. dont go for a gsm provider, ull regret it.

What is the best evdo provider and unlimited scheme currently in india..??

i have used reliance netconnect.. its ok.. but tariff plans are not good.. expensive n low data transfer..

also they do not work on go like on train or highways..

^^^These are EVDO services present in india as per my knowledge:

1. Reliance Broadband+

2. Tata Photon Plus

3. BSNL

4. MTS MBalze

Best is Reliance among these in terms of coverage...Tata Indicom Photon+ has limited coverage...BSNL services are crap and speed also varies a lot...no idea about MTS...and since you already have Netconnect+...you will get discount on purchasing Broadband+ devce from Reliance...here is more info... Welcome to Reliance Communications

sadly.. bsnl doesn't entertain us in Delhi.. i suppose..

i have to up/down to mumbai, pune n delhi..

reliance is the best bet..

you have to realize that data cards are a premium service. you cannot compare those tariffs to the fixed line ones. having said that, go for reliance purely based on their coverage. remember, you will only get evdo speeds in 35 cities. in the other cities, you will get cdma 1x 2000 speeds.

however, if you want consistent speeds with unlimited plans at a low cost, data cards are not for you.

Back