Decent rig @ Rs.45-50k

Nishu said:
Dont go ASUS P8P67-M.

Instead go for MSI P67A GD55-9.5k

It is awesome board and is very good for OC atleast better than the ASUS model which you have mentioned.

So if you can then get MSI P67A GD55 TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Tell your dad that this pc will serve you for 3 years or so that might change his mind and also you can do 3d rendering on this .

So try to tell your father the benifits of the upgrade.

Why not MSI Z68A GD55 B3 over the one you suggested? Z68 > P67.

Add 1k and get Asus P8P67-M pro-10.5k which is better at overclocking.Don't compromise the quality for 0.5 or 1k .

^^
Firstly i mentioned P67 because i thought that OP has a strict budget and also he dont want to pay >10k

So the P67 board is VFM in the budget so i thought of suggesting that board.

Also i think MSI Z68A GD55 costs 11.5k.

can you post the link to site from where you got the quote for the Mobo.

Well, I am not quite sure if I will go for P67 or Z68 chipset. I will have to talk about it with dad and then decided whether to spend 7-8k more or not.

MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) looks promising.. :)

The last thing I want to know, if there are any extra case components that I need just like fans? I believe I'll be getting a single 120mm fan with Gamma.

Nishu said:
Ya you need couple of fans too.

So keep aside 1k for fans.

But i dont think you will need to upgrade now , for now add one front fan(intake) so that it can provide cool air to GFX and also to cool down the temps in cabinet.

I think Cooler master 90CFM fan or NZXT fan would do the job for now.

Theitdepot - Nzxt Performance 120mm 1300RPM Rifle Bearing Fan (FN-120RB)

Theitdepot - Cooler Master 120mm Blue Led Fan (R4-L2R-20CK-GP)

I would get bling fan as i love LEDs . :p

Who will not love LEDs? Ok, I'll arrange 1k more for Fans :p I'll get red or green ones as I already have Zebby PEACE with Blue LED and my room also has blue night-lamp. I found Cooler Master Red fans but can't find Green anywhere..

^ dude you need a air cooler atleast hyper 212 to overclock !! And you need another 2 x 120mm for the case minimum!! So settle down H61 chipset for now :)

ganesh said:
^ dude you need a air cooler atleast hyper 212 to overclock !! And you need another 2 x 120mm for the case minimum!! So settle down H61 chipset for now :)

Yeah, I know. :) I just thought of purchasing a good motherboard rather than re-arranging money for it later on. Getting Cooler is much easier after few months, I can easily save some bucks for it in few months.. But if I settle down with H61, I again have to collection some 13-15k odd for Motherboard + Cooler. Hahah.. :)
thegatekeeper said:
Op will be getting z68 or p67 mobo later when he feels like ocing,that's when he will get the cpu cooler,for now he will have to settle with the extra 2X120mm fans-

http://www.techenclave.com/primeabgb/nzxt-120mm-performance-fan-202096.html

^ Yeah, I need fans :) Isn't this better than NZXT? TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20CR-GP 120mm Red LED Case Fan - TheITWares

Yes,cm fans are also good,it's alright to get them.Get Intel DH67BL B3-5.5k board it's better than h61 chipset and it will better when you try selling it.
Rahulrulez said:
Yeah, I know. :) I just thought of purchasing a good motherboard rather than re-arranging money for it later on. Getting Cooler is much easier after few months, I can easily save some bucks for it in few months.. But if I settle down with H61, I again have to collection some 13-15k odd for Motherboard + Cooler. Hahah.. :)
^ Yeah, I need fans :) Isn't this better than NZXT? TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20CR-GP 120mm Red LED Case Fan - TheITWares

ganesh said:
Or go for amd based rig and get a better gfx bang for bucks & so you can also get other pheriperals!! I know its not as good as i5 but saves lot of cash & to the maximum you will loose couple of fps just incase if you dont mind ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And for fans go for this

Cooler Master Chasis Fan - 120MM BLUE LED SLEEVE FAN (2pcs in 1 Box) - www.deltapage.com

And get one cm led fan 90cfm total comes to 1.1k

Oops, there's a twist :p I've almost finalized the configuration and decided to go for Intel Core i5 and now I'm getting a suggestion for AMD.. Hihih.

thegatekeeper said:
Yes,cm fans are also good,it's alright to get them.Get Intel DH67BL B3-5.5k board it's better than h61 chipset and it will better when you try selling it.

