Budget 10-15K Decent Android experience with VoLTE and preferrably ViLTE

My MOTO G3 is on it's last legs. Voice output is terrible and sometimes connecting is also impossible.

1. Budget?

A: INR 10k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5" and above, IPS LCD preferably something with IPX7 certification

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Nougat

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G with VoLTE. ViLTE will be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual Sim

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: I liked the looks of Xiamoi phones the problem I find is the dual nature of 2nd sim slot ie sim + microsd/sim slots.

Get the RN4 4/64GB.

You will get Nougat in a couple of months, if not weeks.

If you still want to expand beyond the 64Gb, look at these hybrid adapters sold for less than 200 INR online.

Sadly, no IPX7 rating.

u said you have problem in connecting sometimes ? does mobile connectivity deteriorate with a old phone ?
Not really. It depends on the phone's build quality and how it holds up against normal wear and tear.

Most android phones tend to go out of the window after a year or two if you keep adding apps etc. So the new phone will be blazing fast and 1-2 years down the line, slow as snail. You can format the phone and bring it back to the original state but then you feel you need the boat load of apps you had earlier, you re-download them and things go back to where they were - slow as a snail.

Then there is the proximity sensor which detects whether you are touching the phone near your ear, so it will turn off the screen. Some of the phone's sensor stops working after some time.So every call will cause the phone screen to switch off. Turning on speaker becomes pain in the ass. It's not a huge problem but causes a lot of irritation.

My current phone is slow as hell. Every time I try calling nothing happens for 5-10 secs, it just hangs then the connecting or dialer, whatever it is called, window comes up.

Maybe the sound output has not deteriorated but was bad from the beginning. I have seen reviews which say Moto G5 Plus' volume output is bad compared to Xiaomi. My sister has Redmi 4a and the call voice quality on that beats mine hands down. The other party can be heard loud and clear.

IMHO and I could be dead wrong but cheap android has a limited shelf life. People complain about apple's cost but the usage life is more compared to android. But as a tinkerer I hate that Apple makes it impossible to access file system etc. So android is still my choice for phones. After much thought I felt splurging a bit on a high end android so that it lasts at least 3-4 years is better than having a cheap one which starts to lag after a year or two of usage.

On that note, I added 5k and bought Oneplus 3T. The cost was brought down by exchange of phone and cashback on SBI.

Yes, Most of the phones has VoLTE enabled on both sim slots.
thanks. My Lenovo k5 vibe not support VoLTE and sucks in keeping Jio Voice app online continuously. Oldy - LG L90 not LTE equipped. Found traped after MNP of all 4 numbers from vodafone to Jio:p:eek:

Moto G5S plus also check out K8 note since they are coming with stock android now. There are others like Nokia 6, LGQ6 (might lag due to 430 chipset) also there is Mi Max 2.
Personally, I go with Moto & LG any day over to Lenovo & Nokia. Wondering why LG deteriorate Q6 with 430 chip and keeping out of competition with peers-Moto & Nokia.

Flipkart's BBD preview says the redmi 4a 3gb+32gb will be at 6999 from midnight of 21st sep. How is this an offer compared to the 'current' price?

Also is the R4 worth the 3-4k extra?

If on a budget, then consider 4A - 16 and 32GB models. If not, then look at R4.
Well, R 4 and R 4a price tag displaying same 6999/- on Amazon upcoming big sale.

R4 clocking with 2GB octa core processor and 435 chip is the plus compare to R 4a quad core with 425 but 3gb RAM.

I don't know other features to compare both the model.

Volte network support by both the SIM is my prime concern to buy new set.

Edit- I m Moto fan but unfortunately nothing found (4G+4G) in this price range.... hmmm....

Last edited:
I love the redmi 4a. very nice phone. even though it's less premium material and a smidge bigger than the 3s prime, i think it feels much better in the hand. feels like the true successor to the redmi 2prime. dunno about performance and battery life yet.

Moto G5S plus also check out K8 note since they are coming with stock android now. There are others like Nokia 6, LGQ6 (might lag due to 430 chipset) also there is Mi Max 2.
Got Q6 @Rs.6200/- Thanks to Amazon lightening deal:).

But no network found when inserted my two Jio card in both the sim slot:(. Checked other ways also by inerchanging both the card. One slot support full volte service but while second one shows no network and sometime "emergency calls" only. Pl note I haven't downloaded Jio voice yet with knowing that Q6 supports volte network on both sim.

What's exactly issue?

Back