CPU/Mobo DDR2 Ram Availability for Biostar 790GX mobo

Hi guys,
Its been a long time I am running on skimped system though its has reasonably strong heart to perform atleast couple of years.
Config:
Biostar 790GX mobo 128Mb side port DDR2
Proccy: AMD 550BE unlocked 4 cores at 3.5 Ghz
Ram : 1GB transcend :no:
SMPS: zebby 350w pro

I am planning to add decent performing Ram in my system. I wont use this 1GB Ram.
Is this wise to dump mobo and get ddr3 mobo and ram or can I still get performance ram like xms2 in the market and upgrade when ddr4 becomes available. The price of ddr2 4 gb is around 4.5K. Please suggest I am going to purchase today.

Regards,
Vijay

Who knows if your processor will unlock and be stable at 3.5ghz on a new mobo. Buy some more DDR2 and use the current mobo till socket AM3+ mobos become available, giving you a better upgrade path.
Also, since your motherboard has 4 ram sockets, you'll only need to buy 3 gb, not 4.
I wouldn't suggest getting performance RAM, the benefits will be marginal. Get the RAM with same/similar timings of your current stick and save a few bucks.

Thanks guys. The shop keeper suggested to go to new mobo. I asked the price of xms2 1GB in delta page and the price was shocking Rs1700. I am almost about to buy but thought to check with other shops. I found xms2 2GB in RC automations for 1.7K . Surprised to hear the price and bought 2x2GB for 3.4K . 1GB ram went to other system. I have decent SMPS zebby pro 350 Real watt. How can I overclock this RAM. Unfortunately I could not find CL4 . The timing is 5-5-5-18.

Back