I will be getting P67 motherboard. I've seen couple of threads regarding Asus's poor A.S.S. in India. That's why I'll be going with MSI which is good option :)

Which mobo have you decided to get,give some details of it.
Rahulrulez said:
I will be getting P67 motherboard. I've seen couple of threads regarding Asus's poor A.S.S. in India. That's why I'll be going with MSI which is good option :)

thegatekeeper said:
Which mobo have you decided to get,give some details of it.
MSI P67A-GD55 (B3)..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Here's the final config :

Processor : Intel Core i5 2500k - 11.7k

Motherboard : MSI P67A-GD55 P67 [B3] : 9.6k

GPU : MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II -14.8k

RAM : G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 - 3.3k

PSU : SeaSonic S12II 620W - 4.6k

Cabinet : NZXT Gamma - 2.1k

Monitor : Dell ST2220L - 8.5k

Keyboard : Regular keyboard @ 0.5 to 0.6k

Mouse : Logitech G400 : 1.5k

Mousepad : Rantopad or any equivalent (within 0.5k)

Fans : CM 120mm [Blue LED] x 2 : 1k

------------------------------------------

Total - 58.1k

Next step. Suggest me to find dealers who can ship these products :) I'll make order of couple of products from ITW + Hardwire.in.. I don't know about others, can anyone help me finding out good pricing for above config?

Rahulrulez said:
MSI P67A-GD55 (B3)..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Here's the final config :

Processor : Intel Core i5 2500k - 11.7k
Motherboard : MSI P67A-GD55 P67 [B3] : 9.6k
GPU : MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II -14.8k
RAM : G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 - 3.3k
PSU : SeaSonic S12II 620W - 4.6k
Cabinet : NZXT Gamma - 2.1k
Monitor : Dell ST2220L - 8.5k
Keyboard : Regular keyboard @ 0.5 to 0.6k
Mouse : Logitech G400 : 1.5k
Mousepad : Rantopad or any equivalent (within 0.5k)
Fans : CM 120mm [Blue LED] x 2 : 1k
------------------------------------------
Total - 58.1k

Next step. Suggest me to find dealers who can ship these products :) I'll make order of couple of products from ITW + Hardwire.in.. I don't know about others, can anyone help me finding out good pricing for above config?
I just went to the market i had seen 560 selling for around 12k ,i think you should save your cash and go for the normal version,since overclocking graphics cards needs luck ,you normally don't get lemon's. :)

joel.monty said:
I just went to the market i had seen 560 selling for around 12k ,i think you should save your cash and go for the normal version,since overclocking graphics cards needs luck ,you normally don't get lemon's. :)

I don't know much about performance increase in N560GTX-TI edition over N560GTX itself. Is anyone GPU expert here?

After comparison and little study, I observed the following changes.
MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC has Core Clock Speed: 870MHz and Memory Clock Speed: 4080MHz whereas MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC has 880MHz and 4200MHz respectively. Both are priced 12.3k and 14.8k respectively. Will it make much difference?

^^ there will 15-20 fps gain in ti version definitely worth it..!! Dont get 560 normal version instead you can settle down to hd6850 or hd6870 if you are not into 3d rendering !! Recently they have launched 448 core ti version check on that too but I dont know about the pricing for it though..
Or hold on to your current gpu till the 7series get released..!! I hope 7850 falls in this price tag afaik which is a sweet :)

joel.monty said:
Rahulrulez said:
I don't know much about performance increase in N560GTX-TI edition over N560GTX itself. Is anyone GPU expert here? After comparison and little study, I observed the following changes.

MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC has Core Clock Speed: 870MHz and Memory Clock Speed: 4080MHz whereas MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC has 880MHz and 4200MHz respectively. Both are priced 12.3k and 14.8k respectively. Will it make much difference?

Well it makes a good diff of 10 FPS' or so, but if you're really short on cash, you can drop it :).

Back